HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

High-end skates for flat feet

Old
08-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Happy Fan
one big happy family

vCash: 500
High-end skates for flat feet

It's about time for me to shell out and buy my own fancy pair of skates, no more used skates. I have flat feet and I love Easton skates, ever since i switched to the Bauer XXX from my Easton Synergy 700's, my feet have hurt and they havent gotten broken in, even when I use my Yellow superfeet insoles. I have bauer bumps on my heels.

So I need a better pair with a wider footbed. I'm leaning towards the Easton S17 which I hear is generally one of the widest skates out there. I can't seem to research about the different types of fit with the newer skates out there, there's information on old brands but for the new skates its hard.

Any feedback would be cool, thanks.

Happy Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 08:05 PM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
Do you have a local hockey shop? I'd go there and try on every skate in your price range.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Vuronov

I have flat feet and a wide forefoot and love my Reebok 11k with super feet yellow insoles. Best thing is 11k's are on markdown everywhere!

Last edited by Vuronov: 08-06-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Vuronov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Pete999
Rookie User

I regestered just to reply to this lol .

My old skates would cripple my feet at the innner arch and around the ankles too . I tried various bauer skates with no luck .

recently bought a pair of CCM U+cl and I have no discomfort whatsoever

Pete999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 03:57 PM
noobman

It's not so much the skate as it is the footbed. Even in a $600+ dollar skate, the footbed you get in the skate isn't anything great.

I use Superfeet yellow insoles and they provide pretty adequate support for the $35 they cost. There are other brands out there you can try for standard aftermarket footbeds. The best option is a custom footbed (Graf SIDAS) where they use equipment that measures your feet and model footbeds designed to give you maximum support, but they cost quite a bit.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:23 PM
hockeymass

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
It's not so much the skate as it is the footbed. Even in a $600+ dollar skate, the footbed you get in the skate isn't anything great.

I use Superfeet yellow insoles and they provide pretty adequate support for the $35 they cost. There are other brands out there you can try for standard aftermarket footbeds. The best option is a custom footbed (Graf SIDAS) where they use equipment that measures your feet and model footbeds designed to give you maximum support, but they cost quite a bit.
I find that a good footbed (one that isn't just flimsy foam and actually provides support) helps with all sorts of feet. I have high arches and the footbeds that came with my CCMs were really fatiguing the soles of my feet. After swapping them out for the Superfeet yellows, they're much more comfortable.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote