HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 13 GM Connected (PS3)

Old
09-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Scott04

vCash: 500
I'm fine with whatever. I've been busier lately, sure. But I've just had problems getting too close to setting things up with people to play any of my games. I've had a few over the last couple of sims vs. the PC, but my reluctance to play those is a combo of being busy + being kind of sour on NHL in its current state (maybe some future tuner sets will fix that). I would always be up to play vs. any other human team if we can make a time work though. That's not changing even if the game is frustrating to me.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
I am just wondering if either Boston or Columbus is going to be on at all today??

Devil X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 07:40 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Send a message via AIM to DevilzFan
Okay, so we're set to sim the to the next period tomorrow (Monday) night at 8:00pm EST

DevilzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

That's cool with me.

Injuries are still ridiculous in this game.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

my defense is finally going to be legitimate now that i traded for kuba and and half of it isn't going to be injured anymore... i hope

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
That's cool with me.

Injuries are still ridiculous in this game.
They are. I wish there was a way to at least tone them down. We could turn them off, but then that kind of kills some of the challenge.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

The Flames are on now til about 9.

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 07:48 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

We have advanced!

Also, good game kyle (Winnipeg)

Old
10-01-2012, 07:53 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Schneider stood on his head lol

Old
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I feel like nobody is ever online

Old
10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Quote:
Schneider stood on his head lol
Yeah, Schneider saved my ass!

I also have NO idea how my first goal went in...

Old
10-01-2012, 08:08 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzFan View Post
Yeah, Schneider saved my ass!

I also have NO idea how my first goal went in...

I was like you've gotta be kidding me. Exciting nonetheless.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
4 of my Dmen injured that sim period, lol.

Luckily they're all list as day to day.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

This period i am looking for:

Blue Jackets, Blues 2x, Stars, Kings 2x.

Ill be around tomorrow from 2pm-5pm

Then Wed anytime after 2pm and all day Thurs.

If anyone wants to set something up PM me or message me on PSN.

I am also still looking for a forward is anyone is looking for some D i have a lot of that sitting around.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

gg's Kings.

I thought i had a goal in the first game early like off my first rush i dunno what that was.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome2Hell

whoever is playing TOR ill be on tomorrow I have too much work tonight

Welcome2Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
gg's Kings.

I thought i had a goal in the first game early like off my first rush i dunno what that was.
That was a strange play overall if I remember it correctly. Odd bounce of the puck and it essentially sat right on/in front of the line before it was taken away or covered up (might be thinking of two different plays in one here).

Question: were both games lagging for you? From start to finish? I had it from the first puck drop of game 1, but I assume it was the same for both of us, as there was no one else connected to it (like with EASHL for example). Wasn't a huge deal, but it did help to make an already choppy game even choppier. I imagine we would have put up more goals combined without it.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
That was a strange play overall if I remember it correctly. Odd bounce of the puck and it essentially sat right on/in front of the line before it was taken away or covered up (might be thinking of two different plays in one here).

Question: were both games lagging for you? From start to finish? I had it from the first puck drop of game 1, but I assume it was the same for both of us, as there was no one else connected to it (like with EASHL for example). Wasn't a huge deal, but it did help to make an already choppy game even choppier. I imagine we would have put up more goals combined without it.
On that first play i didnt hear it hit a pipe or anything it just like stopped and fell down i thought it was inside the net but maybe it hit Quicks arm or something. I stopped skating because i thought i had a goal luckly that did hurt me haha.

FYI I HATE QUICK, he made a driving save later in the first game that i thought was a SURE goal. My guys couldnt hit the net in that first game to save there lives also haha.

As for your question i did notice a little lag but it was playable for me didnt seem all that choppy all the time but at times it was a little nuts.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Scott04

Quote:
On that first play i didnt hear it hit a pipe or anything it just like stopped and fell down i thought it was inside the net but maybe it hit Quicks arm or something. I stopped skating because i thought i had a goal luckly that did hurt me haha.

FYI I HATE QUICK, he made a driving save later in the first game that i thought was a SURE goal. My guys couldnt hit the net in that first game to save there lives also haha.

As for your question i did notice a little lag but it was playable for me didnt seem all that choppy all the time but at times it was a little nuts.
Yeah, that's the way I perceived it. The game definitely wasn't as fluid as a normal game (online or offline) should be, but it was all relative to the situation if it mattered. Those plays where you need the quick reaction to throw a rebound on net, or maybe a quick deke move breaking in a goalie were much tougher. But general play aside from that wasn't really affected too much.

I can't figure out how I feel about Quick. He's either superman, or he's terrible. I don't remember how many of my team's games I've played, but I want to assume its between 8 and 10 by now. He has been ridiculous for the majority of them (I think 5 of the games I have played personally were shutouts), yet others he lets in everything. Happened in 3 of the games I played. I'll take that ratio, but still. Its weird. This was my first time playing NHL in a couple of weeks, but jumping right back into it I kinda realized why I hate this game in its current form.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Quote:
Yeah, that's the way I perceived it. The game definitely wasn't as fluid as a normal game (online or offline) should be, but it was all relative to the situation if it mattered. Those plays where you need the quick reaction to throw a rebound on net, or maybe a quick deke move breaking in a goalie were much tougher. But general play aside from that wasn't really affected too much.

I can't figure out how I feel about Quick. He's either superman, or he's terrible. I don't remember how many of my team's games I've played, but I want to assume its between 8 and 10 by now. He has been ridiculous for the majority of them (I think 5 of the games I have played personally were shutouts), yet others he lets in everything. Happened in 3 of the games I played. I'll take that ratio, but still. Its weird. This was my first time playing NHL in a couple of weeks, but jumping right back into it I kinda realized why I hate this game in its current form.
I wasnt sure how i felt about it at first, but i kept playing and now that i am more used to it and comfortable i like it. I think maybe its just one of those games that you need to get used to. I mean there are something that do drive me crazy, hits from behind not getting called, or i have notice some goalie interference calls also are not called.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Scott04

Quote:
I wasnt sure how i felt about it at first, but i kept playing and now that i am more used to it and comfortable i like it. I think maybe its just one of those games that you need to get used to. I mean there are something that do drive me crazy, hits from behind not getting called, or i have notice some goalie interference calls also are not called.
Oh I'm more than used to the game. I'm just beyond frustrated with what is and isn't in it. As you said, the fact hits from behind are almost never called is pain. Same for no goalie interference calls. Interference in general seems to be a frequent no call unless its so bad or so far in advance of the puck. I'm the kind of person that doesn't throw many body checks as I would rather not get caught out of position if I miss. Its to the point that in the two games we played, plus the two I just played vs. SJ since, that I knew I could just freely hit anyone from any angle into the boards as it wasn't going to be called. In all of the games I've played, be it in this league, online, or offline, I've only seen one hit from behind called. Sure, it was a game misconduct to one of my best players in one of my first games in this league, but still. With that frequency, its far from a deterrent. And aside from the penalties issue, the pokechecking thing is ridiculous. I've always played with a poke-heavy style because I don't hit much. But its to the point I feel bad using the tactic I've used for years because its so broken in the current version of the game. It has its positives, sure. But the negatives are really frustrating.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:43 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

But really

is anyone ever online?

Old
10-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Scott04

Quote:
But really

is anyone ever online?
For me, its upon request (i.e. to play a game). Not thrilled enough with NHL right now to be playing it in general. I'm on PSN all the time though...

Old
10-02-2012, 10:49 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
For me, its upon request (i.e. to play a game). Not thrilled enough with NHL right now to be playing it in general. I'm on PSN all the time though...
I'm trying to play most of my league games. But nobody is ever on.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Scott04

Quote:
I'm trying to play most of my league games. But nobody is ever on.
I don't know if I've had any games against you, or when I will, but I'm personally never sitting on my ps3 waiting to find someone in this league online to play them. I would much rather set it up through here. A lot of times I may be on my PS3 and not playing NHL, or I'll be on here and readily able to go to my PS3. Don't know how many people are operating the same way, but that's how it is on my end. Can't fully expect to find people there to play on the spot. I've had a handful of games against human GMs that I didn't get to play, and I'm sure that's at least partly my fault for not really reaching out here. It happens unfortunately.