HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Top 60 Forwards - #47 Tiebreaker

View Poll Results: Top 60 Forwards - #47 Tiebreaker
Dustin Brown 76 47.50%
Tyler Seguin 84 52.50%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
  #26
Art of Sedinery
Registered User
 
Art of Sedinery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Hall is definitely the better player. For reference, see career points, career goals, career PPG, last seasons PPG, last seasons goals per game, rookie season points, rookie season goals/goals per game, rookie season assists/assists per game, etc. Hall leads in almost every way possible.
Why does rookie season points count more than, oh I don't know, last season points?

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 10:19 PM
  #27
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing View Post
Why does rookie season points count more than, oh I don't know, last season points?
That's the only thing Seguin has beat Hall in during their careers. Hall had a better PPG last year also.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 10:31 PM
  #28
Art of Sedinery
Registered User
 
Art of Sedinery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
That's the only thing Seguin has beat Hall in during their careers. Hall had a better PPG last year also.
I wonder if after you posted that, I realized how silly it sounded.

Their careers are 2 seasons long. Hall outscore Seguin in year 1, Segiun outscored Hall in season 2. The difference in PPG was negligable (.86 to .83). You mentioned Hall having a better GPG, but what about Seguin's APG?

"The only thing Seguin has beat Hall on is last years scoring". lol

Hall has yet to play a full season. I think he will be a very talented player that can just never simply live up to potential because of that. Think Marian Gaborik.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 11:36 PM
  #29
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing View Post
I wonder if after you posted that, I realized how silly it sounded.

Their careers are 2 seasons long. Hall outscore Seguin in year 1, Segiun outscored Hall in season 2. The difference in PPG was negligable (.86 to .83). You mentioned Hall having a better GPG, but what about Seguin's APG?

"The only thing Seguin has beat Hall on is last years scoring". lol

Hall has yet to play a full season. I think he will be a very talented player that can just never simply live up to potential because of that. Think Marian Gaborik.
Well other then last years total points (which Seguin only out scored Hall because of a freak injury), what has Seguin beat Hall in? Don't bring up the Stanley Cup because that is a team accomplishment.

If you want to bring up APG, Hall still has Seguin beat over their careers. Not to mention, Hall has been playing with a bum shoulder for the last 4 years, and he had surgery on it this summer.

So no, I don't think it was silly at all, they are true facts and obviously their careers are only 2 years long. That's all we have to base them on though. Hall simply controls the pace of the game better than I have ever seen Seguin do.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:07 AM
  #30
Art of Sedinery
Registered User
 
Art of Sedinery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Well other then last years total points (which Seguin only out scored Hall because of a freak injury), what has Seguin beat Hall in? Don't bring up the Stanley Cup because that is a team accomplishment.

If you want to bring up APG, Hall still has Seguin beat over their careers. Not to mention, Hall has been playing with a bum shoulder for the last 4 years, and he had surgery on it this summer.

So no, I don't think it was silly at all, they are true facts and obviously their careers are only 2 years long. That's all we have to base them on though. Hall simply controls the pace of the game better than I have ever seen Seguin do.
Hall has Seguin beat in careers numbers mostly because Seguin played on the Stanley Cup winning team and even then was underutilized. Seguin played 9 more games in their rookie years, but Hall played almost 300 more minutes. While this year Seguin played 20 more games but just 200 more minutes.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:10 AM
  #31
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,891
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Autocorrect, my bad. Seguin.

I say it the Southern way, too. Sa - geen, not Say - gun.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:15 AM
  #32
XtremeofParanoia
Registered User
 
XtremeofParanoia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Well other then last years total points (which Seguin only out scored Hall because of a freak injury), what has Seguin beat Hall in?
Playoff points.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:25 AM
  #33
Art of Sedinery
Registered User
 
Art of Sedinery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Autocorrect, my bad. Seguin.

I say it the Southern way, too. Sa - geen, not Say - gun.
Isn't the proper way, say-gan?

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:40 AM
  #34
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Playoff points.
That's what happens when the 2nd worst team in the league trades their first to a playoff contender.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:42 AM
  #35
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing View Post
Hall has Seguin beat in careers numbers mostly because Seguin played on the Stanley Cup winning team and even then was underutilized. Seguin played 9 more games in their rookie years, but Hall played almost 300 more minutes. While this year Seguin played 20 more games but just 200 more minutes.
Hall is the driving force of his team. The difference is night and day when he is in and out of the lineup. They are obviously both great players but I just think Hall is better.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:28 AM
  #36
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Dustin brown

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 08:22 AM
  #37
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
jesus why can't there be a single seguin thread where isn't compared to Kessel, Hall or RNH.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:36 AM
  #38
XtremeofParanoia
Registered User
 
XtremeofParanoia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
jesus why can't there be a single seguin thread where isn't compared to Kessel, Hall or RNH.
Because deep down, everyone knows Seguin will be better than all three.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
  #39
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Hall is definitely the better player. For reference, see career points, career goals, career PPG, last seasons PPG, last seasons goals per game, rookie season points, rookie season goals/goals per game, rookie season assists/assists per game, etc. Hall leads in almost every way possible.
hall has also played more minutes than seguin on a sloppy team... a fact of course you overlooked

another fun fact, seguin can actually stay healthy

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
  #40
LightningStrikes
Moderator
SFY
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,258
vCash: 133
Brown should win this. There were several players better (right now) than Seguin on that list anyway.

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:01 PM
  #41
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,687
vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Because deep down, everyone knows Seguin will be better than all three.
I think Seguin will end up better than Kessel

Hall is a toss-up. I might go with Seguin just because he hasn't had the same injury concerns, but Hall's intangibles are world-class

I think RNH will end up being a lot better than Seguin

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 12:42 PM
  #42
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing View Post
Isn't the proper way, say-gan?
say-ginn

Trap Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:13 PM
  #43
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Hall is the driving force of his team. The difference is night and day when he is in and out of the lineup. They are obviously both great players but I just think Hall is better.
A prorated record with Hall in the lineup last year still would have been good for second last in the league. A prorated record with Hall in the lineup the year before still would have been good for last in the league. And a prorated record with Hall in the lineup over the last two years combined is still the worst in the league. Night and day difference, you say?

Trap Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
  #44
PhillyBluesFan
Registered User
 
PhillyBluesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,634
vCash: 500
This list gets worse and worse. I like Seguin but he is not on Brown's level and they are both 10x better than freaking Logan Couture

PhillyBluesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:39 PM
  #45
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
A prorated record with Hall in the lineup last year still would have been good for second last in the league. A prorated record with Hall in the lineup the year before still would have been good for last in the league. And a prorated record with Hall in the lineup over the last two years combined is still the worst in the league. Night and day difference, you say?
Watch the game before you comment. You come across looking like you have no clue, otherwise. The Oilers win something like 17% more games with him in the lineup.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
  #46
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
hall has also played more minutes than seguin on a sloppy team... a fact of course you overlooked

another fun fact, seguin can actually stay healthy
Seguin played more this year... A fact of course you overlooked.

Another fun fact, not many players would be able to play through getting stepped on the face by a skate. Also, Hall's shoulder is healthy for the first time in four years because he had surgery on it.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:46 PM
  #47
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Because deep down, everyone knows Seguin will be better than all three.
Deep down, and everywhere else, I know he won't be better than all three. Maybe Kessel and that's it.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
  #48
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Seguin played more this year... A fact of course you overlooked.

Another fun fact, not many players would be able to play through getting stepped on the face by a skate. Also, Hall's shoulder is healthy for the first time in four years because he had surgery on it.
no no no

your points are great

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:30 PM
  #49
WalterHeisenberg
Registered User
 
WalterHeisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 133
Seguin

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:21 PM
  #50
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
brown right now, Seguin very very soon. Maybe even later this year

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.