HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Johnstarks

vCash: 500
Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Hello Yote fans!

In your opinion, what kind of role and production do you expect out of Scottie Upshall in 2009-2010? He was doing fairly well at the end of last season and if hes still pencilled on the first line I see him getting a 50 points easily.

Will this be Upshall's breakout year?

Old
07-07-2009, 10:41 AM
PhoPhan

Please Read: Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

To keep the board from getting cluttered with player-specific threads (many of which tend to fizzle out in only a few responses), please put all your player-centric questions here. If you start a thread about a specific player that doesn't justify an entire thread, it's liable to end up here or be deleted outright. Use your discretion so we mods don't have to use ours (since so few tend to agree anyway). This system has worked well in the past, so please try to keep it in mind.

Old
07-07-2009, 11:36 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstarks View Post
Hello Yote fans!

In your opinion, what kind of role and production do you expect out of Scottie Upshall in 2009-2010? He was doing fairly well at the end of last season and if hes still pencilled on the first line I see him getting a 50 points easily.

Will this be Upshall's breakout year?
It definitely could be, based on what we saw last season.

Old
07-07-2009, 02:45 PM
FLYERSFAN18

How Do You Like Scottie Upshall

Flyers Fan here,

A Coyotes fan started a thread on the Flyers Board asking how we liked Carcillo, so I thought I would do the same. I have always liked the Coyotes, as i went to phoenix for a month every year to visit my grandmother. How do you guys like Upshall. He was always one of my favorites.

Old
07-07-2009, 03:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

He's great. He scored more goals(8) in 19 games as a Coyote than he did in 55 games as a Flyer(7), which is a thirty five goal pace over an 82 game season. Not that any of us expect him to come out and score thirty goals, but he did seem to show some great chemistry with Matthew Lombardi, and really seemed to relish the increased ice-time and responsibility with the new team. He even got quite a bit of PKing time, which he said he hadn't ever had previously. He was quite impressive in that role, too. Obviously he's a high energy guy who hustles, works hard, and likes to mix it up, a little. That's why he was the fan favorite he was in Philly. That's what we were expecting, but he's really showed a lot more than that, as well. I really think there is more to his game than that, and I believe he's going to realize that great potential of his, at least to a larger degree than we've seen in the past. Another season alongside Lombardi, getting second line type of minutes, and playing on both specialty team, and being counted on to produce, I think we work wonders for him. I think there is a good chance that he finally has his break-out year, and pots twenty or twenty five goals. His goals per game pace as a Coyote is .42. Assuming he cools off, a bit, which is almost certain, to say about only 2/3rds of that pace, it would be .28 or 23 goals over 82 games. In his NHL career, thus far, he's accumulated 60 assists in 230 games played, which is an average of .26 assists per game. So even if he just matches his previous assist rate, he'll end up with 21 assists over 82 games. I don't think there is a Coyotes fan that wouldn't be totally pumped if Upshall ended next season with 82gp 23g 21a 44pts.

Old
07-08-2009, 07:28 AM
habs1988

Peter Mueller next year ?

What do you expect from him next year?

He seems to be the future of the franchise with guys like Turris and Hanzal.

HE had a very bad 2nd season, but I think he's capable of a 30 goals - 40 assists season.

Old
07-08-2009, 10:24 AM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
What do you expect from him next year?

He seems to be the future of the franchise with guys like Turris and Hanzal.

HE had a very bad 2nd season, but I think he's capable of a 30 goals - 40 assists season.
Given the struggles he had last year, i think most of us around here would be happy if he returned to the form of his rookie season (20g 30a type numbers).

The problem with Mueller is that if he doesn't produce, he's utterly useless. Which is why he's called "the bum" around here. He doesn't kill penalties, he stands around scratching his crotch, gets knocked off the puch, is not a particularly effective back-checker, and can't lay a hit to save his life. So if he doesn't put up points, he dissappears almost entirely.

Old
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
Given the struggles he had last year, i think most of us around here would be happy if he returned to the form of his rookie season (20g 30a type numbers).

The problem with Mueller is that if he doesn't produce, he's utterly useless. Which is why he's called "the bum" around here. He doesn't kill penalties, he stands around scratching his crotch, gets knocked off the puch, is not a particularly effective back-checker, and can't lay a hit to save his life. So if he doesn't put up points, he dissappears almost entirely.
He's called "the bum" by SOME people around here but I think more people realize the circumstances and are still giving Peter the benefit of a doubt. We have a few people on here that I would consider "loud" but that doesn't mean their sentiments are echoed by the majority.

Old
07-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Could Sean Avery be in a Coyotes uniform?

Assuming if things get very nasty between John T and Sean Avery would he be a good fit on the team and a good tool for marketing the Coyotes in AZ?

Right now anything is possible with Don maloney being a trading partner with the NY Rangers and would only have to pay what the Rangers are paying for Avery after they received him from waivers by Dallas.

I say Avery would be great in bring in the press for this team, something we need more of with the Coyotes in Arizona.

Boy would those match up's betwwen him and Dion P in Calgary be great.

Old
07-08-2009, 06:07 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Really would not want all the youngsters on our team sharing a locker room with Avery.

Old
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Really would not want all the youngsters on our team sharing a locker room with Avery.
Agreed. Avery a bad idea. A very, very bad idea.

Old
07-08-2009, 06:32 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Assuming if things get very nasty between John T and Sean Avery would he be a good fit on the team and a good tool for marketing the Coyotes in AZ?
I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Old
07-08-2009, 06:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
A little? I just threw up my own ******* up through my mouth.

Old
07-08-2009, 06:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
He's called "the bum" by SOME people around here but I think more people realize the circumstances and are still giving Peter the benefit of a doubt. We have a few people on here that I would consider "loud" but that doesn't mean their sentiments are echoed by the majority.
No, he's called "the bum" by one person.

Old
07-08-2009, 07:01 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
A little? I just threw up my own ******* up through my mouth.
It didn't actually happen.

Old
07-08-2009, 07:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
It didn't actually happen.
So your saying that vomitting my own anus up through my mouth was an overraction for a strictly hypothetical scenario? Damn.

Old
07-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Kaizen

Again with the multiple personalities - you "two" should sort that all out.

Old
07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post

Right now anything is possible with Don maloney being a trading partner with the NY Rangers and would only have to pay what the Rangers are paying for Avery after they received him from waivers by Dallas.

I say Avery would be great in bring in the press for this team, something we need more of with the Coyotes in Arizona.

Boy would those match up's betwwen him and Dion P in Calgary be great.
Avery and Tortorella are getting along just fine in New York...not to mention I think anyone with a pair of eyes, including Maloney, will notice Avery only plays well in NYC for NYR. Oh not to mention, I don't think Shane Doan is too fond of Avery if my memory serves me.

Old
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
TPS

Shane Doan HATES Sean Avery! He would likely murder him at the introductory news conference. Shane Doan is one of the most respectable and kind individuals as well.

Old
07-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I personally love Avery and the personality he brings to the game, but he's not a good fit here. Plus, I think the Rangers are happy with him.

Old
07-08-2009, 10:42 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Their was an article in Maxum several years ago where Sean called out Doan.

Old
07-08-2009, 10:59 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Don't you love Avery? Calling out players several times more talented than he is.

Old
07-08-2009, 11:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I personally love Avery and the personality he brings to the game...
Well I hope that tommorrow you turn around too suddenly and whack your funny bone on the corner of a table, or something. Or perhaps get something stuck in your teeth when you won't have access to floss for several hours. Something you can't work out with your tongue or fingers, that's really annoying until you can floss it out.

Old
07-08-2009, 11:42 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Yep, called him the most overpaid and overrated player in the league. Funny because I consider him the complete opposite for both of those.

Old
07-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Well I hope that tommorrow you turn around too suddenly and whack your funny bone on the corner of a table, or something. Or perhaps get something stuck in your teeth when you won't have access to floss for several hours. Something you can't work out with your tongue or fingers, that's really annoying until you can floss it out.
I'm not saying I personally condone the things he does (getting in faces and then running away from fights) or did (sloppy seconds joke was neither well executed or funny, though I did enjoy the aftermath), but he does certainly livens things up. Hate him all you want, but you can't say Avery is boring. I certainly don't want an NHL full of annoying pests like him, but I think a couple makes the sport a bit more interesting.

If it makes you feel any better, some dumb*** redneck just completely smashed up my car in the Winn Dixie (grocery store) parking lot and then took off without leaving any contact or insurance information. Can you settle for that?

Closed Thread