HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

How do you think Lehoux will turn out?

View Poll Results: How do you think Lehoux will do in his hockey career?
1st or 2nd line talent that will have a lasting impression 10 34.48%
3rd or 4th line...will make the big dance but won't do much 6 20.69%
Pavel Rosa 13 44.83%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Mxpunk

vCash: 500
Lehoux

After reading the postings about how he was kicking butt, I told one of my friends about Lehoux's possible turnaround, and he was pretty pessimistic.

I noticed he got 3 points last nite. How is his play? Has he dramatically improved his game (defensively, going to the boards, drive)? Thanks.

Old
10-24-2004, 12:03 PM
jfont

Awards:
How do you think Lehoux will turn out?

heres a poll...

10-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Fat Elvis

Maybe you should include 2nd line, he has the potential. I guess it's up to him. Rosa didn't get much of a shot imo the last couple of seasons.

Old
10-24-2004, 12:50 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
(*shake*shake*shake*) Magic 8-ball says... "Too early to tell."

10-24-2004, 04:03 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
AHL'er. He's too lacidazical (spell that right?) to play in the NHL.

Old
10-24-2004, 04:14 PM
maximil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us

I haven't seen him play but that's the impression that I get.

Old
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
I really want to see what the first 20 games this year reveals. It may be that he's finally matured. Some players get bounced around, have their egos bruised and then figure out that they have to come to play every night which Lehoux MIGHT just be doing. Give the guy a chance to prove he's turned the corner. At least we can't argue that he's giving us the kind of results we want from him. Jury's out on whether or not he's a hard worker this season although from what I know of Kings fans, if you're not hitting everything in sight and skating at full speed (even when you should be coasting or stopped in your position) you're not working. If he's in the right places at the right time, and the team has puck possession when he's on the ice, and he's where he needs to be to get his job done, I'd say that he's quietly putting out the kind of work ethic that a finesse offensive player needs to put out. If that's happening, lay off the kid, we'll know after 20 games if he's improving enough to make it. At least he picked the right time to come out and shine.

Old
10-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Pavel Rosa

12 votes 4 a piece so far.

10-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

I still think Pavel Rosa could have been a solid player and right now he's scoring again in the Russian Super League. He never got the chance to play a full season in the NHL. Too bad he didn't play for another team in the NHL, so we could see how he would do.

Old
10-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
I still think Pavel Rosa could have been a solid player and right now he's scoring again in the Russian Super League. He never got the chance to play a full season in the NHL. Too bad he didn't play for another team in the NHL, so we could see how he would do.
Which team though? This isn't the 80's. You have to be able to skate and play D in todays game or you don't get a shot.

Old
10-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Mxpunk

So are there any Manchester fans able to give us some analysis after seeing him play?

Old
10-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I like the kid and hope he turns out, just like I did with Rosa, but I think he'll end up like him....

Old
10-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I think he will turn into a top 2 line consistent offensive threat.

Old
10-25-2004, 05:33 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Which team though? This isn't the 80's. You have to be able to skate and play D in todays game or you don't get a shot.
More people in the NHL can't skate, Legionnaire, and the RSL is not some kind of Mickey Mouse league either.

Old
10-25-2004, 06:23 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
More people in the NHL can't skate, Legionnaire, and the RSL is not some kind of Mickey Mouse league either.
Like whom Gary? Unless that player plays a really physical game, he's not going to get ice time.

You're right, the RSL is a highly defense oriented league. I am surprised he's doing so well honestly. The thing is, in the NHL today, I can't think of a coach that doesn't require two way play from a foward. That's mainly what I was getting at. I do not deny his offensive skill at all, but his two way game for sure.

More and more you've seen coaches like Andy Murray or Larry Robinson at the helm; coaches who require everything out of their skilled players when that is not necessarily their strong point.

I often times wonder whether or not Luc or Brett Hull could make it as a player breaking in today. If you want to look at why the league is so low scoring, look no further than the people who are in charge.

Old
10-25-2004, 09:58 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I often times wonder whether or not Luc or Brett Hull could make it as a player breaking in today. If you want to look at why the league is so low scoring, look no further than the people who are in charge.
you know what we need tim?

we need to bring back kelly rhudey and his gaping 5-hole...

Old
10-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Big Kov

Another 3 pts for Lehoux tonite

5gms 7g 5ast 12pts thats safeeeeeeee

best pt to game ratio in the league.

Old
10-29-2004, 10:36 PM
maximil

gotta admit this guys numbers are really turning some heads

Old
10-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kov
Another 3 pts for Lehoux tonite

5gms 7g 5ast 12pts thats safeeeeeeee

best pt to game ratio in the league.

Old
11-01-2004, 02:55 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

u know wat, not wanting to judge a player before i seen him on his supposed "turn around",i wanted to avoid this thread as much as possible.. but i still wana put in one note.

this guy has played 5 games and u guys are close to calling him "legit" and putting him back up on the top 20 list. u guys are so damn eager to say he finally tapped into his "potential" and so quick to call him a "late bloomer" that you are just waiting for one excuse to validate your feelings. now as far as i can remmber, lehoux has always been labelled an inconsistent player, what makes you think this is any different?

i don't think lehoux is legit, even after all of this, i believe he still is not going to show a significant turn around this season. forgive me for being pessimistic,b ut i predict this flare now, a bump in a road, then lehoux mediocrity for the rest of the year with a few occasional flares throughout the season. if he proves me wrong, great! glad to have another prospect on board. but even then, one great year won't make me forget 3 mediocre ones.

Old
11-01-2004, 05:08 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

3 ?? Does one great year make you forget 2 mediocre ones ?

Old
11-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Lehoux is either on a hot streak or he finally turned the corner over the summer. It's too early to figure out which one it is. We'll know the answer in March

Old
11-01-2004, 11:48 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
3 ?? Does one great year make you forget 2 mediocre ones ?
come on, ur best retort is to mess around with the fact that i said 3 years when there hasnt' been 3 complete years? i really thought u would come up with something better then that. this whole time there has not been one really good argument for lehoux's legitimacy except "he has turned it around and he's a late bloomer." your whole basis is on the fact that he had a great training camp and produced well in points for five games. the argument is so thin i can't even begin to argue against it because it has no foundation at all. anyways, i think kingsjohn is right and there isn't much to know until march.

oh, and is it coincidence that as the Kings top prospects go back to play for manchester, lehoux got better? i havne't seen the games, but it is very feasible to beleive that he is one of those players that gets better as his linemates get better and not one to be the root of the offensive explosion.

Last edited by KingPurpleDinosaur: 11-01-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old
11-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
u know wat, not wanting to judge a player before i seen him on his supposed "turn around",i wanted to avoid this thread as much as possible.. but i still wana put in one note.

this guy has played 5 games and u guys are close to calling him "legit" and putting him back up on the top 20 list. u guys are so damn eager to say he finally tapped into his "potential" and so quick to call him a "late bloomer" that you are just waiting for one excuse to validate your feelings. now as far as i can remmber, lehoux has always been labelled an inconsistent player, what makes you think this is any different?

i don't think lehoux is legit, even after all of this, i believe he still is not going to show a significant turn around this season. forgive me for being pessimistic,b ut i predict this flare now, a bump in a road, then lehoux mediocrity for the rest of the year with a few occasional flares throughout the season. if he proves me wrong, great! glad to have another prospect on board. but even then, one great year won't make me forget 3 mediocre ones.

Buzz Killer!

Old
11-01-2004, 12:21 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur

Sounds like you have a grudge against everybody.

But I do agree with you about Lehoux. Where was this when he was without all the new players that got sent down from L.A.? Where was this during all the other seasons? Lehoux hasn't proven anything to me yet. He has proven that he CAN put points on the board, but can he do it for a whole season? How about two seasons? He's kinda like Adrian Beltre. Adrian showed us nothing, until last year. But can he keep it up for next year? We'll see. When the Monarchs blow every team out like they are now, then I even I could get a few points. I'm not saying hes incapable of keeping this up, but I don't think he will. If he does, then more power to him.

Closed Thread