HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our team right now (lineups etc).

Old
01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Where's the right-handed shooter for Pavel? All I see is people penciling in Nyquist and Franzen.

I fear we're going to see something awful.

Franzen Datsyuk Sammy
Flip Zetterberg Brunner
Nyquist Helm Cleary
Bertuzzi Abdelkader Tootoo.

Quite obviously, we need to trade an overpriced forward along with Quincey or CC for a Real Defenseman who can kill penalties and play in defensive situations
Who was the last right handed shooter Pavel had? Brendan Shanahan?

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Really looking forward to seeing Brunner. How about..

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Franzen
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner
Cleary - Filppula - Samuelsson
Miller/Eaves/Mursak - Helm - Tootoo

Kronwall - White
Quincey - Coliacovo
Ericsson - Smith/Kindl

Howard
Gustavsson

Lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaid View Post
Really looking forward to seeing Brunner. How about..

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Franzen
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner
Miller/Eaves/Mursak - Helm - Tootoo

Kronwall - White
Quincey - Coliacovo
Ericsson - Smith/Kindl

Howard
Gustavsson
You're forgetting Abdelkader

I'm thinking the lines will be something like this to start:

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Franzen
Filppula - Z - Brunner
Cleary - Helm - Samuelsson
Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Tootoo

This obviously all depends on how Nyquist is used early. I agree with people who will say that Bertuzzi and/or Cleary probably won't see a ton of 4th line action, but if everything goes to plan (unlikely) Nyquist will be the guy with Pavel.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post

Yeah, well, we have a **** ton of bottom six forwards, as has been mentioned... I feel like Tootoo is probably a better bottom six forward than Abby, and that we could maybe use Abby as part of a trade or something. I actually really liked the 4th line we had for a while with Miller/Helm/Eaves. Miller is probably one of the better bottom six forwards we have as well, considering him for special teams and so on. So it's difficult - you basically end up picking between 4-6 guys for the last line.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:

Filppula - Z - Brunner

This obviously all depends on how Nyquist is used early. I agree with people who will say that Bertuzzi and/or Cleary probably won't see a ton of 4th line action, but if everything goes to plan (unlikely) Nyquist will be the guy with Pavel.
This is the exact line up that I was thinking. I expect the 3rd and 4th lines to be scrambled regularly on both wings as they are all decently similar. Also don't expect Gus to stay on the 1st line when he goes on a 2 game scoreless streak. Baba will be quick to bring up Sammy.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Yeah, well, we have a **** ton of bottom six forwards, as has been mentioned... I feel like Tootoo is probably a better bottom six forward than Abby, and that we could maybe use Abby as part of a trade or something. I actually really liked the 4th line we had for a while with Miller/Helm/Eaves. Miller is probably one of the better bottom six forwards we have as well, considering him for special teams and so on. So it's difficult - you basically end up picking between 4-6 guys for the last line.
I definitely agree, but I don't think the Wings will use Filppula as the 3rd line center after what he did this past season. Helm and Abdelkader will be the 3rd and 4th line centers. A trade has to be made, it makes no sense to keep so many plugs.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Lets just trade for Evander Kane

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/wpg130107.html

Gator, Cleary, Spoul, and Ferraro/Andersson for Kane.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post

I'd do that but doubt Winnipeg would.

I'd expect they'd probably ask for Helm+, which isn't worth it IMO,

Old
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post

I don't fully know what situation WPG is in, but that's not an awful trade suggestion actually. Kane is good, but he's not immensely good (I've heard people making comparisons to John Tavares for example). I think there will be better offers waiting for them, though.

I really don't want Cleary around anymore as I feel like he's just dead weight to this team most of the time, but I also think that Holland wouldn't trade him, since he's become quite attached in the Wings uniform and community, and all that jazz.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:49 PM
heyfolks

Eaves not ready and I would venture a guess he will be on the IR and not available to play for this shortened season.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....s_still_1.html

heyfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Jurky
Free the HolySlapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
I'd do that but doubt Winnipeg would.

I'd expect they'd probably ask for Helm+, which isn't worth it IMO,
I'd do Helm+ for Kane in a heart-beat. Kane will be a 30+ goal scorer for years and years, I see him as an Iginla-lite.

Realistically I see WPG wanted Nyquist/Filp++ which isn't worth it.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
HockeytownOverhaul

No way I'd trade Helm. He does more in his role than whoever would get bumped by Kane to be in that role which is either demote Flip or promote Abby. Don't want to do either, I'll gladly keep Helm and stay strong down the middle.

HockeytownOverhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Henkka

With weak defence, you need a defensively strong centers. Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Filppula-Helm gives you superb core to build around.

I've been waiting Mule and Zetts together since the WHC where they donimated together. But Zetterberg also founded another great partner from Switzerland. I really really hope we start the season with Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner as the 1st line.

Franzen was used wrong at last season as Pavel's sniper. He doesn't fit to that role. He has to be a corner workhorse and/or a net-front screener. We need a new guy in this role especially at 1st PP after Homer retired and it should be Franzen. So cornerwork/screening for Franzen, playmaking/strong defensive role for Zetterberg and forechecker/sniper role for Brunner. Looks perfect on paper, hopefully also on ice.

Datsyuk's 2nd line needs also same kind of screener/cornerworker than Mule at 1st and that's the same buddy as last year, mr. Todd Bertuzzi. We just add a new element (than Franzen was) to the right wing with Nyquist's young legs. Forecheker/sniper role also for him like Brunner. Other choise would be Filppula, but in my plans he will have his own line to have those strong centre corps.

Healthy Cleary, Filppula and Samuelsson is the 3rd line. That gives you great depth. Strong defensive and forecheking line, with some scoring ability with also same roles as 1st and 2nd lines. Cleary is the cornerworker/screener, Filppula takes the main defensive responsibility and goes back to his playmaker days like he naturally is, and Sammy is the forecheker/sniper.

4th line goes back to Grindline -mode. Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo. Those wingers will crash and bang and hopefully break some ribs from opposite defencemen. And they will be good defensively. Abdelkader-Helm at 1st PK.

Then there's Miller and Mursak really great tools to put in. Emmerton possibly waived. Eaves LTIR.

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo
(Miller, Mursak)

Emmerton, Eaves

Babcock wanted depth, now he's having it.

Don't have any clue about the defence. Let's wait and see how they will build it.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
With weak defence, you need a defensively strong centers. Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Filppula-Helm gives you superb core to build around.

I've been waiting Mule and Zetts together since the WHC where they donimated together. But Zetterberg also founded another great partner from Switzerland. I really really hope we start the season with Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner as the 1st line.

Franzen was used wrong at last season as Pavel's sniper. He doesn't fit to that role. He has to be a corner workhorse and/or a net-front screener. We need a new guy in this role especially at 1st PP after Homer retired and it should be Franzen. So cornerwork/screening for Franzen, playmaking/strong defensive role for Zetterberg and forechecker/sniper role for Brunner. Looks perfect on paper, hopefully also on ice.

Datsyuk's 2nd line needs also same kind of screener/cornerworker than Mule at 1st and that's the same buddy as last year, mr. Todd Bertuzzi. We just add a new element (than Franzen was) to the right wing with Nyquist's young legs. Forecheker/sniper role also for him like Brunner. Other choise would be Filppula, but in my plans he will have his own line to have those strong centre corps.

Healthy Cleary, Filppula and Samuelsson is the 3rd line. That gives you great depth. Strong defensive and forecheking line, with some scoring ability with also same roles as 1st and 2nd lines. Cleary is the cornerworker/screener, Filppula takes the main defensive responsibility and goes back to his playmaker days like he naturally is, and Sammy is the forecheker/sniper.

4th line goes back to Grindline -mode. Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo. Those wingers will crash and bang and hopefully break some ribs from opposite defencemen. And they will be good defensively. Abdelkader-Helm at 1st PK.

Then there's Miller and Mursak really great tools to put in. Emmerton possibly waived. Eaves LTIR.

(Miller, Mursak)

Emmerton, Eaves

Babcock wanted depth, now he's having it.

Don't have any clue about the defence. Let's wait and see how they will build it.
It all looks good on paper but I'm pretty certain that Filppula is staying in the top 6 and Helm is centering the 3rd line.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
It all looks good on paper but I'm pretty certain that Filppula is staying in the top 6 and Helm is centering the 3rd line.
Wise coaches spread the talent. Filppula could be the 4th best forward in this team, but still the 3rd best center. They can give more minutes to those guys on special teams and with some extra shifts on key moments of the game. Best teams doesn't have to have a clear TOP6, it's just some EASports thing.

Franzen (18min) - Zetterberg (19min) - Brunner (14min)
Bertuzzi (12min) - Datsyuk (19min) - Nyquist (14min)
Cleary (14min) - Filppula (18min) - Sammy (14min)
AKader (12min) - Helm (14min) - Tootoo (10min)

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Townsend Beasley
Coop, how's Annie?

I still think that running d-z-fil-helm down the middle is our best bet.

I think we need 3 scoring lines and helm skillset is maximized on the 4th line where he wouldnt bear the burden of producing offense.

Townsend Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Sammy, Bert and Cleary should not be in the top six at all. Unfortunately, i know that wont happen.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Sammy, Bert and Cleary should not be in the top six at all. Unfortunately, i know that wont happen.
That's our 2nd power play unit

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:39 PM
loojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post

(Miller, Mursak)

Emmerton, Eaves
I like these lines and would love to see them given a chance. I doubt Babcock would play them like this though.

loojay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:47 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Targets I'd like to see Holland go after:

-Chris Stewart
-Dmitry Kulikov
-Anton Volchenkov
-Any Russian that happened to play with Pavel Datsyuk in the KHL
-Perhaps P.K. Subban if things don't go well

If possible, I'd like to see if we could pluck Volchenkov and Kovalchuk off New Jersey. We make good trade partners. and with our glut of forwards, we could easily replace Kovalchuk's goal production.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
sarcastro

Quote:

Filppula - Z - Brunner

Pretty sure they are going to want Sammy on one of the top 2 lines. I like yours better, and I think we'll see those lines before too long, but not right away.

I also think that Bert will play higher than the 4th line. Again, not how I'd play it, but I think that's how they'll play it. To start.

Quote:
I definitely agree, but I don't think the Wings will use Filppula as the 3rd line center after what he did this past season. Helm and Abdelkader will be the 3rd and 4th line centers. A trade has to be made, it makes no sense to keep so many plugs.
I think they like Emmerton for the 4th line center gig - again, I have no idea why, because he's lousy on faceoffs and isn't strong enough or fast enough to check anybody or find open ice on offense.

I think this is most likely, unfortunately:

Franzen-Z-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Samuelsson
Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo
Miller/Mursak

Kronwall-Quincey
Ericsson-Smith
CC/Kindl-White

Eventually they'll realize that Miller is a tremendous asset on the 4th line and the PK and they'll figure out a way to get him into the lineup. Probably after their first game against Chicago or San Jose when the PK gives up 7 goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
I'd do Helm+ for Kane in a heart-beat. Kane will be a 30+ goal scorer for years and years, I see him as an Iginla-lite.

Realistically I see WPG wanted Nyquist/Filp++ which isn't worth it.
It would be Helm+++. I do think Winnipeg would love to have him but Kane has a lot of value.

And Flip really has no place in trade discussions - he's on the last year of his deal so nobody that's selling would give anything valuable for him. He's also a very good player who they should try to keep long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeytownOverhaul View Post
No way I'd trade Helm. He does more in his role than whoever would get bumped by Kane to be in that role which is either demote Flip or promote Abby. Don't want to do either, I'll gladly keep Helm and stay strong down the middle.
I was about to say that Kane has way more value than Helm, but then I took a closer look. Helm is locked up for this year plus 3 more at a very reasonable price. Kane has 6 years left at $5.25m but his best year was 30+27=57. Helm has virtually no offensive upside so his value is also limited, but still...

I haven't seen him play enough to have a good sense of his potential, but I'd be nervous about selling the farm for him. And I know a lot of the fans in the 'Peg are not enamored with him either.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

My guess is Sammy plays with Datsyuk. Babcock wants a righty on the scoring lines.

I'd rather give it to Tootoo or Mursak. But whatever.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
My guess is Sammy plays with Datsyuk. Babcock wants a righty on the scoring lines.

I'd rather give it to Tootoo or Mursak. But whatever.
I think Tootoo on a scoring line would be so bad, it would become funny.

It would be the Cabin Boy of line combinations.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I think Tootoo on a scoring line would be so bad, it would become funny.

It would be the Cabin Boy of line combinations.
Man oh man, I hate those fancy lads!

I could live with a Cabin Boy line combo for a game or 2 just for laughs. For the movie, you just need to watch it LATE at night with a good buzz going, no more than once every 2 years, and it's enjoyable. Watch it while failing to follow any of those suggestions and it's one of the worst movies ever made.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:12 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Man oh man, I hate those fancy lads!

I could live with a Cabin Boy line combo for a game or 2 just for laughs. For the movie, you just need to watch it LATE at night with a good buzz going, no more than once every 2 years, and it's enjoyable. Watch it while failing to follow any of those suggestions and it's one of the worst movies ever made.
It's only like 55 minutes long too, so that helps.

A real game with Tootoo on a scoring line would last at least a couple hours...