HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our team right now (lineups etc).

Old
01-18-2013, 08:36 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Mursak can't even get in the lineup with two guys out and Nyquist in GR.

Babcock's a dolt.

Gotta make sure we get Eaves some icetime ... guy hasn't played in two years while Mursak comes in Hot from Europe.
Mike Babcock is most certainly not a dolt. His international, NHL, and Junior credentials put just about every active hockey coach to shame. The only dolts here are the ones saying he's terrible because he won't play a certain 3rd liner of their liking. That's it. I'm censoring you. I've had enough of the utter nonsense you spew. You words pollute and dilute what tends to be decent discussions. You may have credible hockey knowledge, but your opinions are terrible and an eyesore.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Does anyone know the status of Joey MacDonald? I haven't heard a thing about him all offseason since you guys signed The Monster, besides that he was hurt at some point. What's his roster status? I didn't notice him on any waivers lists at all this offseason so he couldn't have been assigned to a minor league this year yet. Doesn't that mean that he's technically on the Wings' roster still?

What's his status?
He should still be with the organization, but I seem to remember him being promised a trade or similar if he wasn't to be a part of the Red Wings' plans, which he isn't. He's definitely up for grabs.

Lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:11 PM
waltdetroit

Actually Mac is still recovering from surgery, maybe an IR candidate

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....acdonal_2.html

waltdetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
The roster on the team's site lists 24 players right now. Which one is the one that shouldn't be there, or is someone injured right now?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:27 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
The roster on the team's site lists 24 players right now. Which one is the one that shouldn't be there, or is someone injured right now?
Helm is on IR.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:29 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdetroit View Post
Actually Mac is still recovering from surgery, maybe an IR candidate

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....acdonal_2.html
I hope he recovers well, but I don't hope to see him with the Wings again. If we get an injury at G, Mrazek deserves to get a cup of tea of what the big league is all about.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:30 AM
last_sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Helm is out with injury

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:37 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I hope he recovers well, but I don't hope to see him with the Wings again. If we get an injury at G, Mrazek deserves to get a cup of tea of what the big league is all about.
A cup of tea is fine, but I would hope they don't throw him in the net this season. It's his first year as a pro, he's still not even 21, and they could do some damage if he goes out there and gets lit up.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:49 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
A cup of tea is fine, but I would hope they don't throw him in the net this season. It's his first year as a pro, he's still not even 21, and they could do some damage if he goes out there and gets lit up.
Yeah that's what I meant, I don't expect him to get into action. But if he did, he seems like a guy who could take being lit up and take it for what it is, or for that matter play solid enough. Lehner was far from stellar for the Sens in his first taste as a 20 yo, then went back to the minors, won the Calder, and here he is today. It depends on mentality, and I think that's Petr's biggest strength. I'm a big fan of letting goalies take their time, but a call up probably doesn't hurt.

Here's what the young goalie call ups with less than 10 games did last year:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...24#goaltending

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:28 AM
P U L L H A R D

How would you guys feel about making a move like Miller + Kindl for Sekera from Buffalo?
Miller bros are united and Kindl replaces Sekera on their blue line. I think we have to add for the Sabres to do it, I'd be willing to go as high as 3rd rounder. I think Buffalo would rather package Sekera with another player for someone bigger, rather than the other way around, but I am just spitballing. It removes one of our extra forwards in Miller, upgrades Kindl so we can roll with 3 pretty solid pairs all game long.

so

Miller + Kindl + 3rd round pick

for

Sekera

Again, if a Sabres fan saw this deal they would probably laugh at me, but I'm trying to get a feel for value. Do you guys think it is fair?

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:04 AM
MBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
How would you guys feel about making a move like Miller + Kindl for Sekera from Buffalo?
Miller bros are united and Kindl replaces Sekera on their blue line. I think we have to add for the Sabres to do it, I'd be willing to go as high as 3rd rounder. I think Buffalo would rather package Sekera with another player for someone bigger, rather than the other way around, but I am just spitballing. It removes one of our extra forwards in Miller, upgrades Kindl so we can roll with 3 pretty solid pairs all game long.

so

for

Sekera

Again, if a Sabres fan saw this deal they would probably laugh at me, but I'm trying to get a feel for value. Do you guys think it is fair?
I like Sekera but no way Sabres move him for that.

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:08 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

so

for

Sekera

The Sabres are waiving their own young d-man. Sekera would be a tougher ask on their fan-base than their actual team in my opinion. But he has a nice cap hit, would think they would look to move Regher first although that would be a bad sign to other players around the league given the promises made by Pegula to get him to come from Calgary.

Wonder if they would be okay with Miller+ Emmerton or Andersson. We do know the Sabres are very into Sheahan, would hate to give him up though. Guessing that is the first name they trot out however when negotiations start.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:13 AM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
I like Sekera but no way Sabres move him for that.
I figured. I remember seeing a bunch of threads on the TR&FA board about a Filppula - Sekera swap, and even then a lot of Sabres fan weren't into it (Flip's contract being a big reason for that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
The Sabres are waiving their own young d-man. Sekera would be a tougher ask on their fan-base than their actual team in my opinion. But he has a nice cap hit, would think they would look to move Regher first although that would be a bad sign to other players around the league given the promises made by Pegula to get him to come from Calgary.

Wonder if they would be okay with Miller+ Emmerton or Andersson. We do know the Sabres are very into Sheahan, would hate to give him up though. Guessing that is the first name they trot out however when negotiations start.
Yeah, even Regher would be welcomed here, despite his apparent decline. His style is sorely lacking on this team. Doubt he'd be very happy/ motivated, though. He moved to Buffalo to play only to be flipped after one season? Doubt Sabres brass pulls that stunt on him. I'd be all for it though

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Mursak can't even get in the lineup with two guys out and Nyquist in GR.

Babcock's a dolt.

Gotta make sure we get Eaves some icetime ... guy hasn't played in two years while Mursak comes in Hot from Europe.
Woops.

Ansar Khan
‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Wings skating with these lines: 13-40-24, 93-51-37. 11-8-39. 20-25-22; defense is 55-52, 27-2, 28-18. Also 17. 4, 43 and 44 not on ice.

The amount of overreaction and freak outs before game 1 has even been played is amazing.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:26 PM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Woops.

Ansar Khan
‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Wings skating with these lines: 13-40-24, 93-51-37. 11-8-39. 20-25-22; defense is 55-52, 27-2, 28-18. Also 17. 4, 43 and 44 not on ice.

The amount of overreaction and freak outs before game 1 has even been played is amazing.
seems strange to put datsyuk at LW.

Quote:

so

for
Sekera

Quote:
I figured. I remember seeing a bunch of threads on the TR&FA board about a Filppula - Sekera swap, and even then a lot of Sabres fan weren't into it (Flip's contract being a big reason for that)

Yeah, even Regher would be welcomed here, despite his apparent decline. His style is sorely lacking on this team. Doubt he'd be very happy/ motivated, though. He moved to Buffalo to play only to be flipped after one season? Doubt Sabres brass pulls that stunt on him. I'd be all for it though
buffalo is probably a good potential trading partner, as they have many d-men, but lost derek roy.

myers
ehrhoff
regehr
mike weber
sekera
leopold
sulzer
brennan

i doubt miller and kindl would not be enough to get sekera, and i would not trade filppula.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
sarcastro

Buffalo has lots of defensemen but only three that are signed past this season. With Regehr, Leopold and Sulzer all pending UFAs, I doubt they're in a hurry to deal Sekera. It would probably be easier to get Regehr.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Henkka

Some stats from yesterday:

PK Icetimes:

Miller 3:22
Abdelkader 3:14 (68% at faceoffs) good job.
Datsyuk 1:14 (83% at faceoffs) great job.
Zetterberg 1:03 (14% at faceoffs) abysmal job.
Filppula 0:46 (41%)
Franzen 0:46
Emmerton 0:39 (43%)
Cleary 0:36

Ericsson 4:37
Quincey 4:37
Kronwall 1:13
Smith 1:13
(Cola 0:00)
(White 0:00)

So clearly the Miller-Abdelkader and Quincey-Ericsson was the new 1st PK.

Powerplay:

Datsyuk 4:13
Zetterberg 4:13
Franzen 4:07
Cleary 3:33
Filppula 3:28
Samuelsson 3:10

Brunner 4:45
Kronwall 4:39
White 2:15
Colaiacovo 2:00
Quincey 1:27
Smith 0:46

Looks like Cola-White is only a PP pair.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:01 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Those special team units

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:11 PM
newfy

I understand wanting a righty on the PP so Brunner, White and Sammy kind of make sense to me but why is Smith not getting PP time over CC? Or really over a guy like Samuelsson who was donig nothing out there. Smith is one of the top offensive dman prospects out there and he cant get PP ice time on a team that was playing like garbage

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I understand wanting a righty on the PP so Brunner, White and Sammy kind of make sense to me but why is Smith not getting PP time over CC? Or really over a guy like Samuelsson who was donig nothing out there. Smith is one of the top offensive dman prospects out there and he cant get PP ice time on a team that was playing like garbage
Sammy was not on the point. He played at forward position. You want Smith on that position?

It's Kronwall, Quincey, Colaiacovo, Smith battling for those left-handed D-minutes (1 spot in 2 units).

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

We need to roll with this Friday

Filppula- Datsyuk- Brunner
Bertuzzi- Zetterberg- Franzen
Cleary- Helm- Samuelsson
Miller- Abdelkader- Tootoo

Kronwall- Lashoff
Smith- Ericsson
Huskins- White

Howard or Gustavsson

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post

Cleary- Helm- Samuelsson

Kronwall- Lashoff
Smith- Ericsson
Huskins- White

Howard or Gustavsson
I like it. Is white gonna be out though?

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I like it. Is white gonna be out though?
I don't think so, it's a cut above the knee, so hopefully not a deep one.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:

Cleary- Helm- Samuelsson

Kronwall- Lashoff
Smith- Ericsson
Huskins- White

Howard or Gustavsson
Unfortunately, Quincey is going to be given every chance to succeed (or fail, more likely), and Lashoff will probably be sent back to Grand Rapids as soon as Kindl and/or Ericsson are good to go.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

Quote:

Cleary- Helm- Samuelsson