Old
08-13-2012, 07:59 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Not lying.

First bee stings of my life. Dr said I got a lot of venom. Burning and stabbing pain. And I have a really high pain tolerance level. I'll be fine.
Of course you do. You are a frequent reader of HF and have not needed painkillers for that, so there you go.

People can be allergic to bees despite not reacting to a sting or two earlier in life. Apparently, most humans are born with a small amount of the antitoxin which protects people from bee stings, so you can get stung once or twice and be OK. The difference is that people who are not allergic to bees continue to produce that antitoxin, while people who ARE allergic do not.

At least that's what I have been told.

Long day, up early to get son to hockey school, ran around getting more paperwork concerning the accident with my daughter's car, then got a call around 7pm telling me it's being totaled. I have not seen the $$$ yet, but I guarantee I will be losing money because it was an older car that was immaculate and had really low mileage.

People who can't drive suck.

I'm going to bed.

Old
08-13-2012, 07:59 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
the above post was not suppose to make me sound mental. McRibs told me to make 15,000 count. today was a disaster of a day, so a little pep talk was in order
Don't worry, your 15,000th post didn't make you sound mental. The first 14,999 though, well, they certainly did...

Old
08-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

My friends wife lost her brother to a bee sting.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:13 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Nullius View Post
I've never been stung by a bee or wasp or anything of the like either, hopefully I'm not allergic lol.

I realized today that I lack a variety of fundamental skills most human beings have at my age, just thought it would be semi-humorous to share:

1. I cannot ride a bike.
2. I can't swim.
3. I can't whistle.
4. I can't blow bubbles with gum.
5. I can't write coherently in "cursive".
6. I can't parallel park to save my life.

I'm sure there are others. Who wants to teach me how to do all of the above? Haha, jk. But really..
I wouldn't worry about this too much.

It's only cause you're a woman.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Nullius View Post
I've never been stung by a bee or wasp or anything of the like either, hopefully I'm not allergic lol.

I realized today that I lack a variety of fundamental skills most human beings have at my age, just thought it would be semi-humorous to share:

1. I cannot ride a bike.
2. I can't swim.
3. I can't whistle.
4. I can't blow bubbles with gum.
5. I can't write coherently in "cursive".
6. I can't parallel park to save my life.

I'm sure there are others. Who wants to teach me how to do all of the above? Haha, jk. But really..
Just like my 3 year old.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I have an interview tomorrow. Big deal for me. I can't say I've prepared myself recently. The job was posted like 3 months ago. Here's hoping I'm as prepared as I need to be.
Good Luck!!!

Old
08-13-2012, 09:09 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
All this doggie talk is kinda making me sad. I just realized today that I'm having a hard time keeping up with my mini schnauzer. The baby has sort of put herself in the middle of the routine I had with the pup, and I'm really sad about it. He only had two really short walks today, maybe 5 minutes a piece, one morning and one night. I have been trying to give him more attention cuz I know he feels pushed aside by the baby, so I try to make more of an effort to give him belly rubs and such. Part of the reason I have trouble getting him outside is that I get home at 630, and I don't like walking after the sun goes down cuz the bugs are so bad where I live.

I'm just gonna post it here cuz I think I will have an easier time sticking to it, but I want to make more time for my little guy, just like I did before. As for now, well he's snuggling in bed with mom

Old
08-13-2012, 09:46 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Not lying.

First bee stings of my life. Dr said I got a lot of venom. Burning and stabbing pain. And I have a really high pain tolerance level. I'll be fine.
Ouch. Hope you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Exactly.

Christ, I've been stung or bitten by bees, wasps, hornets way too many times to even count. Meeting an adult that has never been bitten is really a rare thing.
I've been stung a few times. One day at Hampton Beach when I was a kid, I got stung... twice... in the same arm... but on different sides. That was a fun ride home.

Quote:
I have an interview tomorrow. Big deal for me. I can't say I've prepared myself recently. The job was posted like 3 months ago. Here's hoping I'm as prepared as I need to be.
Good luck!!!

08-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

My friend got stung in the mouth by a bee. It went into his soda when he wasn't looking.

Also:

Old
08-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

I know this is the OT board blah blah blah

BUT,

I've learned two things from the below video

1) This video will ALWAYS give me the chills and it's the best game i ever saw live
2) I have more appreciation for the current 4th line, realizing it used to be metro, axe, and nokelainen

Old
08-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
My friend got stung in the mouth by a bee. It went into his soda when he wasn't looking.

Also:

I can't find the clip on youtube, but all i can think of is the "BEE's YOUR WEAPONS ARE USELESS!" scene from Tommy Boy. Hilarious

Old
08-13-2012, 10:11 PM
chuckdobbins

In case anyone was wondering, Vicodin kinda helps an oncoming migraine...kinda. Still not sure if I'm cured, or I am just tired and chill so much that I don't care that my head is pounding.

Old
08-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
In case anyone was wondering, Vicodin kinda helps an oncoming migraine...kinda. Still not sure if I'm cured, or I am just tired and chill so much that I don't care that my head is pounding.
migraines suck. life comes to a screeching halt.

make sure you hydrate or you'll rebound.

Old
08-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Don't worry, your 15,000th post didn't make you sound mental. The first 14,999 though, well, they certainly did...
much needed laugh, thanks

Old
08-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
I can't find the clip on youtube, but all i can think of is the "BEE's YOUR WEAPONS ARE USELESS!" scene from Tommy Boy. Hilarious

Old
08-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

I got stung by a bee on the lip once because I had apple juice on it. My lip puffed up immediately, but I bit that bees head straight off (I was like 9), so brutal and metal!!

Speaking of metal, I saw Car Bomb and Gojira tonight in Worcester. It was great because it was at the Palladium Upstairs, so there was maybe 150 people there max, and all the bands were super friendly and into the crowd. Some of the people from Gojira were crowd surfing multiple times.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:21 PM
EverettMike

I don't know what it is like to be stabbed with a sword, but I imagine these bee stings are pretty comparable.

Last edited by EverettMike: 08-13-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 11:49 PM
icyblue

I've never been stung, but I'm not outdoors a ton. I have been outdoors a lot the past 1 1/2 months though and I have a ton of mosquito bites to show for that.

Quote:
Migraines are awful. I'm usually out of commission until the next day. Hope you're feeling better after sleeping it off.

Old
08-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
I know this is the OT board blah blah blah

BUT,

I've learned two things from the below video

1) This video will ALWAYS give me the chills and it's the best game i ever saw live
2) I have more appreciation for the current 4th line, realizing it used to be metro, axe, and nokelainen

yup yp--loved that game.

Old
08-14-2012, 08:14 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Do you get migraines very often? If so, you should check out imitrex or fiorinol. Both would probably be far more helpful than vikes.

Old
08-14-2012, 08:15 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
much needed laugh, thanks
That's what I'm here for...

Old
08-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Not a bee, but I got stung in the side of the head right above my ear once as a kid by a yellow jacket. Yellow jackets nest in the ground, and my dad was doing landscaping in the back yard. My brothers and I (we were like 9/10/11) were having dirt clod fights and I guess I disturbed a yellow jacket. I got stung in the head, and I went full-on berserker mode on my brothers thinking one of them beaned me with a rock. My mom looked and saw the entry hole for the stinger, so I calmed down.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Hell, I got bit by a bear 2 weeks ago.
So, tell us what you did to piss Blades off

Old
08-14-2012, 10:32 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Do you get migraines very often? If so, you should check out imitrex or fiorinol. Both would probably be far more helpful than vikes.
I have Imitrex in my desk that I am too scared to take. I've had it twice and both times thought I was dying a slow horrible death. Magically 3 hours later I felt 100% perfect, but I'm not sure if it was worth the side effects.

I have Fioricet (sp?) at home though, which works about the same but doesn't give me tunnel vision and I can still feel my limbs, all 5 of them.

I took the vicodin with the hopes it would just knock me out. I'm a lightweight...it worked.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:32 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Good luck to you!

Closed Thread