HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Viktor Stalberg

Old
08-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
then there is no way you get Stalberg... Hawks only would trade him for an upgrade, not for futures or guys that fill no need.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:36 PM
TurdFerguson

Getting slightly away from the original trade, but SJ needs wingers and has centers, and Chi has wingers and needs centers. I honestly see Pavelski being the only guy SJ is willing to trade, but don't honestly know what his value is.

Maybe Stalberg and Bolland?

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Both teams are in win now mode and it makes no sense for either team to give up the best player in any deal.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:32 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Both teams are in win now mode and it makes no sense for either team to give up the best player in any deal.
This. No sense making deals here unless it involves non-roster assets...and then, whats the point?

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:32 PM
ikeane

Hawks need a #2 Center. Stalberg+ for Pavelski I can see

And before the Stalberg and 2013 2nd for Pavelski proposals come rolling in, The Hawks dont have their 2nd or 3rd pick in 2013, Those went to Winnipeg for Oduya

ikeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:34 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeane View Post

And before the Stalberg and 2013 2nd for Pavelski proposals come rolling in, The Hawks dont have their 2nd or 3rd pick in 2013, Those went to Winnipeg for Oduya
Because THAT is the problem with a Stalberg + 2nd for Pavelski proposal.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Arrch

If it's Pavelski, it would have to be Stalberg + Bolland, which I know Hawks fans wouldn't do, and I'm not even sure I would considering Pavs is now our top-line winger instead of our 2nd line center.

Last edited by Arrch: 08-08-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Hawkaholic

Ya, we aren't trading Bolland within the conference if at all. That and I think Bolland and Stalberg make a bigger impact on our team than Pavelski would.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:

Those proposals start rolling in and I start shooting. Is that suppose to be a "value" proposal?

08-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Kershaw

Stalberg is a tweener, doubt he holds any value.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 05:52 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:

The + would likely be Bolland, which i feel benefits both teams, San Jose would then have a legit defensive 3rd line center who plays his best hockey in the playoffs, as well as a 2nd line winger that can really fly and open up space. Chicago gets a 2nd line center who is one of the smartest players in the league and can actually win faceoffs.

All of the players involved are more or less 'replaceable' by their respective teams. Havlat can take Pavelski's spot on top line wing, and Stalberg fits in where Havlat was. Kruger can replace Bolland as 3C, and Chicago has considerable wing depth in its system to replace Stalberg.

Old
08-08-2012, 06:00 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
The + would likely be Bolland, which i feel benefits both teams, San Jose would then have a legit defensive 3rd line center who plays his best hockey in the playoffs, as well as a 2nd line winger that can really fly and open up space. Chicago gets a 2nd line center who is one of the smartest players in the league and can actually win faceoffs.

All of the players involved are more or less 'replaceable' by their respective teams. Havlat can take Pavelski's spot on top line wing, and Stalberg fits in where Havlat was. Kruger can replace Bolland as 3C, and Chicago has considerable wing depth in its system to replace Stalberg.
The problem with all that is that Havlat doesn't really fit in next to Joe Thornton, they are both playmakers. I like the idea of having soemone that can handle the puck on JT's wing (and a fast skater) but I don't see Havlat being the right guy there. In fact, Stalberg would probably be a better fit.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 06:16 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
The problem with all that is that Havlat doesn't really fit in next to Joe Thornton, they are both playmakers. I like the idea of having soemone that can handle the puck on JT's wing (and a fast skater) but I don't see Havlat being the right guy there. In fact, Stalberg would probably be a better fit.
Fair enough, chemistry is always something to work out after a trade anyways. Whats most important is that Thornton would likely be able to get 60% O-zone draws and get back to his 80 something point self because Bolland is a reliable defensive guy. Moore and Handzus just couldn't be trusted last year.

Old
08-08-2012, 08:07 PM
ikeane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Because THAT is the problem with a Stalberg + 2nd for Pavelski proposal.
Wasn't a proposal. Just know most proposals involving the Hawks reference the 2013 2nd/3rd round pick that Chicago no longer has. Wasn't making a proposal at all. Read better next time / I said Stalberg +, never siad what the + was but would have to be the caliber of Leddy I would think

Old
08-08-2012, 08:08 PM
ikeane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice View Post
Those proposals start rolling in and I start shooting. Is that suppose to be a "value" proposal?
Wasnt a proposal at all

Old
08-08-2012, 08:21 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Wasn't a proposal. Just know most proposals involving the Hawks reference the 2013 2nd/3rd round pick that Chicago no longer has. Wasn't making a proposal at all. Read better next time / I said Stalberg +, never siad what the + was but would have to be the caliber of Leddy I would think
Maybe instead write better next time? How bout that?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote