Flex - WR Greg Little
D/ST - San Francisco
K - N/A

Bench:
QB - Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith
RB - Lamichael James
WR - Kendall Wright, Brian Quick
TE - Greg Olsen

Obviously I need RB help... My RBs, aside from Charles, are pretty pathetic (Though I think Rodgers will be good enough this season to be a #3 RB).

I got an offer of Peyton Manning, Brandon Lloyd, and Ryan Williams for Cam Newton.... I considered it, because I LOVE Lloyd this year, but I don't know about Manning's and Williams' health... both are big question marks, especially since Manning's ability to throw the deep ball may be gone completely.

Any ideas?

Timbo Slice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

vCash: 500
Deny

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Should I trade Smith for a lesser WR and a good #2 RB?

Old
08-08-2012, 01:52 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Wouldn't deal Newton.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Wouldn't deal Newton.
I was seriously considering it for about a week, but recently I've decided to keep him, unless an offer blows me out of the water.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:35 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
lloyd is gonna have an amazing year with brady, he can be a sleeper pick to some leagues

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:33 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Arian Foster

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
lloyd is gonna have an amazing year with brady, he can be a sleeper pick to some leagues
I wouldn't consider Lloyd a sleeper. He's ranked as a top 15 WR in most cheat sheets I've looked at thus far.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Arian Foster
Yeah maybe he can grab Foster off waivers or something

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Cu Culann

Looks like someone is going to have to step up in San Diego until Mathews gets back. Could be Jackie Battle, he played pretty well last year when JC went down.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I am not on the Cam Newton hype train this year.... sophmore slumps do happen, especially with such crappy overall teams like Carolina.

If I was you I would try and move Newton to land a RB as long as you can get a top 12 QB in return, which Peyton is...

Ryan Williams is a bigtime sleeper and I have drafted him in every league. criminally underrated due to his injury, but this kid will be the starter by mid year. Beanie is too brittle, and they drafted Williams super high for a reason.

The cherry on that deal is Lloyd who is going to have a monster year...Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez definitely make it harder for Lloyd to put up gigantic numbers, but Brady throws the ball around a ton, and there will be plenty to go around for Lloyd..

I would do the deal for you unless you think you can wait it out and land a rb off waivers after the first 2 weeks which will happen. someone is going to emerge or get hurt allowing you to snag them asap....

Getting Manning, Lloyd, and Williams for Newton might not look great now, but by week 6, I think you have just committed robbery...

I hate 14 team leagues....

Last edited by AmericanDream: 08-12-2012 at 10:22 PM.
AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 05:45 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I am not on the Cam Newton hype train this year.... sophmore slumps do happen, especially with such crappy overall teams like Carolina.

If I was you I would try and move Newton to land a RB as long as you can get a top 12 QB in return, which Peyton is...

Ryan Williams is a bigtime sleeper and I have drafted him in every league. criminally underrated due to his injury, but this kid will be the starter by mid year. Beanie is too brittle, and they drafted Williams super high for a reason.

The cherry on that deal is Lloyd who is going to have a monster year...Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez definitely make it harder for Lloyd to put up gigantic numbers, but Brady throws the ball around a ton, and there will be plenty to go around for Lloyd..

I would do the deal for you unless you think you can wait it out and land a rb off waivers after the first 2 weeks which will happen. someone is going to emerge or get hurt allowing you to snag them asap....

Getting Manning, Lloyd, and Williams for Newton might not look great now, but by week 6, I think you have just committed robbery...

I hate 14 team leagues....
Agreed.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:01 PM
vendetta

vCash: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I'm in a 14 team, PPR league. My team looks like this:

QB - Cam Newton
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Jacquizz Rodgers
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Dez Bryant
TE - Coby Fleener
Flex - WR Greg Little
D/ST - San Francisco
K - N/A

Bench:
QB - Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith
RB - Lamichael James
WR - Kendall Wright, Brian Quick
TE - Greg Olsen

Obviously I need RB help... My RBs, aside from Charles, are pretty pathetic (Though I think Rodgers will be good enough this season to be a #3 RB).

I got an offer of Peyton Manning, Brandon Lloyd, and Ryan Williams for Cam Newton.... I considered it, because I LOVE Lloyd this year, but I don't know about Manning's and Williams' health... both are big question marks, especially since Manning's ability to throw the deep ball may be gone completely.

Any ideas?
i would make that trade in a second... also your team seems very week... i wouldnt carry 3qbs i know its a 14 teamer but i just did one today and my team seems much stronger... u should make that trade for sure to help your depth... just my opinion though

vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Definitely deny that trade.And as for the team, what players did you reach on?Like someone said, no offense intended but that team seems extremely weak even for a 14 teamer.I'm guessing Newton,Charles,Dez and Steve Smith were your top 4 picks, who did you pick in the 5,6 and 7th??

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:11 PM
vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Definitely deny that trade.And as for the team, what players did you reach on?Like someone said, no offense intended but that team seems extremely weak even for a 14 teamer.I'm guessing Newton,Charles,Dez and Steve Smith were your top 4 picks, who did you pick in the 5,6 and 7th??
ya the one i did today i got jonathan stewart deangelo williams in the 7th and 8th rounds gresham in the 9th devery henderson in the 12th and amendola 13th maybe the guys were just brutal or maybe im just that brutal to think these guys r good

Old
08-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Personally I have Newton on my team as well (hence the avatar), in fact he was one of my keepers. BUT, I would do that trade in a second. As much as I like Cam, he's not scoring double digit rushing touchdowns again this year. Especially not with Mike "Vulture" Tolbert hanging around. Plus they never picked up a bonafide #2 receiver in the offseason for him to throw to. I think Peyton will finish with about the same, if not more points than Cam this year.

The addition of LLoyd rounds out your receivers nicely, giving you 3 elite pass catchers, which is rare for a 14 team league (My league is also 14 teams).

As far as Ryan Williams is concerned, we could possibly see him become a #1 RB as soon as this year, but there's no guarantees. For now Beanie is still the man, but if you had to pick a starting RB who you thought would lose his job by the end of the season, you couldn't go wrong with Beanie Wells.

So to summarize the trade, you're improving your team, but not necessarily you're RB position. Well actually I guess that's not true. I would still take Williams straight up over Rodgers

And just to add something, personally I would start Greg Olsen over Fleener, at least to start the season, then take it from there. With no Shockey around to steal catches, and like I mentioned before, no bonafide #2 receiver in Carolina, Olsen could have a very productive year. I like Fleener, but a rookie QB throwing to a rookie TE scares me a bit.

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:00 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
I would do that trade for Cam. Peyton has looked good in the preseason, Lloyd will have a big year and Williams is better than Rodgers.

ShadowDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Well it wasn't a snake draft, it was auction. Also, I missed the first three rounds because of a family issue that came up a few minutes before the draft started. By the time I got to the draft, every top RB except Charles was gone, for the most part - same with QBs, and several WRs.

Basically I got royally screwed. I did what I could with what I had...

My updated team, after a few trades and moves, looks like this:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Greg Olsen
Flex: Kendall Wright
D/ST: Plug and play (Vikings right now)
K: Who cares?

Bench: Greg Little, Sidney Rice, JacQuizz Rodgers, Russell Wilson

Old
09-02-2012, 01:35 PM
vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Well it wasn't a snake draft, it was auction. Also, I missed the first three rounds because of a family issue that came up a few minutes before the draft started. By the time I got to the draft, every top RB except Charles was gone, for the most part - same with QBs, and several WRs.

Basically I got royally screwed. I did what I could with what I had...

My updated team, after a few trades and moves, looks like this:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Greg Olsen
Flex: Kendall Wright
D/ST: Plug and play (Vikings right now)
K: Who cares?

Bench: Greg Little, Sidney Rice, JacQuizz Rodgers, Russell Wilson
that team looks much bedtter

Old
09-04-2012, 09:03 AM
markrander87

If in fact that trade was real, and you didn't pull the trigger on it you shall be banned from fantasy football for life.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote