HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Seguin's next contract...

Old
08-09-2012, 10:37 AM
BBB24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
He's also played more playoff games than Kessel
Seguin also has one more Stanley Cup than Kessel,

BBB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

vCash: 50
5yrs @ 26.25

Cap hit: 5.25

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
How much do Pevvy and Kelly get on the open market? Do a little research and re-think your statement.
This, Remember if the shell of a player that is the Olli Jokinen gets 4.5, its not a stretch to Imagine either Kelly or Peverley getting 4Mil per. For 3m would you rather have Sergei Kostitsyn or Kelly? SK=17g,26a +8 vs CK=20g,19a +33?

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Petro Points

By current standards and assuming cap rises to 70M+ .. 6M x 6yr would be about right for Seguin.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Trap Jesus

Depending on the new CBA, I'd be surprised if it's not over $6 million a year.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
How much do Pevvy and Kelly get on the open market? Do a little research and re-think your statement.
Kelly was deff overpaid. 2Mish would have been a more appropriate contract. He is a grinder type forward with little offensive out put. I know he had a strong season last year. Kelly has never topped 40 points. He has defensive talent which puts him at 2.25-2.5M with his limited offensive ability.

Considering the season Pevs had I think he is slightly overpaid, but he is only a 3rd line player. He had extra ice time with the injury to Horton.

Pevs high in pts is 55 and that was playing with Kovalchuk. He is a 40-45 point player in the role he is in. 2.75M would have been an accurate re-sign.

See contracts to Mason Raymond, Steve Ott, etc similar contracts.

Would Peverley got more on the open market, possibly. But guys go for more than their market value in UFA a lot. Look at Ville Leino.

08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
SaskOil*
u mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I hope Montreal offer sheets him then. It's a win-win for Montreal.
Boston fans would be talking about how much better Hall is if they couldn't match.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Murray View Post
Seguin will probably catch a very similar contract to Skinner. Skinner had a much better rookie campaign than Seguin. If Skinner isn't hurt last season the two probably finish with very similar point production totals.

I don't think it is going too be much less or more.
Agreed, I expect a deal very similar to Skinner's.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:43 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Kelly was deff overpaid. 2Mish would have been a more appropriate contract. He is a grinder type forward with little offensive out put. I know he had a strong season last year. Kelly has never topped 40 points. He has defensive talent which puts him at 2.25-2.5M with his limited offensive ability.

Considering the season Pevs had I think he is slightly overpaid, but he is only a 3rd line player. He had extra ice time with the injury to Horton.

Pevs high in pts is 55 and that was playing with Kovalchuk. He is a 40-45 point player in the role he is in. 2.75M would have been an accurate re-sign.

See contracts to Mason Raymond, Steve Ott, etc similar contracts.

Would Peverley got more on the open market, possibly. But guys go for more than their market value in UFA a lot. Look at Ville Leino.
Peverley does produce more than Ott, though and Raymond was RFA.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Homegrown Kings
that other 70s line

Agreed with other posters who think Skinner set the mark for Seguin's deal.

Could see him getting $6 million+ if the cap goes up. Which wouldn't be an over payment. Seguin looks like he'll develop into an incredible player.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:52 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Yeah unless he regresses, I think it's around 6-6.5 for as many years as CBA allows, basically (they are talking to limiting it to five, eh?).

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:15 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
He gave Chris Kelly 3M and Peverley 3.25M. Those are 3rd liners, so he will overpay his guys.
Both players do a lot of things that don't show up in the box score that help the team win. Also, if Peverley was healthy the entire year, he probably would have had 60+ points.

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:18 PM
MattFromFranklin

As for his next contract, I'm thinking 6 Years, $33 Million ($5.5 Million/Year). Look for Chiarelli to lock him up with an extension early in the season, something he's done numerous times the last few seasons (Peverley, Krejci, Savard, and even Chara and Bergeron-although they were signed just hours before the first game of the 2010-2011 season).

Old
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
This, Remember if the shell of a player that is the Olli Jokinen gets 4.5, its not a stretch to Imagine either Kelly or Peverley getting 4Mil per. For 3m would you rather have Sergei Kostitsyn or Kelly? SK=17g,26a +8 vs CK=20g,19a +33?
Well if Jokinen with 61 points last year is worth 4.5 on the open market; does that not make Skinners 5.75 with 44 points last year a little excessive?

Seguin should be no problem to re-sign for south of 6 million(and that would be fair)

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Fire Julien

Quote:
He gave Chris Kelly 3M and Peverley 3.25M. Those are 3rd liners, so he will overpay his guys.
Chiarelli only overpays plugs and bottom-pairing types.

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Well if Jokinen with 61 points last year is worth 4.5 on the open market; does that not make Skinners 5.75 with 44 points last year a little excessive?

Seguin should be no problem to re-sign for south of 6 million(and that would be fair)
Jokinen got 61 playing with iggy, I could get 40 playing alongside him. Skinner is being paid on potential growth which is fair.

Old
08-09-2012, 04:33 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Horton UFA, Lucic, Marchand, Ference UFA, Rask and Seguin are all up next summer. Only a concern if one or two of those guys want a significant raise. Cheers.
Horton likely could get a moderate raise. Lucic should easily get 5M+, Ference is easily 3.5-4.5M, Rask should earn $5M+ if he plays anywhere near how he did a few years back, and Seguin should get Skinner money. There'll definitely be some cap squeeze from all those contracts coming up together.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
Horton likely could get a moderate raise. Lucic should easily get 5M+, Ference is easily 3.5-4.5M, Rask should earn $5M+ if he plays anywhere near how he did a few years back, and Seguin should get Skinner money. There'll definitely be some cap squeeze from all those contracts coming up together.
Ference should get nowhere close to that. I would cap him at 2 tops. Also while Lucic will probably get a raise I like him around 4.5.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:04 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
I think Horton will be the odd man out. It's unfortunate, because the guy has come up clutch in big games and he's a fan favorite here. But, at the end of the day, with the concussions he's had the last 2 seasons, it would be quite a risk to give him a multi-year contract at good money.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Ference is easily 3.5-4.5M
No chance. I see him at $3 million at the max if the cap is still this high.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 05:37 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Kostitsyn... That said, I definitely would rather Peverley and don't think he's overpaid at all

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
As for his next contract, I'm thinking 6 Years, $33 Million ($5.5 Million/Year). Look for Chiarelli to lock him up with an extension early in the season, something he's done numerous times the last few seasons (Peverley, Krejci, Savard, and even Chara and Bergeron-although they were signed just hours before the first game of the 2010-2011 season).
That would be a hell of a deal for Boston to lock him up at that cap hit. I'd expect $5.75-$6+ million TBH.

08-09-2012, 09:10 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That would be a hell of a deal for Boston to lock him up at that cap hit. I'd expect $5.75-$6+ million TBH.
Totally agree. Seguin could very well take a little less for the sake of the team, something that Chiarelli has gotten other potential UFA's and RFA's to do in the past. Most recently, David Krejci. In the press conference, Chiarelli said that Krejci really wanted to stay in Boston and he took a little less to remain here, when they signed the extension in his hotel room.

One would think they'd use not only Skinner's extension, but the one John Tavares signed as well, as comparables if there happen to be some pauses in the negotiations.

Should be a very interesting year for RFA's. Seguin, Marchand, Rask, Lucic, Eberle, Hall, and Fowler are all up after this season (hopefully there is one), just to name a few.