HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Two players that I would love to get on this team would be Kane in Benn as some have discussed here before. To add some size to our top 6 what about something like
EDM
Benn
Fistric

DAL
Eberle

EDM
Kane

WIN
Yak

This adds some major size to our top 6 and we still have some skilled players, and with having bigger wingers Gagner and RNH would be fine as our top two centreman

Hall; RNH; Kane
Benn; Gagner; Hemsky

Thoughts on that or do you think someone would have to add to get two deals done like this.
If this happened, Oiler fans would do this:

then this:

Then finish it off with this:

Old
08-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Ebs + Yaks = Benn + Crazyface

In what alternate mind-farking universe?

edit: OH I missed the Kane. hahaha
Winnipeg won't do it.

Old
08-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Two players that I would love to get on this team would be Kane in Benn as some have discussed here before. To add some size to our top 6 what about something like
EDM
Benn
Fistric

DAL
Eberle

EDM
Kane

WIN
Yak

This adds some major size to our top 6 and we still have some skilled players, and with having bigger wingers Gagner and RNH would be fine as our top two centreman

Hall; RNH; Kane
Benn; Gagner; Hemsky

Thoughts on that or do you think someone would have to add to get two deals done like this.
Umm....

No thanks.

Old
08-14-2012, 06:48 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Trading away Eberle simply won't happen. It's pitchforks and torches time if any of RNH/HALL/EBERLE are traded away. Won't happen... no way, no how.

As to the salary cap problems people (mostly opposing fanbases) are making up... I'm so unworried by these hypotheticals that I want another top pick like MacKinnon or Jones. If they accumulate too much talent... simply jettison the "least" valuable of them 3 years down the road for a great basket of assets. It's a good problem to have.

Old
08-14-2012, 07:40 PM
shogun99

Quote:
EDM
Benn
Fistric

DAL
Eberle

EDM
Kane

WIN
Yak

Hall; RNH; Kane
Benn; Gagner; Hemsky

This proposal makes me want to punch a baby in the face.

Old
08-14-2012, 08:33 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
This proposal makes me want to punch a baby in the face.
I got your back bro.

Old
08-14-2012, 08:34 PM
YoSoGordo

So in NHL 13 gm connected I'm trading omark for Tyson Barrie! Why can't we do that in real life?

Old
08-14-2012, 10:02 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
If I have to pick between Ennis and Gagner then it is Gagner. Gagner is 35lbs heavier and gets more points.
might want to check your facts. Ennis has a higher PPG. And actually showed improvement from his rookie season last year.

Gagner being heavier only makes him slower than Ennis. In a game of one on one I bet Ennis schools the slower Gagner.

Old
08-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Philly85
Moody'

I don't understand this mob mentality that is pervasive around here when it comes to the big three and potentially trading one of them. Obviously the team is not going to trade one of them right now, but it could happen in the future and would make sense if it's a hockey trade that adds balance to the roster without gutting the team of heart, chemistry, scoring etc.

All three, and potentially all four, if we are including Yakupov seem to be high character guys with good leadership instincts.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading one of them at all if things continue to go the way they're going... Can't have all this offense, no defense... all this scoring and skill, no size and grit, all these skilled wingers and no big/physical centre etc. I'm not saying I'm in favourite of doing it now as it remains to be seen how good this group can be together, how far they can go... but realistically I dont see them keeping all four for 6, even 5 years if it becomes evident different pieces are needed. Fact remains the roster is heavily unbalanced.

Just sayin....

Old
08-15-2012, 03:02 AM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
The roster sucks hence 3 basement finishes... never mind imbalanced. These "big 4" are still babies in terms of NHL experience. We don't want to trade any of them away because they ARE the future of this team. They are the rewards for "tanking" (intentional or not) year after year.

Why would anyone realistically trade away home grown talent that's being developed to have a bond and chemistry together??? You don't think there is something special being formed there between RNH/Hall/Eberle (and hopefully Schultz and Yak as well).

This young core has the potential to be a dominating group as they grow and develop together. It's a situation that's more than just a sum of the parts. They aren't just asset a+b+c that can be swapped and traded away... not if you want to build loyalty and something special within this organization. There will hopefully be a two-way respect between management and the core players... the loyalty and that "boys on the bus 2.0" environment is going to be cultivated (hopefully) and you can't just go trading and selling assets like pieces of meat if you want something special to develop in Edmonton.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic and sappy but I truly believe you don't break up this core no matter what... you build around it and add pieces but you don't break up that core which is going to be the heart and soul of this franchise for years to come... and if you trade 1 or more of those for players who have developed elsewhere and who have no innate loyalty to the Oilers franchise... you risk blowing the chemistry and bonds that are building within the org.

Old
08-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Bergeron47

For all those suggesting trading RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov, when making your ridiculous proposals, please include the approximate date Tambellini is fired and who replaces him.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:19 AM
backhandsauce

Rozsival is still out there, He would solidify our top 6.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:31 AM
AJGass4

You do not trade away any of Hall, Eberle, Nuge or Yak or Smid or Schultze for that matter. They are non starters in my opinion. Heck, throw Petry in there as well.

We've sucked for too long to trade away any of the guys that we obtained because of suckage.

Give these guys a chance to grow into something special.

Old
08-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Oilerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
The roster sucks hence 3 basement finishes... never mind imbalanced. These "big 4" are still babies in terms of NHL experience. We don't want to trade any of them away because they ARE the future of this team. They are the rewards for "tanking" (intentional or not) year after year.

Why would anyone realistically trade away home grown talent that's being developed to have a bond and chemistry together??? You don't think there is something special being formed there between RNH/Hall/Eberle (and hopefully Schultz and Yak as well).

This young core has the potential to be a dominating group as they grow and develop together. It's a situation that's more than just a sum of the parts. They aren't just asset a+b+c that can be swapped and traded away... not if you want to build loyalty and something special within this organization. There will hopefully be a two-way respect between management and the core players... the loyalty and that "boys on the bus 2.0" environment is going to be cultivated (hopefully) and you can't just go trading and selling assets like pieces of meat if you want something special to develop in Edmonton.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic and sappy but I truly believe you don't break up this core no matter what... you build around it and add pieces but you don't break up that core which is going to be the heart and soul of this franchise for years to come... and if you trade 1 or more of those for players who have developed elsewhere and who have no innate loyalty to the Oilers franchise... you risk blowing the chemistry and bonds that are building within the org.
A little optimistic and a little sappy, yes, but dead on bro.

Old
08-15-2012, 12:29 PM
backhandsauce

Also noticed Eric Fehr is still a UFA. I wonder what happened to him. Seems like yesterday he was on the upswing as being a big power forward. Could he be a reclaimation project?

Old
08-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Gus Schmidt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerz View Post
A little optimistic and a little sappy, yes, but dead on bro.
I have no problem with optimistic and sappy. We're fans for crissakes!

Old
08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post

Testify!

Old
08-15-2012, 01:05 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

What would you guys be willing to give up for Yandle?

Old
08-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Ozolinsh_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Also noticed Eric Fehr is still a UFA. I wonder what happened to him. Seems like yesterday he was on the upswing as being a big power forward. Could he be a reclaimation project?
Bad shoulders! He's had problems with both since 2009 I believe and still hadn't recovered well enough to play consistently since. He hasn't cracked 70 games since 05-06.

This is from 2009: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap...eric-fehr.html

Old
08-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
For me I would probaly take RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Petry, J.Schultz, Klefbom and Smid off the table. If a deal can be made from there ok. If not then so be it.

To be honest, the Oilers are not in a great position to trade for higher end players. Phoenix would probably want established NHL forwards for Yandle so that pretty much means Gagner and Hemsky with all the issues they bring to the table. .

Old
08-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
hmmmmm....Omark?

Old
08-15-2012, 02:36 PM
shogun99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozolinsh_27 View Post
Bad shoulders! He's had problems with both since 2009 I believe and still hadn't recovered well enough to play consistently since. He hasn't cracked 70 games since 05-06.

This is from 2009: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap...eric-fehr.html
70 games!!! That's 2 seasons of Hemsky. Sign him up

Old
08-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Hmmm....

Something around Hemsky and Gagner for Yandle could work, but we'd need a stopgap C in the meantime, such as Jason Arnott.

I have trouble with trading Gagner this season, but I can see him going next summer, especially if we draft Lazar or Monahan or a C in general.

Old
08-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
The Swede trio of Paajarvi + Lander + Omark

overpayment ? yes ... worth it ? yes

Old
08-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Two players that I would love to get on this team would be Kane in Benn as some have discussed here before. To add some size to our top 6 what about something
I would do Yakupov for Benn + Fistric but not Ebs. Add in a Peckham if needed. We would be set down the middle with RNH + Benn. Wingers are easier to acquire and we have plenty in the system.
Reider\Pitlick\Paajarvi etc

Kane I assume is Evander .. no real need for him.

Closed Thread