HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

curiosity about line combo opinions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2012, 09:56 PM
  #1
roids99999
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
curiosity about line combo opinions

i've heard a lot of speculation about new possible line combos but one thing that keeps coming up which i personally hate is breaking up genos line. this year it was destructive all season they need to keep malkin, neal, and kunitz together

i personally want to see
Kunitz, Malkin, Neal
Dupuis, Crosby, Kennedy
Cooke, Sutter, Jeffery
Adams, Vitale, Glass

Letang, Depres
Orpik, Niskanen
Engelland, Lovejoy

Theres a lot of cirticism about different lines on the d but the pens desperately need to trade paul martin for a stay at home blueliner to cover orpik when he decides to hit someone. People also hate that i have TK on the second line which in my own mind he and cooke could alternate because they both played exceptionally well with sid.

roids99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 09:58 PM
  #2
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roids99999 View Post
i've heard a lot of speculation about new possible line combos but one thing that keeps coming up which i personally hate is breaking up genos line. this year it was destructive all season they need to keep malkin, neal, and kunitz together

i personally want to see
Kunitz, Malkin, Neal
Dupuis, Crosby, Kennedy
Cooke, Sutter, Jeffery
Adams, Vitale, Glass

Letang, Depres
Orpik, Niskanen
Engelland, Lovejoy

Theres a lot of cirticism about different lines on the d but the pens desperately need to trade paul martin for a stay at home blueliner to cover orpik when he decides to hit someone. People also hate that i have TK on the second line which in my own mind he and cooke could alternate because they both played exceptionally well with sid.
you don't think Tangradi even makes the top 12? And no, we don't need to trade Martin. He's our 3rd best d-man (arguably 2nd) and the number 4 has a lot to prove before I'll even call it close.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:00 PM
  #3
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,122
vCash: 500
Kennedy with Crosby...Martin traded in favor of Lovejoy. I gonna be sick...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:14 PM
  #4
roids99999
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Kennedy with Crosby...Martin traded in favor of Lovejoy. I gonna be sick...
i know it makes a lot of my friends mad but tk is honestly the reason i like the pens granted geno pulled me in for the superstar but i like tks playing style. i will admit he only seems to put 1 out of every 10 shots on net but hes still fast enough to keep up with sid and hes a solid winger. last season with malkin and crosby out he put up a lot of numbers and stepped up when the team needed him. and with martin i hated his play it seemed really sloppy at the beginning of the season and i think he takes up way more cap space than hes worth. i wanted to keep michalek over him.

roids99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:14 PM
  #5
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
I wish Craig Adams retired this season, he's a useless player. It was embarrassing last season seeing Eric Tangradi and Dustin Jeffery being scratched because of this guy.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:16 PM
  #6
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma
 
Beauner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO

1) You don't give Crosby **** for wingers. He signed for basically the rest of his career, you don't play him with third liners. I'd also like to point out the one game where TK had Sid wide open coming down the slot and he chest sniped the goalie. Crosby was not amused. Forget the game but it happened.

2) Tangradi makes the top 12, for at least a month or two.

3) Trading Martin makes our defense even worse than it does with him. Trading him for nothing is insane, and trading him in favor of Lovejoy is borderline retarded.

That being said, this is what I'd do:

Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Martin-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Strait/Bort-Engelland

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:16 PM
  #7
roids99999
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
I wished Craig Adams retired this season, he's a useless player. It was embarrassing last season seeing Eric Tangradi and Dustin Jeffery being scratched because of this guy.
adams is only here for the PK if he wasnt any good at that he can disappear and be forgoten but i thought he did well enough hes worth having for a defensive forward

roids99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:21 PM
  #8
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate
 
Mo Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palm Isle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roids99999 View Post
i've heard a lot of speculation about new possible line combos but one thing that keeps coming up which i personally hate is breaking up genos line. this year it was destructive all season they need to keep malkin, neal, and kunitz together

i personally want to see
Kunitz, Malkin, Neal
Dupuis, Crosby, Kennedy
Cooke, Sutter, Jeffery
Adams, Vitale, Glass

Letang, Depres
Orpik, Niskanen
Engelland, Lovejoy

Theres a lot of cirticism about different lines on the d but the pens desperately need to trade paul martin for a stay at home blueliner to cover orpik when he decides to hit someone. People also hate that i have TK on the second line which in my own mind he and cooke could alternate because they both played exceptionally well with sid.




Lovejoy will not be in there and Despres will not be paired with Letang. I think Tangradi, if he performs well in camp, will be slated with Geno and Neal. Kuni, Duper and Sid makes up the other top line. Cooke, Sutter, Kennedy on the third and Glass, Vitale, Adams.

Mo Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:21 PM
  #9
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roids99999 View Post
adams is only here for the PK if he wasnt any good at that he can disappear and be forgoten but i thought he did well enough hes worth having for a defensive forward
Tanner Glass can kill penalties, our PK should be Vitale-Cooke and Sutter-Glass screw Craig Adams.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:24 PM
  #10
Ziggyjoe21
Registered User
 
Ziggyjoe21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pitt
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,268
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
One of Tangradi, Bennett, or TK will end up on top 2 lines. There's no one else to fill that scoring role unless Shero signs a FA. Hopefully Doan. At this point, almost any established top 6 winger is better than Tangradi/Bennett/TK.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:24 PM
  #11
roids99999
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO

1) You don't give Crosby **** for wingers. He signed for basically the rest of his career, you don't play him with third liners.

2) Tangradi makes the top 12.

3) Trading Martin makes our defense even worse than it does with him. Trading him for nothing is insane, and trading him in favor of Lovejoy is borderline retarded.

That being said, this is what I'd do:

Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Martin-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Strait/Bort-Engelland
why does everyone hate tk so much? you gave sid dupuis as well but cant split up malkin neal and kunitz. i can see rotating in tangradi into that group where he cooke and kennedy can all basically be interchangable. i missed a fair amount of games this season and didnt see tangradi play all that much which is why i left him out but i have to disagree with the d pairings i think depres did much better than strait and bortuzzo. i havent heard much lately but i want to see valabik progress into the league not saying hes ready yet if he can make it.

roids99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:27 PM
  #12
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roids99999 View Post
why does everyone hate tk so much? you gave sid dupuis as well but cant split up malkin neal and kunitz. i can see rotating in tangradi into that group where he cooke and kennedy can all basically be interchangable. i missed a fair amount of games this season and didnt see tangradi play all that much which is why i left him out but i have to disagree with the d pairings i think depres did much better than strait and bortuzzo. i havent heard much lately but i want to see valabik progress into the league not saying hes ready yet if he can make it.
Valabik is gone Shero isn't going to resign him, besides he didn't play that much in the AHL last year he was injured through out the season.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:30 PM
  #13
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma
 
Beauner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roids99999 View Post
why does everyone hate tk so much? you gave sid dupuis as well but cant split up malkin neal and kunitz. i can see rotating in tangradi into that group where he cooke and kennedy can all basically be interchangable. i missed a fair amount of games this season and didnt see tangradi play all that much which is why i left him out but i have to disagree with the d pairings i think depres did much better than strait and bortuzzo. i havent heard much lately but i want to see valabik progress into the league not saying hes ready yet if he can make it.
I don't hate TK, he's just not a top 6 player. On top of that, he's the LAST player on the team you play with Crosby. They couldn't be any more different in terms of style.

Strait and Bortuzzo have to clear waivers, Despres doesn't. That's why he's not on the team.

Boris Valabik is organizational depth at this point. He is a bust and holds no value. I actually don't even know if he's still with the team.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:44 PM
  #14
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate
 
Mo Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palm Isle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
I don't hate TK, he's just not a top 6 player. On top of that, he's the LAST player on the team you play with Crosby. They couldn't be any more different in terms of style.

Strait and Bortuzzo have to clear waivers, Despres doesn't. That's why he's not on the team.

Boris Valabik is organizational depth at this point. He is a bust and holds no value. I actually don't even know if he's still with the team.
Winner.. Winner!

Look I loved TK on a line with Gronk and Cookie. But he has tunnel vision, BAD. He is the biggest chest sniper on the team. He still has value to the team, but not paired with Sid or Geno.

Mo Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:53 PM
  #15
Blitzburgh87*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
Can you IMAGINE us talking about the points Sid could have had if Kennedy DIDN'T shoot everything into the goalies chest and if Kennedy knew passing was legal? "Kennedy skates hard around the net with a wide open Crosby infront of the net,Kennedy shoots! Save made"
In all honesty
kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Martin-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Despres-Engelland

Fleury
Vokoun

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
  #16
bambamcam4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Winner.. Winner!

Look I loved TK on a line with Gronk and Cookie. But he has tunnel vision, BAD. He is the biggest chest sniper on the team. He still has value to the team, but not paired with Sid or Geno.
Yep. Kennedy has above average offense for a third liner but his game isn't really affected by his linemates. He is going to to the same thing by skating hard down the right boards and flinging the puck at the net from usually a bad angle. This is OK with less gifted linemates who struggle to create offense on their own because his shots can lead to rebound opportunities. However, doing this while playing with Crosby or Malkin doesn't allow them to touch the puck and wastes higher-quality scoring opportunities.

bambamcam4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
  #17
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Tanner Glass can kill penalties, our PK should be Vitale-Cooke and Sutter-Glass screw Craig Adams.
didn't even include Dupuis. which is just further proof that we really don't need Adams.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:02 PM
  #18
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist
 
TravisUlrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,810
vCash: 500
You gotta go back to Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis for 2 reasons:
  1. You can't give Malkin our best and 2nd best winger and just leave Sid with the scraps.
  2. Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis is arguably better than Kunitz-Malkin-Neal. And Kunitz has a bigger role on Sid's line. With Malkin & Neal he's basically the Dupuis on that line.

Put Malkin & Neal together and since Neal can play either wing, let's try TK, Tangradi, Jeffrey on that line.

Neal-Malkin-TK

or

Tangradi-Malkin-Neal

or

Jeffrey-Malkin-Neal

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:04 PM
  #19
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist
 
TravisUlrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Can you IMAGINE us talking about the points Sid could have had if Kennedy DIDN'T shoot everything into the goalies chest and if Kennedy knew passing was legal? "Kennedy skates hard around the net with a wide open Crosby infront of the net,Kennedy shoots! Save made"
Yeah, I remember those plays. Sid is crashing the crease and all TK has to do is put it in Sid's wheel house and he'll deflect it or grab it and make a quickshot/play but instead it's in the goalies glove.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:06 PM
  #20
Blitzburgh87*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
You gotta go back to Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis for 2 reasons:
  1. You can't give Malkin our best and 2nd best winger and just leave Sid with the scraps.
  2. Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis is arguably better than Kunitz-Malkin-Neal. And Kunitz has a bigger role on Sid's line. With Malkin & Neal he's basically the Dupuis on that line.

Put Malkin & Neal together and since Neal can play either wing, let's try TK, Tangradi, Jeffrey on that line.

Neal-Malkin-TK

or

Tangradi-Malkin-Neal

or

Jeffrey-Malkin-Neal
We aren't going to put Kennedy in the top 6. Tangradi Malkin Neal is probably the best option.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:07 PM
  #21
Blitzburgh87*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
Yeah, I remember those plays. Sid is crashing the crease and all TK has to do is put it in Sid's wheel house and he'll deflect it or grab it and make a quickshot/play but instead it's in the goalies glove.

Atleast Sid gave Kennedy some SICK setups when Kennedy actually realized it.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:33 PM
  #22
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,338
vCash: 500
People seem to forget how many plays Dupuis ****ed up during Sid's god mode stint. Difference between him and TK is that he's a better three zone player and doesn't need to shoot from everywhere to be effective.

Kunitz-Sid-XXX
XXX-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

Fill in with a trade and/or Tangradi.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:06 AM
  #23
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist
 
TravisUlrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
People seem to forget how many plays Dupuis ****ed up during Sid's god mode stint. Difference between him and TK is that he's a better three zone player and doesn't need to shoot from everywhere to be effective.
Yeah but I think there's a chance that Dupuis has taken a turn with his offensive production. At the end of last season, he kind of bounced around playing with Sid, Staal, and a little bit of Geno, and ended up with a 17-game point streak (highest of all last season).

If some Tangradi had done that we'd be all "Big Dog is going to score 30 goals and 65 points" but because it's Dupuis we don't give it a second thought. Last season Duper had 25 goals and 59 points. Crazy, I know.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 04:48 AM
  #24
cheebatree
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Altoona Pa
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
What line combos is our special teams going to have without Stall and Sullivan?

cheebatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 05:56 AM
  #25
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,313
vCash: 500
Kunitz - Crosby - Neal
Letang - Malkin

Kennedy - Sutter - Cooke
Niskanen - Martin or Despres.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.