HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Plekanec to Chicago

Old
08-09-2012, 11:41 AM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
You have to factor in that losing pleks means we will be giving up on the entire season. This inflates his value as we have no one who can step onto the 1st line yet. When Galchenyuk/Eller/DD is truly ready Pleks will be moved but before then it would take a very substantial offer.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Hawkaholic

I'd part with TT or McNeill in a package deal...rather keep Danault and Saad.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

I sure hope Plek retires a habs.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'd part with TT or McNeill in a package deal...rather keep Danault and Saad.
TT is a good start. Not sure what the + would be though. At a later date if habs are out of playoffs and looking for changes maybe TT+Kruger.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
TT is a good start. Not sure what the + would be though. At a later date if habs are out of playoffs and looking for changes maybe TT+Kruger.
TT + Kruger I would do at anytime.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:19 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
TT + Kruger I would do at anytime.
I think i'd get blasted for it from habs fans but if TT was indeed in timmins' top 5 picks and kruger is a young piece for depth I think the value is close. Maybe minor tweaking but I hardly expect habs to demand a major 3 piece package here. Maybe Kruger portion would be swapped for a winger. It all depends on how the habs handle their other wingers like gionta IF they are a bottom dweller again.

I'm sure there's a deal to be made for the two teams, and I don't think it's as extrodinary as people would like it to be(myself included). Perhaps i'm going too low with that 2 piece offer but that is likely his market value. His value to the habs? Well, that entirely depends on the direction of the habs. Trading Plekanec at any point is a commit to rebuild. So, if they aren't intent on rebuilding, they may need more convincing.

I am assuming Kruger has upside to be a legit top 9 forward with two-way skills of course. So, i'm hoping i'm not off there.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:20 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

I wouldn't trade for TT, until the next season (2013-2014) starts. Unless we're #30 at the deadline, then you can sell for futures.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I wouldn't trade for TT, until the next season (2013-2014) starts. Unless we're #30 at the deadline, then you can sell for futures.
Yah it really depends on how we're doing. If habs suck and chicago(or anyone else) is willing to sweeten the deal to a little past his market value then yah, I'd sell him quite easily. If we're competing for a playoff spot? It's going to take a fortune.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Teravainen is not being moved. Period.

HockeySensible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
DontToewzMeBro

To Montreal
Morin
Stalberg
Pirri
2nd

Plekanec

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:57 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Sad how unappreciated is Pleks even by habs fans.
It does make sense to trade him tho. We are no where near contending (if you believe so, we are done...), and Plekanec is good enough to actually return something. We won't go anywhere by trading D'Agostinis for terrible AHL players. If Brisebois's comments reflect the management's position, the Habs are prepared to wait until its bad contracts expire before making a splash. If you believe this, you have to think they will look to restock on prospects looking to break out in 2-3 years.

EDIT: Brisebois essentially said to watch out for the Habs in 2 years, once they get the chance to get rid of some contracts... Herro there Gomez, Kaberle, Gionta (not that bad...), Markov (not that bad...when he plays...so never).

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

I think he was specifically pointing Gomez out, but that's just because I like to troll Gomez on these forums.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
It does make sense to trade him tho. We are no where near contending (if you believe so, we are done...), and Plekanec is good enough to actually return something. We won't go anywhere by trading D'Agostinis for terrible AHL players. If Brisebois's comments reflect the management's position, the Habs are prepared to wait until its bad contracts expire before making a splash. If you believe this, you have to think they will look to restock on prospects looking to break out in 2-3 years.

EDIT: Brisebois essentially said to watch out for the Habs in 2 years, once they get the chance to get rid of some contracts... Herro there Gomez, Kaberle, Gionta (not that bad...), Markov (not that bad...when he plays...so never).
Patrice Brisebois isn't really part of management and likely said his opinion and we are a cap team with a high budget, these big contracts don't really harm us.

The thing is Plekanec can be a useful player for another 4 or 5 years. To put things in perspective ; Price is going to be 30 in 5 years. Gorges will be a old fart treated like Craig Rivet 2.0 by newer fans that are currently getting out of primary school. Five years is a long time. Plekanec is far from done, and trading him potentially sets us back a lot. The prospects would likely match Plekanec's level in 4 years, we can and will be competitive before that.

I'm hoping if we do trade Plekanec that we get major return otherwise its not worth it. I agree with my fellow Habs fans here and say we'd start with Teravainen since the Habs were very high on him at draft. Apparantly Bergevin spent the first round trying to trade down to get him. I can understand if Chicago fans don't want to, sometimes teams just don't make good trade partners.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Who says he's unappreciated by Habs fans. Gauthier traded 2/3 of his line away. Did Bergevin go after Jagr and/or AK, players that Pleks like playing for. No, he didn't.

It's management that needs to reach out to Pleks and by actually doing something positive, so he feels he's a wanted and needed part of the team. Until that happens most of you guys/gals are dreaming in Technicolour.
Lol... Management showed their appreciation by signing him to a $30 million contract two years ago. Nowhere in that contract was there any guarantee of line mates, or going out and signing players that he is friends with.

The funny thing is, Plekanec is a consumate professional and would be the first guy to stand up and say "My job is to go out there and play my hardest, whether its with top line talents for 25 minutes, or 4th line scrubs for 5 minutes."

As for trading him, he still has 4 years left on his contract and is a key player. If this season doesn't go well, I could see reason to trade him for a good return at the deadline, as it signifies that the Habs don't have the team to win in the next few years. If that were the case, I'd be glad to have a package of TT, another good prospect (Danault, McNeil, Saad), and a high pick (1st/2nd). Might seem like a lot, but that would be a worthy return.

If the team recovers from last year, as I expect it will, then we better not trade Plekanec away, especially not for futures.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:44 PM
theboss*

TT and Beach

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:58 PM
poetryinmotion

TT+ sounds okay from a value perspective but I'd rather get a proven piece for Plekanec.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
To Montreal
Morin
Stalberg
Pirri
2nd

Plekanec
Not a chance.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 04:37 PM

vCash: 50
To MTL:
Nicklas Jensen
Brendan Gaunce
Jordan Schroeder
Mason Raymond
Sauve/Polasek
2012 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

To VAN:
Plekanec
Cole

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
To MTL:
Nicklas Jensen
Brendan Gaunce
Jordan Schroeder
Mason Raymond
Sauve/Polasek
2012 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

To VAN:
Plekanec
Cole
Habs would do this but you'd be absolutely nuts to gut your future like that.

I assume the bolded is actually 2013 as 2012 draft has past.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Patty Roy

Habs will not be moving Plekanec for futures at this point.

Bergevin has to believe at this point that if his team can stay healthy, they can battle for a playoff spot. That for sure will be the teams goal at this point, not tanking out for another season.

IF, when the trade period comes around, the Habs are struggling and well out of the playoffs then i could see them considering these types of moves. But again it probably wouldnt happen unless they had confidence in Desharnais, Eller & Galchenyuk being able to get the job done in 2013-14.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 05:14 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Wow I've seen at least 5 ''Plekanec to Chicago'' threads this summer... just get it done already or please stop spamming the same threads .

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 05:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Wow I've seen at least 5 ''Plekanec to Chicago'' threads this summer... just get it done already or please stop spamming the same threads .
It's probably a thread that should resurface into the season. Plekanec's value and chances of leaving depend on habs success or lack of success. So...I agree, at this point this thread can be done 15 times but it only makes sense into the season.

Old
08-09-2012, 05:24 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
To MTL:
Nicklas Jensen
Brendan Gaunce
Jordan Schroeder
Mason Raymond
Sauve/Polasek
2012 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

To VAN:
Plekanec
Cole

one of the worst offers EVER on hfboards.

Jensen and the 1st rounder is nice. The rest is players who never panned out and Raymond is nothing special.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Eskimo44

Tervainen and Kruger

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 05:38 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
one of the worst offers EVER on hfboards.

Jensen and the 1st rounder is nice. The rest is players who never panned out and Raymond is nothing special.
Brendan Gaunce just got drafted.

I'd take it from habs POV if they are out of a playoff spot.

It's
2012 1st rounder=Gaunce
2011 1st rounder=Jensen
2009 1st rounder=Schroeder(not as valued but still only 21)
2013 1st rounder
2013 2nd rounder
2013 3rd rounder
Raymond
Near NHL ready D in Sauve OR Polasek

That's a big package if habs are out of a spot.