HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Plekanec to Chicago

Old
08-09-2012, 06:48 PM
RyanCallahan24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Brendan Gaunce just got drafted.

I'd take it from habs POV if they are out of a playoff spot.

It's
2012 1st rounder=Gaunce
2011 1st rounder=Jensen
2009 1st rounder=Schroeder(not as valued but still only 21)
2013 1st rounder
2013 2nd rounder
2013 3rd rounder
Raymond
Near NHL ready D in Sauve OR Polasek

That's a big package if habs are out of a spot.
I'd say no if I was Habs. I wouldn't trade both Plekanec and Cole. And if i traded Pleks I would look for a more blue collar prospect. Like Tervšinen (sp?)+

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 06:57 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Habs would do this but you'd be absolutely nuts to gut your future like that.

I assume the bolded is actually 2013 as 2012 draft has past.
If I'm the Canucks I'd do it and try to move Luongo and Ballard to make up for the prospects/picks lost. Also, I don't really care much about the future right now, Cancuks fans are kidding themselves if they think we won't need to rebuild when the Sedins retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
one of the worst offers EVER on hfboards.

Jensen and the 1st rounder is nice. The rest is players who never panned out and Raymond is nothing special.
Gaunce was a 2012 1st rounder, Jensen 2011 1st, Schroeder 2009 1st that is penciled in the lineup for this year, he's progressing fine.

Raymond at ES he scores at a 0.33PPG clip (and for the two seasons beofre the injury 0.45ES PPG and 0.43 ES PPG) and he PKs. (For reference, last year Derek Stepan was 0.43 ES PPG, Callahan 0.45ES PPG, Anisimov 0.39 ES PPG, Dubinsky 0.38 ES PPG).

The draft picks are what they are.

Quote:
I'd say no if I was Habs. I wouldn't trade both Plekanec and Cole. And if i traded Pleks I would look for a more blue collar prospect. Like Tervšinen (sp?)+
Do you know who Gaunce is? He was rated ahead of TT on a few list (admitedly TT was rated ahead of Gaunce more). Gaunce was the blue collar pick of the 1st round though. The guy plays hard and is descibed as a "power centre" and "two-way power forward" in a few scouting reports that can be found here: http://thehockeywriters.com/brendan-...ile-built-nhl/

Last edited by DJOpus: 08-09-2012 at 07:03 PM.
DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:00 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
TT is blue collar? He's an undersized playmaker. He was high on our head scout's draft list and habs would like him.

The reality is, it depends on how habs management feels about the prospects involved.

I'll put it this way, if habs DO suck and sell. Not only do they get a bunch of good prospects/picks here, they also will have 3 2nd rounders next year and their own(I presume to be low) 1st rounder(and the 1st from canucks). It's said to be a deep draft. Montreal would instantly have the best prospect pool in the entire league.

With guys like leblanc, palushaj, gallagher, beaulieu, tinordi, etc... already knocking on the door, the deal gives habs a plethora of high end youth(1st rounders). Adding guys like say galchenyuk and others gives habs the cap flexibility, the youth and assets to compete in the near future. Not all these guys will play, but trades can be made like LA did, having the chance to give up Schenn for Richards because of their depth and strong young core.

Right now? I'd be hesistant to do the deal because it's giving up but if habs suck...cole isn't getting any younger. The deal would be ridiculously beneficial to the habs future and that is essentially what you're looking for come trade deadline if you're selling.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:20 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Hjarlmasson
Stalberg
Pirri
2nd

Plekanec

Boom!

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:27 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Hjarlmasson
Stalberg
Pirri
2nd

Plekanec

Boom!
Still no interest.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Hawkaholic

A lot of Hawk fans think they can trade quantity for quality, and ***** that Bowman can't pull off deals of those kind.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:36 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Hjarlmasson
Stalberg
Pirri
2nd

Plekanec

Boom!
Go home. /wedding singere'd

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
hockeydoug

Maybe Bergevin goes for Stalberg, Bolland, a prospect to fill a gap, and a 1st, but I can't him even considering trading one of his top forwards for less than that unless a top line player was in the deal.

I can't imagine him even trading him anyway.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:57 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
A lot of Hawk fans think they can trade quantity for quality, and ***** that Bowman can't pull off deals of those kind.
You just described HFBoards Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:16 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
TT and Bickell?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:31 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
I think you mean blue chip prospect. Blue collar sounds like he's a hard working everyman kind of prospect. I'd be willing to call Danault a blue collar prospect.

As for that Nuck trade, you only do that if you really think Montreal has no chance in the immediate future, and IMO it was a down year with some major tanking at the end. They can make the playoffs this year, Ottawa and Florida were surprises, and by no means is Carolina a lock.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:39 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
When 2/3 of his line got traded last year with no one back in trade to replace them, the writings on the wall. Gomez will get Gionta and Bourque, Pleks will get the scrubs, wait and see.

I hope Pleks asks for a trade during training camp. He deserves a lot better.
Allow me to update your world. There's a brand new management in Montreal from the one that made those golden moves.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Drydenwasthebest

For Montreal to be truly interested in trading away Plekanec, it would most likely require:

Saad, 2013 1st, Jimmy Hayes

Montreal sends Plekanec and a 3rd

Trades need to address team weaknesses and needs. Habs need a LW prospect like Saad and could use a good banging young forward on the RW like Jimmy Hayes. The Hawks need a top 2nd line center. Both teams love and hate the trade because both teams give up very valuable pieces to get very valuable pieces.

I know this is not the "sexy" trade involving TT that some Habs fans want, but it is the trade we would need if we are dealing Plekanec at this point. I know Hawks fans will hate giving away Saad, but you need to give to get in this league(most times), especially with Gainey and Gauthier gone from our organization.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:44 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I think you mean blue chip prospect. Blue collar sounds like he's a hard working everyman kind of prospect. I'd be willing to call Danault a blue collar prospect.

As for that Nuck trade, you only do that if you really think Montreal has no chance in the immediate future, and IMO it was a down year with some major tanking at the end. They can make the playoffs this year, Ottawa and Florida were surprises, and by no means is Carolina a lock.
Pure speculation on my part, but I feel that the new management doesn't like the team. Bergevin admitted that he liked some elements, was ok with others, and not so much with some. This isn't his team. He overhauled the management team entirely (hired 12+), and he hinted towards a slow rebuild. Go take a look at our cap structure on capgeek, and you will see that a complete overhaul of the team is possible, or downright expected, in 2 years. Until then, it is likely that some desirable regulars get moved for youth. Plekanec is a likely candidate in my opinion. He probably wants to move, as the team keeps on giving him awful linemates.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Chacal667

the hawks drafted TT 18th, I'm not sure that a young and small player like him who havent proove anything yet have enough value for plekanec

but like they say, it's suppose that Bergevin was high on him, maybe timmins too.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
McNeil you say? Yea, sure!
Plekanec would give you the best top 6 in hockey. You gotta pay for quality. I don't think McNeil and another piece is unreasonable at all.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:53 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
When 2/3 of his line got traded last year with no one back in trade to replace them, the writings on the wall. Gomez will get Gionta and Bourque, Pleks will get the scrubs, wait and see.

I hope Pleks asks for a trade during training camp. He deserves a lot better.
If you thing Gomez is higher on the depth chart then Pleky, you're beyond delusional

The Habs got guys like Prust and Armstrong to free up Pleky from his PK minutes so he can concentrate on being a 70 point player.

DD, Pleky and Eller are our three top centers this year....GOMER is is Hamilton.

wait and see.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:56 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Hjarlmasson
Stalberg
Pirri
2nd

Plekanec

Boom!
You definately have my attention ...

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
you clearly underestimate plekanec like a lot of fan who don't really understand hockey

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:25 AM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Patrice Brisebois isn't really part of management and likely said his opinion and we are a cap team with a high budget, these big contracts don't really harm us.

The thing is Plekanec can be a useful player for another 4 or 5 years. To put things in perspective ; Price is going to be 30 in 5 years. Gorges will be a old fart treated like Craig Rivet 2.0 by newer fans that are currently getting out of primary school. Five years is a long time. Plekanec is far from done, and trading him potentially sets us back a lot. The prospects would likely match Plekanec's level in 4 years, we can and will be competitive before that.

I'm hoping if we do trade Plekanec that we get major return otherwise its not worth it. I agree with my fellow Habs fans here and say we'd start with Teravainen since the Habs were very high on him at draft. Apparantly Bergevin spent the first round trying to trade down to get him. I can understand if Chicago fans don't want to, sometimes teams just don't make good trade partners.
and in 4/5 years where exactly do you expect Desharnais,Galchenyuk and Eller to be ? i can deff see pleks getting moved if not by this deadline then the year after

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Really? Who becomes our centers?

1-DD
2-Eller
3-Gomez

That would be another 15th place finish in the East, if that's Bergevin's intention, then yes he should make the deal

Eller is a great young player, but isn't ready for that role just yet and Gomez well I don't even want to talk about him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Really? Who becomes our centers?

1-DD
2-Eller
3-Gomez

That would be another 15th place finish in the East, if that's Bergevin's intention, then yes he should make the deal

Eller is a great young player, but isn't ready for that role just yet and Gomez well I don't even want to talk about him
where is Leblanc

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Habs don't have anyone ready to step into Plekanec's shoes... yet.

End of conversation.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Habs don't have anyone ready to step into Plekanec's shoes... yet.

End of conversation.
This.

IF Desharnais can prove that last year was no fluke....and IF Eller can take things to the next level and prove he can be a 40-50 point producer, then maybe the Habs consider moving Plekanec at the deadline or next season. But at this point he's not going anywhere, baring a massive overpayment.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
To MTL:
Nicklas Jensen
Brendan Gaunce
Jordan Schroeder
Mason Raymond
Sauve/Polasek
2012 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

To VAN:
Plekanec
Cole
Did you mix up Plekanec with Pacioretty? Because I would never ever do that trade.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote