HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Plekanec to Chicago

Old
08-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Montreal would be interested in Sharp for Plekanec.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:38 AM
DJOpus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Did you mix up Plekanec with Pacioretty? Because I would never ever do that trade.
I'd take either.

Sedin - Sedin - Cole
Booth - Plekanec - Kassian/Higgins
Burrows - Kesler - Hansen
Malholtra - Lappiere - Higgins/Volpatti

Is very solid...30 and 40 goal scores on or checking line.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:39 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
From a Chicago perspective if there's a solid prospect added with Plekanec I'd do this.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
If you thing Gomez is higher on the depth chart then Pleky, you're beyond delusional

The Habs got guys like Prust and Armstrong to free up Pleky from his PK minutes so he can concentrate on being a 70 point player.

DD, Pleky and Eller are our three top centers this year....GOMER is is Hamilton.

wait and see.
If, and I mean if, MB was planning to send Gomez to Hamilton don't you think he would of spent the summer shopping him, trying to find a home for him in the NHL? If you look at the last 4 former big name guys to go down to the minors (Souray, Avery, Redden and Huet) everyone in the NHL knew they were available for quite a while before they got sent down.

Teams simply don't do what you think is going to happen to Gomez without trying very hard to keep him in the NHL. He may end up on re-entry waivers somewhere else but the Habs aren't going to post a list of training camp cuts with Gomez's name on the list.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:44 PM
DJOpus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
From a Chicago perspective if there's a solid prospect added with Plekanec I'd do this.
kind of the opposite of what the Habs are trying to do isn't it?

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Mahleezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
The only thing we would add to a Pleky for Sharp trade is possibly either our latest
2nd round pick or our 3rd round pick, no more.

Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:31 AM
AmeriHab

What would it take to get TT, Saad, and 2013 1st?

Pleks for all 3 is dreaming I know. But also would we want to trade for so many guys that are not proven for our best all around center.

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:24 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post

Pleks for all 3 is dreaming I know. But also would we want to trade for so many guys that are not proven for our best all around center.
Above anything other posters are going to say: A trade deadline & a tanking season.

Edit: + the Hawks believing in their chances to win a cup.

Last edited by vokiel: 08-12-2012 at 01:29 PM.
vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahleezer View Post
The only thing we would add to a Pleky for Sharp trade is possibly either our latest
2nd round pick or our 3rd round pick, no more.
I know Sharp is a regular winger but can he play center ?

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I know Sharp is a regular winger but can he play center ?
He was our #2 C when we won the cup, so yes. But he doesn't like to do it.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:20 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:

Way more than we'd be willing to give up, if TT can put it together in the NHL he's going to be amazing. Peculiar package btw.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:25 PM
EagleBelfour

Quote:

As a Habs fan, I completely understand that without Plekanec, we are looking dreadful at the centre position, with Desharnais and hopefully one of Eller/Gomez filling up our Top-6 (wishful thinking), but it would be hard to turn down a Brendan Saad & Teuro Teravainen for Tomas Plekanec proposal, especially that it's widely known that the Montreal Canadiens organization were very high on Teravainen (probably had him on their Top-5)

EDIT: adding the 1st round pick in 2013 would be too much to ask IMO.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:26 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
As a Habs fan, I completely understand that without Plekanec, we are looking dreadful at the centre position, with Desharnais and hopefully one of Eller/Gomez filling up our Top-6 (wishful thinking), but it would be hard to turn down a Brendan Saad & Teuro Teravainen for Tomas Plekanec proposal, especially that it's widely known that the Montreal Canadiens organization were very high on Teravainen (probably had him on their Top-5)
Yeah, I would trade Plekanec for Saad and TT in the blink of an eye, right now, 1st not even needed.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Drydenwasthebest

I would be willing to tradePlekanec for a quality return. I have heard a couple of such options mentionned in this thread that catch my eye.

Plekanec for Saad and TT.

I know we are getting prospects and giving up our best center, but I firmly believe we could do fine with Eller playing with Gionta and Saad. Gionta would provide the veteran leadership and goal scoring, while Eller provides some size down the middle, and Saad brings a nice combination of size and skill on the opposite wing. In that scenario, we can either go and sign a 3rd line center, use Gomez, or give Galchenyuk sheltered minutes the way the Bruins did with Seguin. This also allows us to let TT stay in the minors for at least a year to properly develop.

Plekanec + Thrower/Nash/Weber (depends upon the type of D-Man prospect Chicago wants) for Sharp.

In this scenario, we get a proven goal scoring threat for the wing to play with Eller and Gionta. This gives Eller two veteran goal scoring wingers to help with his offensive development. We do the same thing with the 3rd line center situation as above.

I would be willing to entertain either deal, with minor teaks as deemed necessary to hammer one of them out.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:07 PM
AmeriHab

Id prefer the plek for TT and Saad, but I'm not sure if it's enough of a return for again, our best all around forward. To get there first as well, what of we added one of our 2nds or a 3rd?

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Hugo Sham

for all those hab fans wanting to trade plek, you can forget about the playoffs AT all. Bergevin is going to find him a winger not trade him. there's no such thing as a rebuild in montreal. last year's unplanned disaster was our 'rebuild'. he's not on the block unless somehow there's a deal on the table for another solid two-way center to insulate desharnais' from all the soft minutes he gets - especially on the road, where his midget-ness is exposed

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Teravainen is not being moved. Period.
for Plekanec? A good (not elite) prospect for one of the very best 2nd line Cs in the league? The hole that we are the 2nd most deseprate for after goalie? Come on. Pleks is gonna give us a good 5 years of fine service.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
for all those hab fans wanting to trade plek, you can forget about the playoffs AT all. Bergevin is going to find him a winger not trade him. there's no such thing as a rebuild in montreal. last year's unplanned disaster was our 'rebuild'. he's not on the block unless somehow there's a deal on the table for another solid two-way center to insulate desharnais' from all the soft minutes he gets - especially on the road, where his midget-ness is exposed
Exactly - all aboard the Shinkaruk Express.

We'd have to dump a lot more than Plekanec to be in the running for a Top 3 pick, c'est la vie. A consolation prize will have to do.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Chacal667

what about a trade around plekanec and kane, i know the habs would have to add some piece but do you think it could work ?

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
They really wouldn't, trading a similarly aged, similar impact center for winger doesn't really help Montreal, it just moves problems around the lineup.

I think for a Plekanec trade to make sense it needs to be a good enough return of youth to be worth giving up on the next two seasons (which is what happens if Montreal gives him up). So TT and Saad is the kind of deal that would make sense, adding pieces with good enough potential that its worth giving up on the veterans and building a winner around Pacioretty, Subban and Galchenyuk.

If they do that though, its also time to sell off Cole and Gionta because they won't be any good by the time Montreal is ready to compete again.

Last edited by Talks to Goalposts: 08-12-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:46 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

You're crazy if you think Chicago would part with one of TT or Saad for Plekanec, nevermind both.

Teravainen and Saad are not on the table. Sorry. And, considering this thread was brought back to life by, undoubtedly, "***************" - to that, I say: Lawl. Thank you.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
what about a trade around plekanec and kane, i know the habs would have to add some piece but do you think it could work ?
No.

Would a trade around Stalberg for Pacioretty work?

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:50 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
No.

Hope you are kidding.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
You're crazy if you think Chicago would part with one of TT or Saad for Plekanec, nevermind both.

Teravainen and Saad are not on the table. Sorry. And, considering this thread was brought back to life by, undoubtedly, "***************" - to that, I say: Lawl. Thank you.
I suppose that's fine. I'm surprised both are off the table. I certainly understand only 1 being available but both? Surprising but nonetheless, it's fine. I'd find it very difficult to make a deal if Hayes, Saad, TT and others are all off the table. Something based on 2013 1st+ but that + has big limitations.

Either way, that's fine, but average prospects won't entice montreal. Assuming you did want a 2nd line Center.

Quote:
No.

Not comparable but I agree that the idea wasn't a good one.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:26 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I'd move TT and Kayes for Plekanec in a nano-second.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote