HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calvin de Haan to Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2012, 11:21 PM
  #1
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Calvin de Haan to Ottawa

Ottawa has 3 young D that will be key pieces for the next few years.

Karlsson, Cowen and Ceci.

I would like to see Ottawa get another young LH D with top 4 potential.

Cowen/Karlsson
de Haan/Ceci

What would NYI like for him?

*side note, Ottawa does not have their 2nd rounder for 2013 draft if you are looking to make it player X +

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:26 PM
  #2
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Ottawa has 3 young D that will be key pieces for the next few years.

Karlsson, Cowen and Ceci.

I would like to see Ottawa get another young LH D with top 4 potential.

Cowen/Karlsson
de Haan/Ceci

What would NYI like for him?

*side note, Ottawa does not have their 2nd rounder for 2013 draft if you are looking to make it player X +
I'm sure thats fine for Islander fans because they would be looking for a 1st+. The kids only 21 years old

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
  #3
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
Ew, do not want

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:28 PM
  #4
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I'm sure thats fine for Islander fans because they would be looking for a 1st+. The kids only 21 years old
Maybe you missed the part after what you bolded. I did not say he was only worth a 2nd. I said we do not have the second if you are looking to add on, like Player X + We do not have that particular +

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:30 PM
  #5
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,965
vCash: 500
Not really interested in trading him. His value is pretty low with the injuries the last couple of seasons but the Islanders management and fans have high hopes for him.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:33 PM
  #6
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Methot.

glasses91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:34 PM
  #7
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
To Ottawaa Haan

To Islanders:Matt Pumple,Filatov

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:35 PM
  #8
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post
Methot.
Done no takes backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Ottawaa Haan

To Islanders:Matt Pumple,Filatov
No. No. God No. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:42 PM
  #9
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Ottawaa Haan

To Islanders:Matt Pumple,Filatov
I would do that, but I don't think Filatov is coming back to NA.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:43 PM
  #10
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,412
vCash: 500
Don't see why NYI would trade him when his value is low, and I don't see why Ottawa would want him. As mentioned you have 3 young dmen to build around, so go sign a couple of free agents and you'll be set.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:45 PM
  #11
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Done no takes backs



No. No. God No. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Methot is going to surprise you.

Rank Matt Puempel in our forward prospect list.

Then rank our top 5 D prospects.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:45 PM
  #12
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
Random note. I have this term called the "de Haan" principle that can be used at the draft. It's when you trade up for a guy you could have traded down for.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:46 PM
  #13
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,227
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Ottawa has 3 young D that will be key pieces for the next few years.

Karlsson, Cowen and Ceci.

I would like to see Ottawa get another young LH D with top 4 potential.

Cowen/Karlsson
de Haan/Ceci

What would NYI like for him?

*side note, Ottawa does not have their 2nd rounder for 2013 draft if you are looking to make it player X +

Not looking or a 2nd rounder or even a mid-late first, for 21 yrold De Haan.

With 34/35 yr old Streit scheduled to become a ufa next July, I can't see why the isles in a youth movement, would look to move 21 yr old De Haan.

They are hoping that either De Haan or Donovan can step in and have an immediate impact like MacDonald and Hamonic.

http://www.puckprospectus.com/articl...articleid=1352
The Good: De Haan started off the year with some struggles adjusting to the pro level, but by the end of the season he regularly looked like Bridgeport's best defenseman. He has high-end hockey sense on offense and defense and really stands out with his poise and reads on and off the puck. De Haan is a very effective outlet passer who moves the puck around fine on the power play, and a player scout said this year that he "got a lot of third assists." De Haan shows the ability to excel as a tough minutes shutdown defenseman who can also put up a fair amount of points.

The Bad: De Haan has improved his physical play, showing better output in his one-on-one battles, but still needs more strength. I once saw De Haan as a potential good power play guy, but it looks like I may have overstated his offensive skills as he looked average offensively in the AHL. He injured his shoulder twice as well.

Projection: He could be a good second-pairing defenseman.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
  #14
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Don't see why NYI would trade him when his value is low, and I don't see why Ottawa would want him. As mentioned you have 3 young dmen to build around, so go sign a couple of free agents and you'll be set.
Because we are rebuilding and I would rather develop a young core then over pay for a UFA.

His value isn't that low. Ottawa has a large amount of forward prospects capable of filling any role. Could be mutually beneficial.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:53 PM
  #15
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Yea Filatovs a throw

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:56 PM
  #16
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,227
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I'm sure thats fine for Islander fans because they would be looking for a 1st+. The kids only 21 years old
That Sens first will be a mid-late first.

No thanks.

De haan was a rookie in the AHL this season, named to the all-star team.
No interest in waiting 2-4 yrs, for that Sens first rounder to contribute.
CDH will challenge for a NYI roster spot in training camp.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:58 PM
  #17
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,227
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Because we are rebuilding and I would rather develop a young core then over pay for a UFA.

His value isn't that low. Ottawa has a large amount of forward prospects capable of filling any role. Could be mutually beneficial.
Nino, Strome, Kabanov, Cizikas, Brock Nelson, Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Petrov..yeah the isles also have a large group of forward prospects capable of filling any role.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 11:59 PM
  #18
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Methot is going to surprise you.

Rank Matt Puempel in our forward prospect list.

Then rank our top 5 D prospects.
Methot will meet my extremely low expectations

Cowen and Karlsson aren't prospects so that's not fair. There are no young forwards on the team that compare to them.

Karlsson
Cowen
Ceci
Wiercioch
de Hann/Borowiecki

Since there are twice as many forwards as D on an NHL team, theoretically #5 D = #10 forward.

Zibanejad
Silfverberg
Stone
Noesen
Prince/Puempel
Prince/Puempel

Puempel is just as valuable to the Sens as de Haan would be.


Also, hypothetically, just because you have 10 top 6 forward prospects and 0 top 4 D prospects, doesn't mean you should trade one of those forward prospects for a 3rd pair D prospect. Point is, Puempel > de Haan and the Sens shouldn't settle for anything other than an equivalent.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:07 AM
  #19
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Methot will meet my extremely low expectations

Cowen and Karlsson aren't prospects so that's not fair. There are no young forwards on the team that compare to them.
It is far for me to do so. Karlsson and Cowen are established NHL players. My point was we are lacking in D prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Ceci
Wiercioch
de Hann/Borowiecki

Since there are twice as many forwards as D on an NHL team, theoretically #5 D = #10 forward.
Now that we have adjusted your list... Look at that. de Haan is at #3 which according to you means hes a 6 on a forwards prospect list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Zibanejad
Silfverberg
Stone
Noesen
Prince/Puempel
Prince/Puempel
Hey they match up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post

Puempel is just as valuable to the Sens as de Haan would be.


Also, hypothetically, just because you have 10 top 6 forward prospects and 0 top 4 D prospects, doesn't mean you should trade one of those forward prospects for a 3rd pair D prospect. Point is, Puempel > de Haan and the Sens shouldn't settle for anything other than an equivalent.

I am getting REALLY tired of you going into everyones threads and ranking their D at "3rd pairing" Get over yourself.

I was going to add something not nice, but I don't need a warning.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:13 AM
  #20
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
It is far for me to do so. Karlsson and Cowen are established NHL players. My point was we are lacking in D prospects.
My point was, Karlsson and Cowen will anchor the top pair for 10 years and play 25 min a game. The need for D prospects is extremely low.

On the other hand, the Sens only have 3 legit top 6 forwards, Alfie, Mike and Spezz. All of which aren't exactly young and all of which could be considered injury prone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Now that we have adjusted your list... Look at that. de Haan is at #3 which according to you means hes a 6 on a forwards prospect list.

Hey they match up now.
So hypothetically without considering Karlsson and Cowen, they matchup and are equivalent on the depth chart (not necessarily in value or skill). Why should the Sens make this trade again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I am getting REALLY tired of you going into everyones threads and ranking their D at "3rd pairing" Get over yourself.

I was going to add something not nice, but I don't need a warning.
de Hann is the only one i've done this with so you're wrong

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:18 AM
  #21
dan1el
Registered User
 
dan1el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 500
Would the Isles be interested in Shane Prince?

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:26 AM
  #22
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
My point was, Karlsson and Cowen will anchor the top pair for 10 years and play 25 min a game. The need for D prospects is extremely low.
Well considering they would be playing those 25 at the same time, and there is 60 minutes in a game, 2nd pairing needs to pick up 20 minutes and third 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post

On the other hand, the Sens only have 3 legit top 6 forwards, Alfie, Mike and Spezz. All of which aren't exactly young and all of which could be considered injury prone.
Spezza 29, Michalek 27, both will be around for awhile. Yes Alfy is retiring soon, but we still have

Turris, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Stone, Nuesson, Prince, Petersson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post

So hypothetically without considering Karlsson and Cowen, they matchup and are equivalent on the depth chart (not necessarily in value or skill). Why should the Sens make this trade again?
Because it would be ever so lovely to have a LHD with top 4 potential. I feel de Haan offers this. I do not feel Weircioch or Boro have that potential.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
de Hann is the only one i've done this with so you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
He's a little better than Carkner. Carkner is good defensively, only gets exposed sometimes because of skating. (seemed worse this year because of bad knee)

Murray is UFA in one year, arguably overpaid, and the fact he is in the SJ top 4 is part of the problem for the Sharks.

No way in hell is one year of an overpaid 3rd pair D worth Colin Greening.
This was 2 days ago. Do I need to pull up more posts?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:28 AM
  #23
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
I meant Methot as include him with that trio of D in the first post.

glasses91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:30 AM
  #24
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Gunner for Pumps?

glasses91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 12:32 AM
  #25
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 50
HF ranks de Haan anywhere from a 3/4 guy to a 7th. So calling him a 3rd pairing guy isn't just starting a flame war. Not that HF is perfect but they tend to be a little unbiased but of course prone to mistakes

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.