HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
08-09-2012, 01:20 AM
tomcat24

vCash: 500
O'Reilly is one of my favorite Non-Hawks. He would be perfect on the Hawks centering his good buddy Sharp. Having Toews-O'Reiiy-Bolland as our 1-3 centers is hard to beat. I was thinking about. A deal centered around Kane for O'Reilly would be interesting. With other pieces involved. I really like Downie, as well. But those 2 are close to untouchable to Avs fans

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Edgeworth*

MacArthur and Bozak.

Last edited by Fel 96: 08-09-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Avs fans are overprotective because they don't want to see O'Reilly go unless there's some crazy overpayment? I guess 21 year old's who're 50+ points centers, lead the league in takeaways, are fantastic defensively while being leaders on the team from the 1st time they've steped on the NHL ice grow on trees.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Freaky Styley

O'Reilly, or any of our C's for that matter, would only be dealt (in a package, depending on the players involved) for a top line winger or top pairing defenseman to play with EJ. We already have enough decent forwards and defensemen and need quality not quantity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat24 View Post
O'Reilly is one of my favorite Non-Hawks. He would be perfect on the Hawks centering his good buddy Sharp. Having Toews-O'Reiiy-Bolland as our 1-3 centers is hard to beat. I was thinking about. A deal centered around Kane for O'Reilly would be interesting. With other pieces involved. I really like Downie, as well. But those 2 are close to untouchable to Avs fans
O'Reilly is one of my favorite players, but even then it would hard to say no in a deal for Kane.. I think most Avs fans would take this, although it would give Chicago far too many intangibles for one team to handle.

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
I hope this won't turn into a crapfest, I know Avs fans are crazy protective over Ryan O'Reilly.

I'm not delusional, and I know players have signed way later(Doughty) and for the record Avs fans have no reason to trade ROR but let's say contract negotiations aren't working out and he wants out, what is his value?

Plz no Crosby-type value, the guy is good but come on.

From the Leafs i'd offer:

1st round pick 2013
Cody Franson
Tim Connolly
Clarke MacArthur

Since you guys have Staz and Duchene, Connolly is a serviceable 3C. Franson is a good young d-man can play top4. Hear you guys need help on LW and Mac is a dependable, heart on his sleeve type player that is good for 20goals-20assists at least, preferably 2nd line. 1st rounder speaks for itself.

Thoughts, changes, adjustments?

I come in peace, leave your snarky LOLZ LEAF FANZ UR NOT GETTING HIM comments out the door
So you say you don't want a crap fest, but you offer a crappy D, a cap dump, a first, and a top 9 winger we don't need for probably our most valued C??? C'mon man, you just started what you said you did not want to start.

For O'Reilly it would take a ton. He's 21, just had 50+ points, is great defensively...why would we trade him for anything short of crazy overpayment?? We need either a top line sniper, or a top pairing LH D. Unless were getting one of those, your not getting him. Especially not for the pile of stuff we don't you just offered.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 01:39 AM
tomcat24

Exactly. With guys like Toews, Hossa, O'Reilly, Bolland, and young guys like Shaw and Ben Smith up front, this team would be loaded with the kind of guys you win Cups with. I don't see a straight 1-for-1 swap of Kane and O'Rreilly, though. I'm sure Hawk fans wouldn't like that.

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:06 AM
Colorado Avalanche

If we ever traded Duchene/Stastny/O'Reilly I think It would be for #2 defenseman to play with Johnson on top-pairing. That's our biggest need at the moment. We don't need #4 defenseman or third line center for now.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 02:28 AM
i2strange97

Quote:
I hope this won't turn into a crapfest, I know Avs fans are crazy protective over Ryan O'Reilly.

I'm not delusional, and I know players have signed way later(Doughty) and for the record Avs fans have no reason to trade ROR but let's say contract negotiations aren't working out and he wants out, what is his value?

1st round pick 2013
Cody Franson
Tim Connolly
Clarke MacArthur

Since you guys have Staz and Duchene, Connolly is a serviceable 3C. Franson is a good young d-man can play top4. Hear you guys need help on LW and Mac is a dependable, heart on his sleeve type player that is good for 20goals-20assists at least, preferably 2nd line. 1st rounder speaks for itself.

I come in peace, leave your snarky LOLZ LEAF FANZ UR NOT GETTING HIM comments out the door
Not against trading him, for the right value, but I agree with others that he doesn't fit a need for the Leafs. Stastny makes the most sense (play making 1st line center, not defense first 2/3 line center), so maybe just pony up for him (a really real offer, not THE Bozak and a 2nd).

i2strange97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 03:02 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
If we ever traded Duchene/Stastny/O'Reilly I think It would be for #2 defenseman to play with Johnson on top-pairing. That's our biggest need at the moment. We don't need #4 defenseman or third line center for now.
As an impartial fan I could see the following trade being beneficial to both Florida and Colorado:

Kulikov + Shore + Pick for Duchene + Barrie

Neither team is likely eager to give up on its true blue chipped prospect, though.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 03:06 AM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
As an impartial fan I could see the following trade being beneficial to both Florida and Colorado:

Neither team is likely eager to give up on its true blue chipped prospect, though.
I love it. I would try my hardest to keep Barrie but I still really like that deal.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:

No, we are not gonna trade any Avalanche player to Florida, because they all seem to do so well there. (We would lose every trade)

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 03:22 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Not that it's bad value but Duchene pretty much became the most untouchable of the three once he took a multi-year discount. I think at the very least they wouldn't trade him until the deadline next season.

Don't really know anything about Shore though. Duchene & Herberdeau (Have no idea if I spelled that right.) would be a pretty mean one two punch down the middle that's for sure.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
PeterForsberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
MacArthur and Bozak.
You're kidding right?

PeterForsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:12 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Would fans of the Avalanche consider Jake Gardiner + Clarke MacArthur for Matt Duchene + mid-round pick?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
PeterForsberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Would fans of the Avalanche consider Jake Gardiner + Clarke MacArthur for Matt Duchene + mid-round pick?
No. He will stay a avalanche.

PeterForsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Duchene for Phaneuf? He is a lower end #1, but would be well served as a #2.

No need for snarky LOL PHANNY PACK PHANEUF IS A CAP DUMP, TERRIBLE.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post

Phanuef isn't worth Duchene, especially not after signing a cheap contract. Stastny would be more realistic.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Ceremony
I'm the Daddy

vCash: 125
Not happening, sorry.

(ps O'Reilly is not better than Stastny or Duchene)

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 10:53 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:

1st round pick 2013
Cody Franson
Tim Connolly
Clarke MacArthur

The value of the players you listed is much higher to the Leafs than it is to the Avalanche.

The 1st round pick is valuable but the Av's aren't looking to rebuild.

Franson isn't enough of an upgrade over Hunwick, O'Byrne, Wilson, Zanon, O'Brien, or Hejda to have any significance to Colorado. Especailly when you consider that Elliott, Barrie and Gaunce are looking to crack the NHL roster

Connolly isn't good enough to beat out Stastny or Duchene for the top 2 centre rolls, and his skill set isn't idle for a third line center. Not an attractive option for Colorado

MacArthur may not be able to hold a significant spot in the line up to have any value to Colorado. He would have to compete with Landeskog, Jones, Parenteau, Downie, Hejduk, and McGinn. Perhaps McArthur may win out over McGinn, although, personally I think McGinn would win. It would be a waste to have either of those guys on the 4th line.

So, while to you Toronto is losing "a 1st rounder, a top 4 dman, 2nd line winger, and a 3rd line center". To Colorado they are only really gaining a 1st rounder for a team not trying to restart a rebuild, a defenseman would would likely be a healthy scratch anywhere from 4-40 games, a 3rd or 4th line winger, and a 3rd line center whose skill set doesn't make him an effective bottom six player. Not to mention Colorado gives up the best player in this deal, and takes on a lot of salary in return.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:05 AM
arsmaster

Teams that are rebuilding don't generally move their best young players barring an overpayment or a huge upgrade somewhere else to the roster.

Adding 4 depth pieces is not something I'd consider a huge upgrade.

Colorado would be better served to keep O'Reilly and Duchene and move Stastny. The team as it is, doesn't look ready to compete for a playoff spot, but there's quite a spattering of young pieces they can build around.

Makes no sense to acquire another 5/6 d-man, 2/3 tweener, and injured overpaid camp dump and a 1st. There just isn't enough 'value'...only quantity.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Dark Knight
Lawson Crouse

The Leafs need to surround Kessel and Lupul with a C who has a two-way mentality and guys like Ryan O'Reilly and Travis Zajac fit the bill perfectly.

The Leafs do not necessarily need a top scoring C to put with Kessel. They need someone who can play the defensive side, but also chip in on offense.

08-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Teams that are rebuilding don't generally move their best young players barring an overpayment or a huge upgrade somewhere else to the roster.

Adding 4 depth pieces is not something I'd consider a huge upgrade.

Colorado would be better served to keep O'Reilly and Duchene and move Stastny. The team as it is, doesn't look ready to compete for a playoff spot, but there's quite a spattering of young pieces they can build around.

Makes no sense to acquire another 5/6 d-man, 2/3 tweener, and injured overpaid camp dump and a 1st. There just isn't enough 'value'...only quantity.
They competed for a playoff spot last year until the two last games of the season, with Duchene playing like crap and missing almost half the season and without PAP who was added to play with Duchene.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:39 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
They competed for a playoff spot last year until the two last games of the season, with Duchene playing like crap and missing almost half the season and without PAP who was added to play with Duchene.
I think Colorado will settle into a playoff spot pretty comfortably next season.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:43 AM
PAZ

Even if RoR wanted out, there would be plenty of teams offering for him and would get more than this.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Connor McJesus
Praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post

Imagine if Duchene was a Leaf and they got offered **** like that

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote