HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Will the Blue Jackets improve or decline after Rick Nash?

View Poll Results: Will the Blue Jackets improve or decline after Rick Nash?
Rick Nash was the solution. 2 10.53%
Rick Nash was the problem. 17 89.47%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Robert
BOB

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Will the Blue Jackets improve or decline after Rick Nash?

Simple question and unique, was Rick Nash the solution or the problem with the Blue Jackets and why?

Last edited by Robert: 08-09-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old
08-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Add a poll, Robert.

My vote is IMPROVE. I view short term improvement as finishing with more points than last year. I'll accept finishing higher than 30th as an improvement last year.

Long term improvement involves winning playoff a playoff series or two. Considering this was never done with Nash, they will inevitably improve in this regard without him.

When you're at rock bottom, the only place to go is up.

However, I'm actually more interested in the CBJ post Steve Mason. Or the CBJ post crappy Steve Mason. Whichever one comes first.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:42 PM
bizzz

What could be worse than last year?

Old
08-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Robert
BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Add a poll, Robert.

My vote is IMPROVE. I view short term improvement as finishing with more points than last year. I'll accept finishing higher than 30th as an improvement last year.

Long term improvement involves winning playoff a playoff series or two. Considering this was never done with Nash, they will inevitably improve in this regard without him.

When you're at rock bottom, the only place to go is up.

However, I'm actually more interested in the CBJ post Steve Mason. Or the CBJ post crappy Steve Mason. Whichever one comes first.
I'm not a poll type poster but I did it... there are many factors that will impact our future but Rick Nash is my intent here. Don't get me wrong, I like Nash and think he's a great player but it's his mix with the struggling Blue Jackets that is the topic. Has he helped or hindered our team over the long run?..

As for the poll, it's between the eyes, no middle ground by intent.. choose based on your personal majority of factors.., if you don't vote you are a coward..

Last edited by Robert: 08-09-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old
08-09-2012, 10:58 PM
candyman82

The poll options don't match the question

Old
08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Robert
BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
The poll options don't match the question
Agreed, I think I fixed what I could... if so thank you...

Last edited by Robert: 08-09-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old
08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Its pretty impossible for us to be worse

Old
08-09-2012, 11:30 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

We know we suck WITH Rick Nash. If Nash is the player we all thought he was, we should REALLY suck this year. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
thrillhouse99

I would say about the same. I would expect Columbus to be a lottery picking team again.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Crede777
Deputized

No one player will be a solution or problem to a team's woes, especially a winger.

I will say neither.

Old
08-10-2012, 05:32 AM
EspenK

Have to improve-there is no place to go on the downside. For the short term I expect them to be no better than the Jackets of old, probably drafting in the top 8 for a couple of years. Longer term if the D plays and develops like expected, the goalie situation is stabilized and some high powered offense is obtained I think the future can be ok.

Old
08-10-2012, 05:43 AM
smitty10

I think the team will be improved with Bobrovsky in net and more depth at the forward position in Anisimov, Dubinsky and Foligno and adding Aucoin and Erixon on the back end improve the depth when injuries arise. Losing Nash is losing a guaranteed 30 goals and his ability to control a game, which could really hurt. However, I think Jack Johnson will be similar to Phaneuf when he came to Toronto from Calgary and he'll step up his leadership and improve his defensive game so that he can eat up big minutes.

Columbus is in slightly better shape right now than last year. They won't compete for a playoff spot this year, but with (assuming) a new young captain in JJ and a group of improving young players the future is looking brighter.

Old
08-10-2012, 06:08 AM
BluejacketNut

Howson, was, and still is the problem.

Old
08-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Skraut

Number of places that can be finished worse than the 2011-12 season: 0
Number of places that can be finished better than the 2011-12 season: 29

Since stay the same was not an option, odds favor improve.

Old
08-10-2012, 07:18 AM
EDM

Decline? You mean finish 31st? I don't think so.

Old
08-10-2012, 07:25 AM
blahblah

I will not respond to the poor phrasing of the poll. Regardless if we improve or regress, Nash was neither "The problem" nor "The solution". This is a team game.

I would have answered "Will we improve?", but what was posted? Hell no. Why did someone deter from the actual question in the title?

Old
08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 305
The CBJ finished in 30th place last season. It's quite possible that they will improve. But just because they improve doesnt mean Nash was the problem. The poll is entirely too simplistic. It could just be there were numerous other issues - The Wiz suspension, Carter's attitude, Arniel's coaching, injuries to Radek, Juice, GMSH's failure to provide NHL skilled depth, etc.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:10 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I will not respond to the poor phrasing of the poll. Regardless if we improve or regress, Nash was neither "The problem" nor "The solution". This is a team game.

I would have answered "Will we improve?", but what was posted? Hell no. Why did someone deter from the actual question in the title?
Agree, Robet this poll and question are a mess.

08-10-2012, 08:21 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Agree, Robet this poll and question are a mess.
We had poor results this past decade: did Nash fix it by himself, hell no. Is he the total cause of the problem, Emphatically no.

We needed a guy with Nash's skill, but a Roenick/ Getzlaf personality - that holds the entire organ i zation accountable, starting with ownership/mgmt.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Nordique

I vote C.

Rick was not the "problem", but the team will improve with this new direction and added depth.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

I don't like the wording of the poll options, personally. I definitely don't think Nash was either the problem or the solution ... I think he's an exceptional player that just isn't cut out for being able to carry a team on his own. If we had a better supporting cast (ie - one more skilled player), he would have been dominant for a lot of years here.

I think the team is in better shape now than it was in April, for sure. We have a ton of depth on defense, some intriguing forwards, and maybe that's enough to get us into the top-10 in the West. If not, I think we at least have something to build upon after this year.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I don't like the wording of the poll options, personally. I definitely don't think Nash was either the problem or the solution ... I think he's an exceptional player that just isn't cut out for being able to carry a team on his own. If we had a better supporting cast (ie - one more skilled player), he would have been dominant for a lot of years here.

I think the team is in better shape now than it was in April, for sure. We have a ton of depth on defense, some intriguing forwards, and maybe that's enough to get us into the top-10 in the West. If not, I think we at least have something to build upon after this year.
Yes, I vote this.

Old
08-10-2012, 09:21 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post

Yeah...the poll asks one thing, then the first post seems to ask another.

Robert, why not give it another try and be more clear. Either you want to know if the CBJ will improve post-Nash or you want to know if Nash was one of, or "the" reason for the problems. The questions seem mutually exclusive to me.

I'm going to close this one in the hopes that one with more clarity will follow...

Closed Thread