HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bartek

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Barney Stinson76

vCash: 500
Bartek

Is he still a Predator?
Someone give me some information about him?

THX LP66

Old
01-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...3?pid=00035724

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/hi...raft.html#1998

according to the Preds official site he's no longer with the Preds organization

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 01-17-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Old
01-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Barney Stinson76

Why was he released?
He puts up impressive numbers in Slovakia!

Old
01-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePenguin66
Why was he released?
He puts up impressive numbers in Slovakia!
probably because Radulov, Upshall, Segal, Tootoo are ahead of him in the prospect depth chart

Old
01-17-2005, 10:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

If I recall, he played over here for a while...in Milwaukee and then Toledo(ECHL) and was largely disappointing in both. Some of these guys can tear it up overseas, but just can't play the physical North American game. Jonas Andersson and Konstantin Panov come to mind as well.

Old
01-17-2005, 11:07 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Andersson's problem may have stemmed from having no hockey sense whatsoever. Sure, he was hardly physical, but the guy had no clue on the ice. He was so damned talented though. The most impressive goal I have ever witnessed first hand came when he was in Cincinnati around 2-3 years ago. He was on the penalty kill and his line was changing. He carried the puck in instead of dumping it. He deked one forward and destroyed both defenseman individually before undressing Bryz. I remember sitting there in the Gardens with my jaw on the floor. He was big, could stickhandle and skate. But he never could put it together. You give him the desire to succeed and the knowledge of the game that a player like Walker has and he would be a perennial All-Star. He was more talented than Arkhi in my opinion.

Old
01-18-2005, 12:13 AM
In the Doghouse

Bartek started this season with Lukko Rauma, Finland and got sacked after 17 games (5+6). He put up quite good numbers in first 10 games put then he freezed and lost his work ethics. He said that he was not happy living in Rauma and his style didn't fit in Lukko's system.

Old
01-18-2005, 12:48 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Andersson's problem may have stemmed from having no hockey sense whatsoever. Sure, he was hardly physical, but the guy had no clue on the ice. He was so damned talented though. The most impressive goal I have ever witnessed first hand came when he was in Cincinnati around 2-3 years ago. He was on the penalty kill and his line was changing. He carried the puck in instead of dumping it. He deked one forward and destroyed both defenseman individually before undressing Bryz. I remember sitting there in the Gardens with my jaw on the floor. He was big, could stickhandle and skate. But he never could put it together. You give him the desire to succeed and the knowledge of the game that a player like Walker has and he would be a perennial All-Star. He was more talented than Arkhi in my opinion.
Jonas was plagued by injuries. I thought Bartek played well in the ECHL and fairly in the AHL....I thought he wasn't bad for an eight rounder...he had size; however, when he was told to report back to the ECHL, he decided to play in Europe, so we released him...Same for Pavlov.

Old
01-18-2005, 12:55 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Jonas was plagued by injuries. I thought Bartek played well in the ECHL and fairly in the AHL....I thought he wasn't bad for an eight rounder...he had size; however, when he was told to report back to the ECHL, he decided to play in Europe, so we released him...Same for Pavlov.

I thought the story on Pavlov was his insistence on bringing that drooling, mangy dog of his everywhere...

Old
01-18-2005, 12:56 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I thought the story on Pavlov was his insistence on bringing that drooling, mangy dog of his everywhere...
could have been that too.

Closed Thread