HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: 三船 敏郎 マラソン

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2012, 03:41 PM
  #1
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,277
vCash: 422
Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: 三船 敏郎 マラソン


__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 08-02-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 03:46 PM
  #2
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Lesshaus > Morehaus
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,309
vCash: 500
New thread stuck, old thread closed and unstuck. Carry on, hosers.


Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 03:54 PM
  #3
Penguins23
Le Magnifique
 
Penguins23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton,NewBrunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,416
vCash: 500
I approve of BOTH opening pictures. Well done.


__________________
.
Penguins23 is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 04:09 PM
  #4
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,277
vCash: 422

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 05:04 PM
  #5
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded
 
Coach John McGuirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,503
vCash: 500

Coach John McGuirk is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 05:10 PM
  #6
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy
 
Antaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500

Antaris is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 06:57 PM
  #7
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,984
vCash: 500


At 19, this is the only stuff I can afford

Sh00terMcGavin is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 07:12 PM
  #8
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,277
vCash: 422
You're not even a real person.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 07:22 PM
  #9
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
You're not even a real person.
I take great offense to that.

Sh00terMcGavin is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 08:23 PM
  #10
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,807
vCash: 50
My beers of choice:






MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:50 PM
  #11
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u
 
HandshakeLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 18,052
vCash: 500


Translation: Life is hot, thank god.

HandshakeLine is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:56 PM
  #12
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,807
vCash: 50
Fun fact: The reason I found out about/tried/fell in love with Samuel Adams Boston Lager was because I kept seeing commercials for it back on FSN-Pittsburgh (before it became Root) during Pens games. So I gave it a go about 2 years ago and now I can't get enough of the stuff.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 11:05 PM
  #13
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Picked this up tonight.



And yes, the sticker residue is gone lol.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 11:22 PM
  #14
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Lesshaus > Morehaus
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Picked this up tonight.



And yes, the sticker residue is gone lol.
One of the greatest movies ever made. I wish new Spielberg sucked less and was more like old Spielberg. His movies, like so many others, are so ****ing anaseptic now. There's no grit or real to anything. AI... awful. Minority Report... awful. War of the Worlds not as bad but still pretty awful except the opening sequence. Spielberg's movies aren't as horrible as a **** artist like Michael Bay or Bruckheimer, but they're still way off from the old days.

Todays' special effects blow. Back in the 70s you had to work to make those effects right. The lighting, the materials, the camera angles, everything. Close Encounters, the original Star Wars trilogy, Jaws for the most part, Indiana Jones... those movies all felt real and pulled people into that world. Almost nothing feels real anymore. ****ing transformers flying all over the place, JarJar dewshbag... it's retarded. The computer has become a crutch because it's so easy to pull off the 3D aspect of things.

THe only effects movie in the last decade that really pulled it off with grit and real, was Lord of the Rings. District 9 also had some good, gritty effects. Unfortunately the movie sucked.


Last edited by Darth Vitale: 06-16-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 01:13 AM
  #15
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
One of the greatest movies ever made. I wish new Spielberg sucked less and was more like old Spielberg. His movies, like so many others, are so ****ing anaseptic now. There's no grit or real to anything. AI... awful. Minority Report... awful. War of the Worlds not as bad but still pretty awful except the opening sequence. Spielberg's movies aren't as horrible as a **** artist like Michael Bay or Bruckheimer, but they're still way off from the old days.

Todays' special effects blow. Back in the 70s you had to work to make those effects right. The lighting, the materials, the camera angles, everything. Close Encounters, the original Star Wars trilogy, Jaws for the most part, Indiana Jones... those movies all felt real and pulled people into that world. Almost nothing feels real anymore. ****ing transformers flying all over the place, JarJar dewshbag... it's retarded. The computer has become a crutch because it's so easy to pull off the 3D aspect of things.

THe only effects movie in the last decade that really pulled it off with grit and real, was Lord of the Rings. District 9 also had some good, gritty effects. Unfortunately the movie sucked.
I agree 100%, Spielbergs older work was incredible. For example:

-Jaws
-Close Encounters of the Third Kind
-The Blues Brothers
-E.T.
-Raiders of the Lost Ark
-Back to the Future (Producer)
-The Goonies(Producer)
-Jurassic Park
-Schindler's List
-Saving Private Ryan

His stuff now a days isn't all that great but is better than the stuff being produced now a days like Michael Bay who absolutely sucks. Today's film is absolute garbage, sans a few incredible directors (Aronofsky, Nolan) it's not even worth going to the movies anymore. There is only one movie I actually want to see this year, The Dark Knight Rises, that's it. The movies I've seen recently that I've actually thought were great were (Since 2009):

-Toy Story 3
-Inception
-True Grit
-Tron: Legacy
-Black Swan
-Up
-Watchmen (Yes, I loved this move)
-(500) Days of Summer
-The Wrestler
-The Fighter

Those are the only films over the past 3 years to actually wow me.

As for listing my top 5, it would have to like this. (No order)

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
3. Tron: Legacy
4. The Goonies
5. Casino

End of Line is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 03:30 AM
  #16
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,984
vCash: 500
Good list. Mine would be:

1) Pulp Fiction
2) Goodfellas
3) The Godfather: Part II
4) The Godfather
5) Either Shawshank Redemption or Fight Club
Honorable Mention - Pretty much every other Martin Scorsese film.

Sh00terMcGavin is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 04:11 AM
  #17
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,277
vCash: 422
Oh ****...movie talk...you've unleashed a can of worms...on time delay because it's way too late for me to delve into that right now.

*wags finger disapprovingly while slowly backing out of thread*


I will leave with a music video from Clams Casino just because it features heavy use of the Werner Herzog film Aguirre: The Wrath of God, one of the most beautiful (and utterly insane) films ever released.


Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 06-17-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 04:42 AM
  #18
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded
 
Coach John McGuirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,503
vCash: 500
Snatch
Forrest Gump
The Big Lebowski
Fight Club
The Princess Bride

HM : The Goonies, Super 8

Coach John McGuirk is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 05:10 AM
  #19
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
I agree 100%, Spielbergs older work was incredible. For example:

-Jaws
-Close Encounters of the Third Kind
-The Blues Brothers
-E.T.
-Raiders of the Lost Ark
-Back to the Future (Producer)
-The Goonies(Producer)
-Jurassic Park
-Schindler's List
-Saving Private Ryan

His stuff now a days isn't all that great but is better than the stuff being produced now a days like Michael Bay who absolutely sucks. Today's film is absolute garbage, sans a few incredible directors (Aronofsky, Nolan) it's not even worth going to the movies anymore. There is only one movie I actually want to see this year, The Dark Knight Rises, that's it. The movies I've seen recently that I've actually thought were great were (Since 2009):

-Toy Story 3
-Inception
-True Grit
-Tron: Legacy
-Black Swan
-Up
-Watchmen (Yes, I loved this move)
-(500) Days of Summer
-The Wrestler
-The Fighter

Those are the only films over the past 3 years to actually wow me.

As for listing my top 5, it would have to like this. (No order)

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
3. Tron: Legacy
4. The Goonies
5. Casino
I read the script. If they stick to what I read, it sounds like it will be a great movie with a retarted ending. I'm hoping they changed it. Bane is BA though... as BA as the Joker was.


Last edited by End of Line: 06-17-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Dammit, hit the edit button instead of Quote.
#66 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:14 AM
  #20
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Fun fact: The reason I found out about/tried/fell in love with Samuel Adams Boston Lager was because I kept seeing commercials for it back on FSN-Pittsburgh (before it became Root) during Pens games. So I gave it a go about 2 years ago and now I can't get enough of the stuff.
I'm not a huge fan of Sam Adams beers. I really have to have the taste for them, and that's usually when the fall/winter seasonal beers come out.

I've heard that going to the Sam Adams brewery in Boston is worth it. They apparently make a beer there called Red Brick or something like that, and not for sale anywhere else except in the brewery. I have heard that is one of the best beers you'll have.

JTG is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 07:22 AM
  #21
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Sam Adams beers. I really have to have the taste for them, and that's usually when the fall/winter seasonal beers come out.

I've heard that going to the Sam Adams brewery in Boston is worth it. They apparently make a beer there called Red Brick or something like that, and not for sale anywhere else except in the brewery. I have heard that is one of the best beers you'll have.
Yeah I've always wanted to check that place out. Ironically my fiance is going to Boston this Friday to stay with a friend for a week and go to an Iron Maiden concert. I'm not going with her though.

Based on my experience, Sam Adams Boston Lager goes good with a few types of cigars as well.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 10:14 AM
  #22
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I read the script. If they stick to what I read, it sounds like it will be a great movie with a retarted ending. I'm hoping they changed it. Bane is BA though... as BA as the Joker was.
Tom Hardy is an incredible actor, everything he does is great and I'm sure him being Bane will blow people away who don't know who he is.

End of Line is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 03:09 PM
  #23
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes
 
Randy Butternubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,987
vCash: 500
I'm a bit late, but here's a few of my new favorites:




Randy Butternubs is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
  #24
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Know what sucks? Having both wisdom teeth come in at the same time while having an abscess tooth.

End of Line is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
  #25
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,502
vCash: 50
jesus. what a movie. the closing shot is one of the best i've ever seen.

talkin' 'bout Aguirre: The Wrath of God.

the whole Kinski/Herzog run is amazing. i'm a huge fan of Fitzcarraldo (let's drag a steamship up a mountin) and their Nosferatu remake. the Herzog tribute/documentary My Best Friend is pretty affecting too - gotta love the story of indigenous peoples asking Herzog if he wanted them to murder Kinski.


Last edited by Crafton: 06-18-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Crafton is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.