HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2012, 08:24 AM
BomaLightDevils

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
I'm definitely going as well. The atmosphere for a hockey game in Malmö arena is the best in Sweden.
That is great to hear, looking so forward to it. I think it´s gonna be a great tournament.

Anybody know who of the Devils Prospects that could end up playing..?

Old
12-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomaLightDevils View Post
That is great to hear, looking so forward to it. I think it´s gonna be a great tournament.

Anybody know who of the Devils Prospects that could end up playing..?
Severson and Matteau, or a 2013 draftee.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:09 AM
DevilsJunkie

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... isn't Galchenyuk off w/ team Canada? If so, that makes this recent scoring surge by Boucher even more impressive. #carryingtheteam

Old
12-16-2012, 11:23 AM
DevsFan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsJunkie View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... isn't Galchenyuk off w/ team Canada? If so, that makes this recent scoring surge by Boucher even more impressive. #carryingtheteam
No, Galchenyuk is still with Sarnia. In fact, he had 3 goals and 2 assists last night. I'm not sure why the Blainville-Boisbriand WJC crew didn't play this weekend, but Galchenyuk did.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsJunkie View Post
You mean Team USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan30 View Post
No, Galchenyuk is still with Sarnia. In fact, he had 3 goals and 2 assists last night. I'm not sure why the Blainville-Boisbriand WJC crew didn't play this weekend, but Galchenyuk did.
Maybe taking a quick English course.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:50 AM
DevilsJunkie

I stand corrected...twice. Thanks guys.

Old
12-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Watching Severson against the Hurricanes. Oh Lawd, that kid looks amazing. Great poise, passing, skating, positioning, good shot, not shying away from contact, getting the puck out of the zone as you like it - simple and quick. Joining the rush on every play, but always hustling back to help out defensively. He`s constantly in motion. Maybe not as physical as you`d expect from a 6`2 200 pound guy, but still, he plays with more edge to his game than Merrill. There`s plenty to like about him. If nothing unexpected happens, I hope him and Gelinas become an integral part of our defense in a few years. AKA let`s see what Merrill, Urbom and Scarlett have to offer, but I like those two more. And kind of have a little bit more confidence in them too.

I still can`t wrap my head around how the hell he fell to us, but I`ll take it. lol

I mean, I knew he was a darn good player after watching some highlights and reading optimistic reports in his draft year. I was ecstatic about the pick right away (as he was one of my two favorites in the 2nd round), even called for a party, but I`ve never really seen him play live up until now and what I`m seeing makes me very happy.

EDIT: And by joining the rush I mean going to the net, end to end, that`s how far up ice he`s willing to go when he smells the opportunity. Love it.

He won`t be able to do that in the pros, at least not with regularity, but those instincts are extremely valuable.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:21 PM
FirmestPiano

Seems like Severson is 1st star almost every game recently

Old
12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
I'm definitely going as well. The atmosphere for a hockey game in Malmö arena is the best in Sweden.
I have my doubts. WC in Stockholm was awful, is WJC in Malmö, played in a bigger arena going to be that much better? Championships and atmosphere don't go hand in hand with Swedes. Even the atmosphere at the first game at Friends arena was miserable.

Old
12-16-2012, 10:01 PM
DevsFan30

Sunday's Activity:

WHL:
Graham Black - 1 goal, +1 in Swift Current's 4-0 win vs. Kootenay
Reece Scarlett - +2 for SC
Black - 35 games, 15 goals, 13 assists, +4, 12/22 PIM
Scarlett - 32 games, 4 goals, 12 assists, -2, 22 PIM
Swift Current is 15-17-5

Damon Severson - -3, 2 PIM (rough) in Kelowna's 6-2 loss at Calgary
34 games, 5 goals, 17 assists, +10, 42/52 PIM
Kelowna is 23-10-2

OHL:
Ben Johnson - -1 in Windsor's 4-1 loss at Sault Ste. Marie
35 games, 6 goals, 7 assists, -1, 16 PIM
Windsor is 14-15-6

Old
12-17-2012, 07:00 AM
dougiebrown

See what all your positive talk about Severson created?

Old
12-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Yep. I`m never going to speak of him again. The jinx of all jinxes.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Jack Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiebrown View Post
See what all your positive talk about Severson created?
Probably just a result of them playing 5 games in 6 days.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:11 AM
kunabai

vCash: 525
gavrus is going to return to north america after 31 december, he said this in interview.
devils scout advised to do this while meeting artur during junior championship in france.

interview in russian is here:
http://sport.tut.by/news/hockey/325437.html

Old
12-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunabai View Post
gavrus is going to return to north america after 31 december, he said this in interview.
devils scout advised to do this while meeting artur during junior championship in france.

interview in russian is here:
http://sport.tut.by/news/hockey/325437.html
Excellent news, he joins a very strong Owen Sound team that should go deep into the playoffs.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:57 AM
CerebralGenesis

Good for Gavrus

Old
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Jack Griffin

@mike_morreale
For the second straight practice, Stefan Matteau was with Tyler Biggs and Sean Kuraly at U.S. selection camp. #2013wjc

@mike_morreale
Talk about a line w/ instant chemistry. How about Cole Bardreau centering Ryan Hartman and Blake Pietila. The Grind Line no doubt. #2013wjc

Old
12-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Brodeur

Article about Gavrus with some quotes from Owen Sound's GM: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...tml#more-17405

Quote:
"If you are asking me if he is [coming back], that I don't know," DeGray said Monday. "If you're asking if I hope he is, I would sit here and tell you I hope he does. We would love to see him back in Owen Sound. But quite honestly from what I understand, they [Neman Grodno] have to give him permission to come back.

"I'll be straight up with you. I have not submitted any paperwork [to the IIHF] to have Artur back in Owen Sound. But have we talked? Absolutely we have ... we have to get permission from his Belarusian team to have Artur back. Is that my hope to have that happen? Yes. Is it Artur's? I kind of think he would like to, but let's not kid ourselves, maybe his club team doesn't want him coming back."

Old
12-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
I have my doubts. WC in Stockholm was awful, is WJC in Malmö, played in a bigger arena going to be that much better? Championships and atmosphere don't go hand in hand with Swedes. Even the atmosphere at the first game at Friends arena was miserable.
Well, it's an NHL-type hockey arena. Given the appropriate attendance, there should be a great atmosphere. The Globe is an awful place for a hockey game, by the way.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Richey View Post
@mike_morreale
For the second straight practice, Stefan Matteau was with Tyler Biggs and Sean Kuraly at U.S. selection camp. #2013wjc

@mike_morreale
Talk about a line w/ instant chemistry. How about Cole Bardreau centering Ryan Hartman and Blake Pietila. The Grind Line no doubt. #2013wjc
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Matteau-Kuraly-Biggs and Pietila-Bardreau-Hartman lines are the fourth and fifth lines for the US.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Buggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Article about Gavrus with some quotes from Owen Sound's GM: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...tml#more-17405
That second hit in the article is gross. Straight headshot, no wonder he has missed some time.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Jack Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Matteau-Kuraly-Biggs and Pietila-Bardreau-Hartman lines are the fourth and fifth lines for the US.
Morreale only mentioned 4 lines today. They were Trocheck-Galchenyuk-Barber, Gaudreau-Miller-Grimaldi, Matteau-Kuraly-Biggs, Pietila-Bardreau-Hartman. Which leaves Lucia and Vesey as the extras. Noesen was ruled ineligible.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
FirmestPiano

Yeah, seems like matteau has a good chance of playing on the third line if he performs well in camp since they're only going to cut one more forward most probably and aren't bringing in anyone else. I'd think Lucia would be competing with him for that third line spot so he's gotta do well going forward.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Richey View Post
Morreale only mentioned 4 lines today. They were Trocheck-Galchenyuk-Barber, Gaudreau-Miller-Grimaldi, Matteau-Kuraly-Biggs, Pietila-Bardreau-Hartman. Which leaves Lucia and Vesey as the extras. Noesen was ruled ineligible.
That looks good.

I think we can see a clear cut top six, a big, physical fourth line (Matteau and Biggs) and a checking line (Pietila).

Old
12-17-2012, 04:14 PM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Well, it's an NHL-type hockey arena. Given the appropriate attendance, there should be a great atmosphere. The Globe is an awful place for a hockey game, by the way.
Looks like it, yeah. Definitely better than The Globe, there's no doubt about that. I just think it's going to be hard to create a good atmosphere even if the arena is going to be at full capacity. Has there ever been an International ice hockey/football game in Sweden where the atmosphere has been decent? WC in Stockholm was dead quiet and at the opening game of Friends Arena, 2000 traveling English supporters was the only thing you heard throughout the game. Except maybe for when Zlatan scored that goal.

Closed Thread