Notices

Mark Jankowski on CHML - Hamilton

Old
08-12-2012, 09:48 AM
TheLockerRoomCHML
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Mark Jankowski on CHML - Hamilton

Mark joined Anthony Urciuoli in-studio for two segments. Some of it will be repetitive to make sure all of the bases were covered but when Mark gets into partying and drinking he shows how good of a kid he is. Appears to have a great head on his shoulder. Also talks about why he chose to go the NCAA route and his offseason workout plan. Mark is on right off the top

http://www.900chml.com/Station/LockerRoom/Audio.aspx

EDIT: Just realized Pat Steinberg of The FAN 960 was on the program, too. An unintentional Calgary themed program.

Last edited by TheLockerRoomCHML: 08-12-2012 at 11:33 AM.
TheLockerRoomCHML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:31 AM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Very mature prospect. With all that hockey in his family, he grew up knowing the game well

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Love how he said he wants to emulate his game after Malkin, he was quite cavalier about picking the best player in the world. I also like how he sounds really confident in his game and abilities, that is a common trait with alot of the top players. He also sounds quite humble and smart, heard lots of things I like in that interview. Hopefully he continues to grow into his body and get stronger.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:53 AM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Love how he said he wants to emulate his game after Malkin, he was quite cavalier about picking the best player in the world. I also like how he sounds really confident in his game and abilities, that is a common trait with alot of the top players. He also sounds quite humble and smart, heard lots of things I like in that interview. Hopefully he continues to grow into his body and get stronger.
The only thing that concerned me was the fact that he's never fought, and likely never will. Hopefully guys don't bully him around on the ice. Guys like Iginla don't have the same problems guys like Malkin have when their matched up and pestered against someone. Guys like Iginla will actually fight, hit, and get physical, even if meant taking a penalty.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Trae

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
The only thing that concerned me was the fact that he's never fought, and likely never will. Hopefully guys don't bully him around on the ice. Guys like Iginla don't have the same problems guys like Malkin have when their matched up and pestered against someone. Guys like Iginla will actually fight, hit, and get physical, even if meant taking a penalty.
Put him in a league where fighting actually happens and see how it goes from there, he might dabble in a little shoving, but it's only because he played High School hockey, no fighting allowed. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, there are plenty of elite players (centers, etc) that don't fight. Put a nice physical power forward on his wing and he'll be fine.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
What would you rather have.

1. A guy who doesn't fight, and probably won't.

or

2. This

"He's beating the drums!"

I'd rather have the first guy...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:59 PM
J Murda

vCash: 544
Hopefully he will have Ferland to do his dirty work for him.

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:14 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What would you rather have.

1. A guy who doesn't fight, and probably won't.

or

2. This

"He's beating the drums!"

I'd rather have the first guy...
Id rather have the guy who scores 50+ points a season.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:56 PM
MarkGio

I suppose fighting doesn't matter as much anymore. I'm probably a dying bread that still likes having it in the game.