I know, I'm fine to keep him as well. But look at this lineup:

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Cervenka Filppula Hudler
Baertschi Backlund Glencross
Stempniak Jones/Horak Comeau

Quincey Wideman
Gio Brodie
Sarich Butler

I'm being honest when I say this, I don't see a big difference between that lineup and Vancouvers. Our 2nd line is better, our 3rd and 4th are also. Our defence is very well balanced and we can share the minutes by committee.

I agree that that lineup is better on paper than the third disaster (missing playoffs) season in a row. If they can gel then I dig it and think the Flames will do better than last season. The wildcard is always Hartley, the new coach wtf situation for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
You are either overrating our offense, or underrating theirs. Even with Filp, we don't compare.
I agree but I like how you say the Flames are NOT like the sucks

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
You are either overrating our offense, or underrating theirs. Even with Filp, we don't compare.
Idk, I'd be surprised if the Olsen's break 100pts again or ever lead the league in scoring going forward. I see them as PPG players at best. I think Iggy can break 80 and if Tangs and Cammy can stay healthy they should both be over the 70pt mark.

Kelser has had major injury problems the last 2 years and he's the main threat on their 2nd. I don't see Raymond or Burrows as clear upgrades over Filppula or Hudler either. Booth is as brittle as they come. Our bottom 6 would clearly be better than theirs if that deal went thru.

I give an edge to them defensively, and goaltending I'd call equal. I don't think the gap is as far off as many critics would think.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'd rate the teams at least on paper as pretty close to equal.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Northern Heat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I don't see Raymond or Burrows as clear upgrades over Filppula or Hudler either.
Agreed. Burrows is good and I give him credit and some respect. However he did play on a line with the sisters.....Pretty sure that helped his play a little.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote