HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brenden Morrow To The Leafs

Old
08-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

vCash: 500
Brenden Morrow To The Leafs

What would it cost the Leafs to land him?

Leafs are trying to get bigger and tougher up front and upgrade our roster, and him and Clowe are the only 2 real upgrades I can think of off the top of my head who are big and tough also who are available.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Whydidijoin*

Too much for what he is worth. We have too many wingers already. We don't need him.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:50 PM
TrillMike

I don't exactly what, but probably a bit more than you'd think. He's the captain and coming off a bad year. We'd most likely be looking for some good prospects or a NHL-ready Dman.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:52 PM
TrillMike

Also, he has a NTC and might not be willing to wave it to go to Toronto.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Doubt he'd waive his NTC. But a 3rd line stop gap winger + pick/prospect would be nice.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Kershaw

What's the difference between Morrow and Doan?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Too much for what he is worth. We have too many wingers already. We don't need him.
This....

Leafs focus needs to be elsewhere.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:20 PM
MuchoMacho

I'd offer Clarke MacArthur and Juraj Mikus or a 3rd round pick. I'd be willing to offer a better prospect or pick if perhaps another piece was coming back from Dallas.

Clarke MacArthur
Joe Colbourne
Jake Gardiner
1st 2013 (Top 5 Protected)

For

Brendan Morrow
Jamie Benn

Yeah the more I think about it the more I realize I suck at trade proposals. My thinking was over pay for Morrow by giving Clarke MacArthur and Joe Colbourne but then even it out by giving a 1st + Gardiner for Benn but taking a step back I doubt Dallas does that.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
tony d
The Future

Nazem Kadri and a 2013 1st to Dallas for Morrow is the deal that I think would happen here.

08-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
nazem kadri and a 2013 1st to dallas for morrow is the deal that i think would happen here.
OH hell naw. As soon as the 1st is mentioned, you can forget about it. There are probably around 15 players in the league I am willing to include the 1st in a package for and a 33 year old Brenden Morrow is definitely not one of them. Now you want us to include one of our top prospects? What are you on?

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:25 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
Nazem Kadri and a 2013 1st to Dallas for Morrow is the deal that I think would happen here.
I doubt Burke would trade one of his first round picks for a guy that's 33 years old. Not saying value is off, but that goes against Burke's plan.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:27 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
I'd offer Clarke MacArthur and Juraj Mikus or a 3rd round pick. I'd be willing to offer a better prospect or pick if perhaps another piece was coming back from Dallas.

Clarke MacArthur
Joe Colbourne
Jake Gardiner
1st 2013 (Top 5 Protected)

For

Brendan Morrow
Jamie Benn

Yeah the more I think about it the more I realize I suck at trade proposals. My thinking was over pay for Morrow by giving Clarke MacArthur and Joe Colbourne but then even it out by giving a 1st + Gardiner for Benn but taking a step back I doubt Dallas does that.
There is no appropriate response for this. That pick could be a top 5 pick (unprotected, i don't even know wtf that is) and I still wouldn't even consider it.

EDIT - didn't read the whole post. No way in hell Dallas does that, but at least you acknowledge that.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
I doubt Burke would trade one of his first round picks for a guy that's 33 years old. Not saying value is off, but that goes against Burke's plan.
That's pretty far off, especially given how deep this upcoming draft is. Trading a 1st in a draft said to be as deep as 2003 AND one of our best prospects for a 33 year old is something JFJ would've done. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 08:28 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
We take this and run. Kadri alone would be enough for me.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
We take this and run. Kadri alone would be enough for me.
Yep.

I'd deal Morrow for Kadri as well, but I doubt GM Joe would. Then again, we do suddenly have an abundance of youth down the middle. Benn, Wandell, Eakin, Faksa, Molin, Shore, and Gemel Smith.

He'd probably look at stocking up in another area. Wouldn't be opposed to him targetting Jesse Blacker or Carter Ashton as part of any return.

Kadri's a nice piece though, and I remember hearing Nieuwendyk had his eye him until he got nabbed just before the Stars picked. Scott Glennie's a real swell consolation prize, though. No, really. He's great.

08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Doubt he'd waive his NTC. But a 3rd line stop gap winger + pick/prospect would be nice.
That`s what I was thinking earlier in the year: Macarthur + prospect.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
No thanks.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Spitsfan67*

To Toronto:Brandon Morrow

To Dallas:Tyler Biggs
Greg Mckegg
3rd 2013

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:14 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Yep.

I'd deal Morrow for Kadri as well, but I doubt GM Joe would. Then again, we do suddenly have an abundance of youth down the middle. Benn, Wandell, Eakin, Faksa, Molin, Shore, and Gemel Smith.

He'd probably look at stocking up in another area. Wouldn't be opposed to him targetting Jesse Blacker or Carter Ashton as part of any return.

Kadri's a nice piece though, and I remember hearing Nieuwendyk had his eye him until he got nabbed just before the Stars picked. Scott Glennie's a real swell consolation prize, though. No, really. He's great.
The problem with the Leafs trading Kadri in any deal for Morrow is that he's by far their most valuable expendable piece, and Morrow doesn't satisfy one of Toronto's core needs.

Realistically, the 2 valuable guys that would be on the table for Morrow are MacArthur and Franson. MacArthur because it's a simple swap on the wing from a younger healthy 20 goal guy to an aging and injured, but physical 20 goal guy. Franson because we've probably gotta get a shutdown dman in his spot (likely using MacArthur) so he becomes the odd man out.

Of course you can talk about Toronto adding periphery pieces like a Lombardi or a prospect in the middle of the Leafs depth chart, but that's about it when it comes to roster players.

I do wonder, if there's potential to do a double-deal though.... Franson, MacArthur, and a guy like Ashton for Morrow and Daley.

Leafs add experience, physicality, and a better defensive game, Dallas adds youth.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
The problem with the Leafs trading Kadri in any deal for Morrow is that he's by far their most valuable expendable piece, and Morrow doesn't satisfy one of Toronto's core needs.

Realistically, the 2 valuable guys that would be on the table for Morrow are MacArthur and Franson. MacArthur because it's a simple swap on the wing from a younger healthy 20 goal guy to an aging and injured, but physical 20 goal guy. Franson because we've probably gotta get a shutdown dman in his spot (likely using MacArthur) so he becomes the odd man out.

Of course you can talk about Toronto adding periphery pieces like a Lombardi or a prospect in the middle of the Leafs depth chart, but that's about it when it comes to roster players.

I do wonder, if there's potential to do a double-deal though.... Franson, MacArthur, and a guy like Ashton for Morrow and Daley.

Leafs add experience, physicality, and a better defensive game, Dallas adds youth.
Um, no to that proposal. Daley is going nowhere.

Dallas doesn't need to move Morrow, they loaded up on short term UFAs to make the playoffs. Now that the team is spending, Morrow probably doesn't want to leave either. If the team was tanking Morrow to Toronto might be a workable idea, but that doesn't seem to be the plan.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:29 PM
superrich

Quote:
So you think that would actually happen???

superrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Toronto:Brandon Morrow

To Dallas:Tyler Biggs
Greg Mckegg
3rd 2013
We are not giving up Biggs. Would have to be an overpayment for him for us to move him.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Boondock

I could see a Morrow for Kulemin swap working for both teams. Morrow gives the Leafs that leadership and physicality they seem to need and Dallas gets a younger defensively responsible winger to replace Morrow in the line up.

I can't see the Stars wanting to trade Morrow for MacA - that's a step backwards for Dallas. MacA and Morrow might be close in offensive output at this point in their careers, but Morrow offers a lot more in other aspects of the game.

Franson might interest the Stars. He could battle it out with Fistric, Jo. Benn, Rome and Dillon for a spot on the bottom pairing, but I would think a big + would need to be included.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 11:24 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I could see a Morrow for Kulemin swap working for both teams. Morrow gives the Leafs that leadership and physicality they seem to need and Dallas gets a younger defensively responsible winger to replace Morrow in the line up.

I can't see the Stars wanting to trade Morrow for MacA - that's a step backwards for Dallas. MacA and Morrow might be close in offensive output at this point in their careers, but Morrow offers a lot more in other aspects of the game.

Franson might interest the Stars. He could battle it out with Fistric, Jo. Benn, Rome and Dillon for a spot on the bottom pairing, but I would think a big + would need to be included.
I'd take Kulemin, definitely.

Not interested in Franson. We've got enough NHL ready D (bottom pairing, at least) and prospects, and the only D I'd really be interested in acquiring is a #1, which won't happen.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
I've been wondering about this. I hear all this chatter about Kadri being the bombs**t, but he seems to be in virtually every TOR trade prop? This is not a directed snipe at you tony d, just a general question to all TOR fans. Strictly TOR fan mindset curiosity.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote