HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brenden Morrow To The Leafs

Old
08-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Boondock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'd take Kulemin, definitely.

Not interested in Franson. We've got enough NHL ready D (bottom pairing, at least) and prospects, and the only D I'd really be interested in acquiring is a #1, which won't happen.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about Dallas' D depth. I know they have that big tall Jamie O.... kid and the big tough Swedish kid Nemeth (I think?) but I wasn't sure how far away either is from being considered a NHL regular (I didn't include Larsen because he's already a regular NHLer in my books - I think this kid is going to be good - Vancouver Mattias Ohlund type player)

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 10:50 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Yeah, I wasn't sure about Dallas' D depth. I know they have that big tall Jamie O.... kid and the big tough Swedish kid Nemeth (I think?) but I wasn't sure how far away either is from being considered a NHL regular (I didn't include Larsen because he's already a regular NHLer in my books - I think this kid is going to be good - Vancouver Mattias Ohlund type player)
Yea, it looks like this this year:

Goligoski - Robidas
Daley - Dillon
Fistric - Larsen
Rome/Jo. Benn

And we've got Oleksiak and Nemeth (as you said) who're looking like they'll be top 4 guys, so that'll give us 5. We've got some longer term projects too, like Bystrom and Klingberg.

Yea, I think Larsen's gonna be a stud.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Yea, it looks like this this year:

Goligoski - Robidas
Daley - Dillon
Fistric - Larsen
Rome/Jo. Benn

And we've got Oleksiak and Nemeth (as you said) who're looking like they'll be top 4 guys, so that'll give us 5. We've got some longer term projects too, like Bystrom and Klingberg.

Yea, I think Larsen's gonna be a stud.
I don't know much about Dillon - I've heard him referred to as a late bloomer but I don't have any idea what style he plays or what his strengths and weakness are - any info on him?

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 01:05 AM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I don't know much about Dillon - I've heard him referred to as a late bloomer but I don't have any idea what style he plays or what his strengths and weakness are - any info on him?
Here's a nice write up on him: http://www.defendingbigd.com/2012/6/...e-thunderbirds

I went to prospect camp a few weeks ago. Dillon looked like a stud out there. His style reminded me of Daley. But who knows? I really think he'll turn some heads this year.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Whydidijoin*

We are not trading Kulemin for Morrow. Not a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
I've been wondering about this. I hear all this chatter about Kadri being the bombs**t, but he seems to be in virtually every TOR trade prop? This is not a directed snipe at you tony d, just a general question to all TOR fans. Strictly TOR fan mindset curiosity.
The size of the Leaf fanbase and the nature of this site means that many children flock here. Children who have not learned patience and how the world, especially the hockey world, works. Because of this, may Leaf fans have got tired of waiting for Kadri, even though he always was going to be a longer-term project relative to his draft position.

Kadri dominated the OHL, obliterated in the playoffs, and has been the best player and put up PPG numbers on one of the better AHL teams. Due to a few things he had to work on, injuries, and the forward depth on the Leafs, he has not been able to break through on the Leafs for an extended amount of time, and this results in people calling him a bust when they really know nothing about him. He has shown flashes of complete brilliance during his short stints, despite being mainly on the 3rd line in his call-ups.

His bigger problems he had to work on were his defensive skills, his strength (due to the type of game he likes to play), and his skating. His skating was fine when he was drafted, but the muscle he put on during the first year slowed him down. He is still average or even above average, but that was a major asset he had. He is now working with a very good, newly hired skating coach this off-season. His defensive game has already improved, and his strength has gotten better each year. He likely would have had a spot last year if he didn't get injured right out of camp, and Frattin didn't step up beyond expectations. He is likely the 2nd-most skilled player in the organization after Kessel, and any suggestion that he will not put it all together is completely premature.

He can play all forward positions, and will be given a chance in between Kessel and Lupul on the first line in camp. If that doesn't work out, he will be given chances in multiple other roles in the lineup.

He is expected to make an impact this year, but the most likely time for him to be in the NHL full-time is next year, when many of our forward contracts come off the books, some of which won't be re-signed.

Fans of most other teams drag him down in the mud merely because he is a Leaf. We get used to it, but it is no reflection on the player he is or will be.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:24 PM
REALTALK81
Pro Log Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
We are not trading Kulemin for Morrow. Not a chance.

The size of the Leaf fanbase and the nature of this site means that many children flock here. Children who have not learned patience and how the world, especially the hockey world, works. Because of this, may Leaf fans have got tired of waiting for Kadri, even though he always was going to be a longer-term project relative to his draft position.

Kadri dominated the OHL, obliterated in the playoffs, and has been the best player and put up PPG numbers on one of the better AHL teams. Due to a few things he had to work on, injuries, and the forward depth on the Leafs, he has not been able to break through on the Leafs for an extended amount of time, and this results in people calling him a bust when they really know nothing about him. He has shown flashes of complete brilliance during his short stints, despite being mainly on the 3rd line in his call-ups.

His bigger problems he had to work on were his defensive skills, his strength (due to the type of game he likes to play), and his skating. His skating was fine when he was drafted, but the muscle he put on during the first year slowed him down. He is still average or even above average, but that was a major asset he had. He is now working with a very good, newly hired skating coach this off-season. His defensive game has already improved, and his strength has gotten better each year. He likely would have had a spot last year if he didn't get injured right out of camp, and Frattin didn't step up beyond expectations. He is likely the 2nd-most skilled player in the organization after Kessel, and any suggestion that he will not put it all together is completely premature.

He can play all forward positions, and will be given a chance in between Kessel and Lupul on the first line in camp. If that doesn't work out, he will be given chances in multiple other roles in the lineup.

He is expected to make an impact this year, but the most likely time for him to be in the NHL full-time is next year, when many of our forward contracts come off the books, some of which won't be re-signed.

Fans of most other teams drag him down in the mud merely because he is a Leaf. We get used to it, but it is no reflection on the player he is or will be.
You forgot that he has also been training with Gary Roberts this summer and is specifically targeting his speed/acceleration. This kid should not be thrown in every Leaf proposal. Impatient fans wanted Grabovski out 3 years ago and now love the guy. Kadri has more raw skill than Grabo IMO and needed time to fill out. He was around 165 lbs when he was drafted. Now he has filled out a little more and is on a proper diet. I expect him to get around 50 points this year if he is on one of the top two lines.

REALTALK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Satan
churr bum

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
I'd offer Clarke MacArthur and Juraj Mikus or a 3rd round pick. I'd be willing to offer a better prospect or pick if perhaps another piece was coming back from Dallas.

Clarke MacArthur
Joe Colbourne
Jake Gardiner
1st 2013 (Top 5 Protected)

For

Brendan Morrow
Jamie Benn

Yeah the more I think about it the more I realize I suck at trade proposals. My thinking was over pay for Morrow by giving Clarke MacArthur and Joe Colbourne but then even it out by giving a 1st + Gardiner for Benn but taking a step back I doubt Dallas does that.
You should just stop...

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Some people are overrating morrow here. I don't think his return would be massive. No need to add 2013 1st. Probably a 2 piece package of a 2nd+B level prospect.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Morrow for Colborne straight up? I'd add to get Kadri.

Old
08-10-2012, 09:55 PM
LeafsLegends

Quote:
Morrow for Colborne straight up? I'd add to get Kadri.
If morrow was a center I think that deal would be very possible but since we would be adding a winger I dont think it happens.

LeafsLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 09:58 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
If morrow was a center I think that deal would be very possible but since we would be adding a winger I dont think it happens.
Fair enough.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:24 PM
LeafsLegends

Quote:
Fair enough.
Just out of curiosity what kind of crazy overpayment from the leafs would it take to land Benn in your opinion. I wont judge or complain about the opinion im just curious cause I know he`s an excellent player but I only get to see him play a handful of times a year.

LeafsLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
Just out of curiosity what kind of crazy overpayment from the leafs would it take to land Benn in your opinion. I wont judge or complain about the opinion im just curious cause I know he`s an excellent player but I only get to see him play a handful of times a year.
Grabovski
Kadri
Colborne
Gardiner/Reilly

And maybe a tad more. Another prospect or pick.

If it'd be Kessel, sub him for Grabovski and Colborne.

I don't know, it's so hard to gauge. I'd prefer to just stop so this doesn't turn into another Benn debate. That's obviously severe overpayment, and there's not a bigger Benn fan on here than me.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
LeafsYoungGuns

Morrow
conditional 2nd or 3rd
for
C.Mac
Lombardi/Connolly

LeafsYoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:21 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsYoungGuns View Post
Morrow
conditional 2nd or 3rd
for
C.Mac
Lombardi/Connolly
Depends on the conditions, but yes.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:24 AM
LeafsYoungGuns

Quote:
Depends on the conditions, but yes.
I'd probably do games played for Lombardi but a straight 3rd for Connolly. Dallas has cap to spend so thats not an issue. Maybe a larger trade could work with Komi included as Dallas' new 5/6 dman. How about,

Morrow
2nd or 1st if Franson is included

for

C. Mac
Connolly
Komisarek
rights to Franson (RFA)

Thats only if Franson truly wants out, which I hope is not the case.

Last edited by LeafsYoungGuns: 08-11-2012 at 12:31 AM.
LeafsYoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Some people are overrating morrow here. I don't think his return would be massive. No need to add 2013 1st. Probably a 2 piece package of a 2nd+B level prospect.
Yeah, I was thinking from Boston perspective maybe Caron + 2nd at the most is what I would give up... prefer 3rd, but if could get him in right now to start year, i would do it for a 2nd.

Thoughts on that??

Caron + 2nd

for

Morrow

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Tyler Biggs*
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Morrow
conditional 2nd or 3rd
for
C.Mac
Lombardi/Connolly
I would do that deal.

Tyler Biggs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
I'd probably do games played for Lombardi but a straight 3rd for Connolly. Dallas has cap to spend so thats not an issue. Maybe a larger trade could work with Komi included as Dallas' new 5/6 dman. How about,

Morrow

for

C. Mac
Connolly
Komisarek
rights to Franson (RFA)

The Stars dont need Komisarek and don't want Franson at that price either. Just because the team has cap space doesn't mean they want to take a bunch of bad contracts on.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:18 AM
MAK19

Yes Leafers, please pay a lot for Morrow. It would be a terrific move for you moving forward

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:

Morrow

for

C. Mac
Connolly
Komisarek
rights to Franson (RFA)

That's a lot of bad contracts going Dallas' way. No way does GMJN do this. Just because we have a new owner doesn't mean we'll take all of the Leafs junk. Burke signed all those guys, and he's going to have to pay some team get Komisaerk off his hands.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:43 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Yeah, I was thinking from Boston perspective maybe Caron + 2nd at the most is what I would give up... prefer 3rd, but if could get him in right now to start year, i would do it for a 2nd.

Thoughts on that??

Caron + 2nd

for

Morrow
I'd love this. I'd even take Thomas back too.

Spooner would be nice, but Caron is great too.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:07 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post

Thoughts on that??

Caron + 2nd

for

Morrow
I think it's solid. Caron is NHL ready(or very close).

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:08 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

A 3rd line of:

Caron - Eakin - Vincour

Can grow together, and all are looking like very solid 3rd liners. I really like that.

Old
08-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Cogburn

I am adamant that Morrow would make the Leafs better from the moment his plane lands and would be an improvement on any forward not named Kessel in terms of overall play.

I'd be offering a first for him, if Dallas was in any mood to accept a late first, as well as a prospect like Rodin or even Sauve, and if a replacement roster player is needed, Raymond (although I know he holds little value outside of Canuckistan).

As for Toronto, a player like MacArthur would be totally expendable, and even Kulemin might be if I am to be completely honest. Kuli+2nd or Mac+Colborne would be suitable (with perhaps a small plus, not exceeding a 3rd round pick, going back), but the upgrade from one of those two to Morrow (not to mention trading for another winger instead of a center) would be kind of self defeating.

Toronto with Lupul-Grabo-Kessel and Morrow-Bozak-Mac/Kulemin would be a scarier force to contend with, and the possible addition of an improved Kadri playing with Morrow, or, heaven forbid, Morrow training the monsterous Colborne would be superb for Toronto's future.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote