HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Brenden Morrow To The Leafs

Old
08-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Morrow for Colborne straight up? I'd add to get Kadri.
I would be very happy with Morrow for Colborne straight up.

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Morrow-Mcclement-Macarthur/Frattin
Komarov-Steckel-Brown

Is a playoff calibre forward group (just look at the top-9 group of wingers). The Leafs could also just turn around and trade MacA for a quality prospect or late first and put Frattin in in his place.

Neil Hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:10 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

vCash: 500
I don't get why the Leafs would want Morrow. He's not going to put them over the top. They are a few years away from being a serious threat. If they gave up a guy like Kadri then Burke should be fired. They're supposed to be building. They made a step in the right direction bringing in JVR.

08-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I don't get why the Leafs would want Morrow. He's not going to put them over the top. They are a few years away from being a serious threat. If they gave up a guy like Kadri then Burke should be fired. They're supposed to be building. They made a step in the right direction bringing in JVR.
I wouldn't want us to trade someone like Kadri or Frattin for Morrow.

Right now, the Leafs have essentially no veteran leadership. Our oldest players are Connolly and Liles. Morrow would provide some much needed experience and leadership to our young team. He also is a tough forward who can score, which the Leafs need.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:22 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
I wouldn't want us to trade someone like Kadri or Frattin for Morrow.

Right now, the Leafs have essentially no veteran leadership. Our oldest players are Connolly and Liles. Morrow would provide some much needed experience and leadership to our young team. He also is a tough forward who can score, which the Leafs need.
Basically, I think the Leafs would be silly to trade someone young for him. Maybe Colborne because I don't think he'll become an impact player in this league. But no one else.

I really think Kadri is going to be a good player. Sick skills and if he beefs up a bit he could really do well. Nice to see a lot of TML fans wanting to keep him.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Basically, I think the Leafs would be silly to trade someone young for him. Maybe Colborne because I don't think he'll become an impact player in this league. But no one else.
The Leafs have a better group of prospects than I think most people realize.

Here's our top-20 prospects:

Rielly, Kadri, Frattin, Colborne, Scrivens, Biggs, Blacker, Percy, Finn, Ashton, Ross, Holzer, Mckegg, D'amigo, Deschamps, Granberg, Owuya, Leivo, Komarov, and Sparks

We have enough quality prospects that we are in a position where we are able to make a youth - for experience trade without mortgaging our future. Of course, I wouldn't want to trade one of Rielly, Kadri, or Frattin unless it's in a package for a no. 1 C.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Modo
Mo'Benn

I don't think Frattin qualifies as a prospect anymore......he's 24, and played most of last season with the Leafs.

Besides, he's not someone I'd want the Stars to chase after either. Not exactly lighting it up yet, at the pro level, and we've got plenty of youth/potential at RW, no need for him positionally.

08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

what a fantastic off season for burke !!

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King goof View Post
what a fantastic off season for burke !!
Yeah Schenn for JVR, drafting Morgan Rielly, signing Jay Mcclement, and buying out Armstrong. Not bad. Luongo and Bernier are both likely to be moved before the start of the season as well; maybe to the leafs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Not exactly lighting it up yet, at the pro level, and we've got plenty of youth/potential at RW, no need for him positionally.
I'd call 24 goals in 37 games with the Marlies (including 10 goals in 13 games in the playoffs) "lighting it up" at the pro level. He has great upside, his shot is beautiful. Lit up the NCAA as well with 36 goals in 44 games. The Leafs aren't gonna be trading him now.

Last edited by Neil Hamburger: 08-12-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old
08-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

it was sarcasm

but when you put it like that it aint bad

toronto cant start with james reimer

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Cogburn

While I still maintain Morrow would be an awesome addition, I seemed to have skipped the JVR-Schenn trade. I mean Morrow as a mentor of JVR would be awesome, but really, Toronto, with JVR, Kessel, Lupul, MacArthur and Kulemin as top 6 wingers, other positions should be addressed first. A top center, a top goalie, or even a top defender, should be addressed before adding another winger.

As a Canucks trade, our first, Rodin or Sauve (I honestly don't know if a LW or D is needed for their prospect pool) and Raymond if a replacement forward is needed is still my offer. Helps Vancouver, but if Morrow is on the train out of town, I think the value beats Colborne straight up.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
Yeah Schenn for JVR, drafting Morgan Rielly, signing Jay Mcclement, and buying out Armstrong. Not bad. Luongo and Bernier are both likely to be moved before the start of the season as well; maybe to the leafs.
But on the flip side you could say the Leafs biggest needs after last season were a #1 C and a Goalie - as of right now the Leafs biggest needs are a #1 C and a Goalie.

...and yes I'm aware the Leafs want to give JvR a shot at #1 C, but I'm a little skeptical since JvR hasn't really proven to be a #1 anything in his previous 3 seasons.

Last edited by spiny norman: 08-12-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: added [/QUOTE]
Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote