HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Petre's NHL 13 GM Connected Confirmed Trades

Old
08-13-2012, 02:22 PM
sartaj22

vCash: 500
updated trade block

sartaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:23 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post
pretty sure that's the definition of what a commissioner is.
good point.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Ratings aren't being taken into consideration. You are getting one the top d-men in the league, and a top 6 winger. Your trade is vetoed, and it won't be reversed.
How do rating not get taken into account. That is what the game is based on. Does nobody but myself understand that?

Anybody agree at all?

Bay Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:25 PM
greatbluenorth

Got a trade for ya.

Devante Smith-Pelly
Luca Sbisa
3rd round pick (2012)

Brandon Dubinsky
Vinny Prospal

greatbluenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bay Bone

Quote:
you're twisting the #s to make your argument work. Doesn't work that way.
Wheres the manipulation? I believe those numbers are relatively accurate?

Old
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafinsider View Post
How do rating not get taken into account. That is what the game is based on. Does nobody but myself understand that?

Anybody agree at all?
this isn't NHL 12 where you can make a trade like that and the other GM thinks he wins the deal. We are real people and sure maybe we are considering real life with this trade, but this is in no way fair.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
this isn't NHL 12 where you can make a trade like that and the other GM thinks he wins the deal. We are real people and sure maybe we are considering real life with this trade, but this is in no way fair.
That is completely biased and unprofessional.

So because you do not like the trade, even though it is nothing but fair in the game it is vetoed because your opinion is all that matters.

Trades should be vetoed based on numbers, not personal opinions.

Thats science vs. religion for you. Science is facts, religion is opinions.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Petre94

Quote:
Taking into account expected regressions and progressions for NHL 13:

Devon Setoguchi:
Rating 84

Ryan Suter
Rating 88

Player Average rating=86

Wayne Simmonds
Rating 85

Nicklas Grossman
Rating 82

Max Talbot
Rating 82

Player Average rating=83 + 2nd round pick

So a 3 point average in terms of ratings is lopsided? Im sure I can find numerous deals with higher differences. And then take into account this is 3 players, plus a 2nd round pick for 2.
your argument doesnt even work that way, a 2nd maybe moves it to 84, and 84 doesnt equal 86

Petre94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Wheres the manipulation? I believe those numbers are relatively accurate?
using the overalls to justify the players worth.

Patrick Kane is 89. Is komisarek (84), Marc Savard (85), Anti Niemi (84), Pavel Kubina (85) look good to you for him. One guy is useless, one guy I don't even know will play, the other is an overrated goalie, and one can't skate anymore.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Petre94

Can we please stop? Its just wasteing time. Atleast move this to PM please

Petre94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petre94 View Post
your argument doesnt even work that way, a 2nd maybe moves it to 84, and 84 doesnt equal 86
Well does 3 players for 2 add another point to the average then as well?

So 1 point average deserves vetoing. In that case, even if it were 1-3 points deserving vetoing then almost every deal will be vetoed.

I just don't understand. Does nobody agree with me in this is how trades should be vetoed or not?

Old
08-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
using the overalls to justify the players worth.

Patrick Kane is 89. Is komisarek (84), Marc Savard (85), Anti Niemi (84), Pavel Kubina (85) look good to you for him. One guy is useless, one guy I don't even know will play, the other is an overrated goalie, and one can't skate anymore.
But Erza, in the game thats nothing but fair. In real life that is a terrible trade yes.

But for the games sake those are all completely useful players with high ratings because EA gave them those ratings. This game has nothing to do with real life nor should it institute the opinions.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Hockeygirl91
Rookie User

Anyone interested in Ehrhoff? lol

Hockeygirl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:39 PM
matt1396

Quote:
But Erza, in the game thats nothing but fair. In real life that is a terrible trade yes.

But for the games sake those are all completely useful players with high ratings because EA gave them those ratings. This game has nothing to do with real life nor should it institute the opinions.
But the game should have to do with real life. We are real people, so why can't we play with real life values of players?

Old
08-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Hockeygirl91
Rookie User

Quote:
But the game should have to do with real life. We are real people, so why can't we play with real life values of players?
True. I agree.

One thing leafinsider conveniently leaves out is that Suter is on a LIFETIME contract, he's an irreplaceable #1 Dman, and he provides cost certainty and security for the duration of the league. That's worth a lot more than what numbers can imply. Especially in this UFA market, people are going to overpay.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:47 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl91 View Post
True. I agree.

One thing leafinsider conveniently leaves out is that Suter is on a LIFETIME contract, he's an irreplaceable #1 Dman, and he provides cost certainty and security for the duration of the league. That's worth a lot more than what numbers can imply. Especially in this UFA market, people are going to overpay.
Exactly also, he is implying that a trade of Henrik Zetterburg for a guy like Bobby Ryan would be unfair to DET. As Ryan will be rated lower, when in reality he is younger and I would say they are equal in talent.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
True. I agree.

That has nothing to do with NHL 13. You can all resign your players before there contracts expire with little to no problems. The game does not take into affect personal opinions.

Nonetheless, I understand where you are all coming from. Some points are valid, some are reaching.

My suggestion, and I PM'd Erza about collaborating with me on it is to create some sort of sheet which will take into account all factors within the game and we can look at in order to Veto a trade. This way, personal opinions are nullified.

Player Ratings, potential, contract, amount of players, draft picks etc will all be looked at when evaluating a trade if it seems out of sorts.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Hockeygirl91
Rookie User

Quote:
That is completely biased and unprofessional.

So because you do not like the trade, even though it is nothing but fair in the game it is vetoed because your opinion is all that matters.

Trades should be vetoed based on numbers, not personal opinions.

Thats science vs. religion for you. Science is facts, religion is opinions.
You know whats really unprofessional? I saw your hissy fit in Karma's thread about your 4 accounts and it was pretty lame. You have no right to call the commish unprofessional when your own credibility is at the bottom of the entire league. You even bragged about how nobody will ever catch you or find out your true identities. If anyone needs a lesson in professionalism its you.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Exactly also, he is implying that a trade of Henrik Zetterburg for a guy like Bobby Ryan would be unfair to DET. As Ryan will be rated lower, when in reality he is younger and I would say they are equal in talent.
Thats why we need to take into account potential of course. And in my trade its not like im trading old guys with zero potential lol.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:53 PM
matt1396

Quote:
That has nothing to do with NHL 13. You can all resign your players before there contracts expire with little to no problems. The game does not take into affect personal opinions.

Nonetheless, I understand where you are all coming from. Some points are valid, some are reaching.

My suggestion, and I PM'd Erza about collaborating with me on it is to create some sort of sheet which will take into account all factors within the game and we can look at in order to Veto a trade. This way, personal opinions are nullified.

Player Ratings, potential, contract, amount of players, draft picks etc will all be looked at when evaluating a trade if it seems out of sorts.
Couple things I have to say about that.

1.) We will be using Real life player values in this league, as we are real people not AI GM's in NHL 12 so trades like that will never happen, heck the AI in NHL 13 would probably reject that trade.

2.) I don't see why your collaborating with Erza as he isn't even in this league.

3.) Your sheet that will take in factors for trades won't get you anywhere. Just use real life player values and you will be fine.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
You know whats really unprofessional? I saw your hissy fit in Karma's thread about your 4 accounts and it was pretty lame. You have no right to call the commish unprofessional when your own credibility is at the bottom of the entire league. You even bragged about how nobody will ever catch you or find out your true identities. If anyone needs a lesson in professionalism its you.
If you kept up with that you would know that was surely not me on the account. Im not angry or upset, im just trying to allow everybody to see that it is about numbers and not opinions.

Some may never agree and I dont really have an issue with the trade being vetoed, I do however want to set some standards and fairness for the future so we can all agree

Old
08-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Bay Bone

Quote:
Couple things I have to say about that.

1.) We will be using Real life player values in this league, as we are real people not AI GM's in NHL 12 so trades like that will never happen, heck the AI in NHL 13 would probably reject that trade.

2.) I don't see why your collaborating with Erza as he isn't even in this league.

3.) Your sheet that will take in factors for trades won't get you anywhere. Just use real life player values and you will be fine.
You cant use real life player values though Matt. Look at the Luongo situation, Nucks fans think hes worth the world and other fans think hes worth a decent player or two along with some picks.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:57 PM
matt1396

Quote:
You cant use real life player values though Matt. Look at the Luongo situation, Nucks fans think hes worth the world and other fans think hes worth a decent player or two along with some picks.
Yes, but they will eventually come to a conclusion for him, as his contract is the problem. VAN could demand the world for him if his contract has say 3 more years on it instead of 10. In the game you have to take that into consideration as I don't think anyone wants a 41 year old goalie who is overall 71 with a $5.33m cap hit.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:59 PM
TheRealDeal94

Quote:
Luongo deal is coming soon.

TheRealDeal94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Hockeygirl91
Rookie User

Quote:
If you kept up with that you would know that was surely not me on the account. Im not angry or upset, im just trying to allow everybody to see that it is about numbers and not opinions.

Some may never agree and I dont really have an issue with the trade being vetoed, I do however want to set some standards and fairness for the future so we can all agree
Okay, I'll just keep in mind that there's a conniving sociopath close to you or a split personality that could have control of your account. Thanks.