Eastern Europe Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan

Mikhail Stefanovich

Old
06-22-2012, 08:43 PM
namttebih

vCash: 500
Mikhail Stefanovich

Hello Belorusians!

I am a Leaf fan and was wondering if Stefanovich was still playing for Minsk or what he was doing these days. The kid had so much talent, it's funny how these players fizzle away.

Cheers

namttebih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Purple hippo

He had a contract with them but spent basically the entire year down in the BOL with Gomel where he was the third leading scorer (9th in the BOL). Only played 5 matches in the KHL, not a single point

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:01 AM
kunabai

vCash: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
He had a contract with them but spent basically the entire year down in the BOL with Gomel where he was the third leading scorer (9th in the BOL). Only played 5 matches in the KHL, not a single point
he played less games than all other scoring leaders (9 less than league leader) and he still became 2nd in goal scoring (scored 2 less goals than league leader in 9 less games). he scored 6 goals in 8 playoff games, thus tying for a lead in goals with baranov who played 6 games more.

his contract with dinamo has expired and he has already signed with gomel for another year.

to say some more, he dominates at minor league level but can't translate his game at higher levels. he's slow and soft for khl, his problems with skating are still there. so all things that were named as his weaknesses some years ago are remained. he isn't defensive responsible. so, while all these things don't prevent him from being a force in belarus league, these weaknesses slowing him down in the same time.

though, i hope that he'll become khl regular one day

kunabai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
For whatever reason he popped in my head the other day, but couldnt remember who it was.

I remembered watching him in the Q, and he tore it up whenever I saw him

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:57 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
For whatever reason he popped in my head the other day, but couldnt remember who it was.

I remembered watching him in the Q, and he tore it up whenever I saw him
He's a weird one. Looked very promising and Leafs brass was high on this kid, then he came to training camp and looked awful and was sent back to junior for an overage season. He came back the next year and looked a bit better, but couldn't fit into a top 6 role with the Marlies so he was sent to the AHL. After playing between the Marlies and ECHL he left back to Minsk and hasn't returned to NA. I doubt Dallas ever signs him to a contract and he's likely a career KHL/Euro league player.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Robotic

This guy was the QMJHL best pro prospect - Mike Bossy Trophy

Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote