Newcastle add defenceman

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2003, 10:46 PM
GB

vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Newcastle add defenceman

Newcastle signed their 8th import in blueliner Jason Robinson. The 25 year old played 72 games in the ECHL for Pee Dee Pride last season, scoring 2 goals and 13 assists while registering 126 PiM. The signing comes after an injury t British defenceman Ian Defty.

Newcastle owner Darryl Illingworth said: “We've been looking for a stand-up defenceman who won't mess around and we believe we have found that in Jason. We're delighted to have him and are sure he'll make a big contribution. We have heard many good things about Jason and I know a number of other clubs in the UK were interested in his signature. The signings may not stop there, we are currently looking for a replacement for Anthony Johnson and hope to announce something soon."

Liam

Old
09-19-2003, 10:19 AM
BLACKBURN

vCash: 500
He must be the first ECHL players to come to Britain How are Newcastle looking this year? i remember in the past they have been financially challenged and this has reflected on their record, GB educate me! Thanks in advance!

Old
09-19-2003, 10:33 AM
GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
He must be the first ECHL players to come to Britain How are Newcastle looking this year? i remember in the past they have been financially challenged and this has reflected on their record, GB educate me! Thanks in advance!
They seem to have put their financial troubles behind them. They've been very poor so far, but do seem to be pulling the season around. They didn't have much of a pre-season so they are still gelling properly. I doubt they'll finish last, as they did last season. Nice avatar BTW.

Liam

Old
09-19-2003, 11:01 AM
BLACKBURN

I always forget if hes younger or older then Messier. Good to hear Newcastle seem to be improving, ho would you say is the best and worst team in the league, I have no knowledge of the league and so would really appreciate your opinion.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:37 AM
GB

I'd say Hull and Dundee have pretty strong rosters, as do Newcastle actually. Edinburgh probably has the weakest roster, although it is a really even league.

Liam

Old
09-20-2003, 10:23 AM
BLACKBURN

Thanks, what about the elite league, are teams like Sheffield still dominant? I assume the London racers will be near the bottom of the pack due to the low budget etc. Thanks again!!!

Old
09-22-2003, 03:14 AM
GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Thanks, what about the elite league, are teams like Sheffield still dominant? I assume the London racers will be near the bottom of the pack due to the low budget etc. Thanks again!!!
I'm picking Sheffield to win, challenged by Belfast and London to finish last, behind Basingstoke. I wouldn't be too suprised to see a Grand Slam from Sheffield.

Liam

Old
09-22-2003, 04:55 AM
BLACKBURN

Ive always liked the steelers so i would be happy. Has the season started yet, if so are they going to show any games on the tv? They showed a higlight show last year on sky sports, anything like that?

Old
09-22-2003, 12:04 PM
GB

The season started fully last weekend. Check out the stickied thread 'This weekends fixtures' for this weekend. I'm not sure about a TV deal though.

Liam

Closed Thread