HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers 'step up' offer for Bouwmeester

Old
08-11-2012, 04:26 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Speak da truth Peca
Mike Peca: Hi I'm Mike Peca and I think TSN hired me to say stuff that will be controversial. So let me say this about Jay Bouwmeester. He's soft and I relished my opportunities to play against him. I mean, every time I played against him I lit him up like a Christmas tree and physically dominated him. He was a turnover machine and I made him pay! He's a puss and I'm living proof of that.

TSN Fact Checker in the ear piece to the rest of the panel: Go to commercial! This guy had too many concussions and he's in la-la land. Cut away before he says something even more stupid!

Fact is that Peca only played in four or five games against Bouwmeester, at the very begining of Bouwmeester's career. Fact is that Mike Peca didn't score against Bouwmeester and was a minus player. Fact is that Bouwmeester was a plus player and had points against Mr. Selke trophy. Fact is Mike Peca is a blowhard who fabricated a story to be controversial in hopes it would lead to a broadcasting career. How did that work out for Mr. Peca once the fact checkers got in the mix? Where is Peca again?

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Why do people even post that video, it really makes them look silly. Why on earth do people take the words of TSN panelists as gospel? Barnaby said Jokinen was a cancer, PM said Semin is a loser, how can someone say that? Not only that but all those comments are untrue. Semin is not a loser and I'm sure we'll see that this season.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 04:41 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Hey, none of you guys played against Jay Bouwmeester. Peca did. It counts for something IMO...maybe not a lot...but something.

Find videos of people saying **** like that about other high profile d-men.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:29 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

Never thought I'd say it but Bouw to Philly is a good fit. Contract expires before the kids need raises. Sounds good to me!

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 06:49 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Hey, none of you guys played against Jay Bouwmeester. Peca did. It counts for something IMO...maybe not a lot...but something.
It makes Peca look small. His comments were really easy to debunk and paint a completely different story than that one Peca tried to sell. Mike Peca was a punk when he played and was a punk when he tried to be an analyst. Again, fact is that Peca played in limited games against Bouwmeester and was on the wrong end of every statistical measure. Peca knew this and tried to make points as an analyst by spewing some information he knew to be lies. Analysts are only as good as the information they provide and when a guy boldly lies like Peca did it reflects poorly on the analyst and the network who employs them. Where is Mike Peca now?

Quote:
Find videos of people saying **** like that about other high profile d-men.
You're not going to, because it's highly unprofessional and makes the color guy look like an ass. Peca was a liar, got caught on it and got his just deserts. Now he only has a youtube video moment to be proud of rather than a career as a commentator. Looks good on him.

Old
08-11-2012, 07:38 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
It makes Peca look small. His comments were really easy to debunk and paint a completely different story than that one Peca tried to sell. Mike Peca was a punk when he played and was a punk when he tried to be an analyst. Again, fact is that Peca played in limited games against Bouwmeester and was on the wrong end of every statistical measure. Peca knew this and tried to make points as an analyst by spewing some information he knew to be lies. Analysts are only as good as the information they provide and when a guy boldly lies like Peca did it reflects poorly on the analyst and the network who employs them. Where is Mike Peca now?

You're not going to, because it's highly unprofessional and makes the color guy look like an ass. Peca was a liar, got caught on it and got his just deserts. Now he only has a youtube video moment to be proud of rather than a career as a commentator. Looks good on him.
Holy crap they threw him in a desert?!

SteenMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:51 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
The Flames got younger this summer, and the summer before, but don't let facts get in the way of you clinging to your narrative.
Sorry I left out the part of younger with any potential to improve. Carry on with the dumping salary made us younger in a good way mindset.

SteenMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yes because Cola can play 25+ minutes a night agaisnt other teams top players right? Or the fact that Jbow was used a shutdown defenseman and is a offensive defenseman but if you want Cola then be my guest sign him you will be sorely disappointed when he isn't a top 2 defenseman
Coburn and Timonen would be top pairing D in Philly even if they had Bouwmeester.

And you're just missing and refusing to actually address the point. Bouw at $6.68m cap hit, and the players that most Flames fan expect to receive from the Flyers, does not add up. I'm not saying Cola is a 1st pairing D. But he is a realistic and FREE replacement for Meszaros.

If Holmgren was really willing to move Couts, we'd have a lot more options on top pairing D.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Jamin

Quote:

Peca was at the trade deadline special and may have been at the ufa special as well though im not positive on the latter.

So you keep saying where is Peca now? Working specials for TSN, the same thing he was doing before this bouwmeester video "ruined" his career like you claim. Im curious how many analysts you think TSN should carry fulltime? It seems like they have their regulars and then bring in players when they need someone on the panel or have a special.

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:18 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Peca was at the trade deadline special and may have been at the ufa special as well though im not positive on the latter.

So you keep saying where is Peca now? Working specials for TSN, the same thing he was doing before this bouwmeester video "ruined" his career like you claim. Im curious how many analysts you think TSN should carry fulltime? It seems like they have their regulars and then bring in players when they need someone on the panel or have a special.
Someone with such an high level of expertise and insight into the game and players, like Mike Peca, should be a permanent fixture on broadcasts. Why isn't he? Oh yeah, because he has no credibility. Don't like guys that make up **** to try and score cheap points. Mike Peca is no different than Matthew Barnaby in that regard. Jesus, those two make Nick Kypreos look like a hall-of-fame broadcaster. What Peca has to say holds no weight.

Old
08-11-2012, 08:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
Coburn and Timonen would be top pairing D in Philly even if they had Bouwmeester.

And you're just missing and refusing to actually address the point. Bouw at $6.68m cap hit, and the players that most Flames fan expect to receive from the Flyers, does not add up. I'm not saying Cola is a 1st pairing D. But he is a realistic and FREE replacement for Meszaros.

If Holmgren was really willing to move Couts, we'd have a lot more options on top pairing D.
Yes but to say Cola~Jbo is just wrong, you may not want him at the price that is fine but don't try to make him sound bad because you don't want him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Someone with such an high level of expertise and insight into the game and players, like Mike Peca, should be a permanent fixture on broadcasts. Why isn't he? Oh yeah, because he has no credibility. Don't like guys that make up **** to try and score cheap points. Mike Peca is no different than Matthew Barnaby in that regard. Jesus, those two make Nick Kypreos look like a hall-of-fame broadcaster. What Peca has to say holds no weight.
What he says holds a hell of a lot more weight than what you, a fan, says!

Dealwithit.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Bouwmeester

Has played in 18 playoff games since he first started playing junior hockey back in 1998-1999. In those 18 games, all in the 2005 AHL playoffs, he got 0 points. This is after he had 6 goals and 9 points in 18 regular season AHL games.

The last 3 times he represented his country (19 games), he has 0 points.

He's soft as can be, and, in my opinion (along with many others), does not have that it mentality that so many star players possess. Or ones that say out-perform their skillset because of their mental aptitude. He does not strike me as the player who rises to the occasion, such as in the playoffs.

He has regressed offensively since his Florida days, and while he might skate fast and have a good stick, he's 6'4/215+ lbs and plays like he's the size of Kimmo Timonen.

All while carrying a $6.68M cap-hit for the next 2 years.

Do. Not. Want.

Old
08-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Kingler

Well regardless of what Peca said, Calgary is going to get a heck of a pay day for Bouwmeester. With the amount of premium placed on defenseman and the available cap space of teams heading into the season, its hard not to see a GM or two out there "stupidly" overpay for him

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
Bouwmeester Average Production Last 3 seasons:
-4G, 23A 82GP -9 +/-
-only 71 hits for a guy who is supposed to be a physical presence
-Zero NHL Playoff experience

Colaiacovo:
-5G, 21A, 65GP +4 +/-
-67 Hits for a guy who is fragile
-7 GP in the playoffs LY, 11 total (still not good)
Oh goody! Another batch of numbers to look at. We all know that's the only way to measure up a hockey players ability. Go get Carlo if you want him. No one else seems too so he's available.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingler View Post
Well regardless of what Peca said, Calgary is going to get a heck of a pay day for Bouwmeester. With the amount of premium placed on defenseman and the available cap space of teams heading into the season, its hard not to see a GM or two out there "stupidly" overpay for him
Philly.

Holmer knows that he needs defense.

He'll end up overpaying for Bouwmeester big time after missing out on Weber and Meszaros being out long term.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:33 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Bouwmeester

Has played in 18 playoff games since he first started playing junior hockey back in 1998-1999. In those 18 games, all in the 2005 AHL playoffs, he got 0 points. This is after he had 6 goals and 9 points in 18 regular season AHL games.

The last 3 times he represented his country (19 games), he has 0 points.

He's soft as can be, and, in my opinion (along with many others), does not have that it mentality that so many star players possess. Or ones that say out-perform their skillset because of their mental aptitude. He does not strike me as the player who rises to the occasion, such as in the playoffs.

He has regressed offensively since his Florida days, and while he might skate fast and have a good stick, he's 6'4/215+ lbs and plays like he's the size of Kimmo Timonen.

All while carrying a $6.68M cap-hit for the next 2 years.

Do. Not. Want.
This is as mean as Bouwmeester gets.

http://youtu.be/_x-inpGU4ew

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:34 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
This is as mean as Bouwmeester gets.

http://youtu.be/_x-inpGU4ew
Check out his cross check on Hemsky.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Philly.

He'll end up overpaying for Bouwmeester big time after missing out on Weber and Meszaros being out long term.
doubtful about holmgren overpaying. homer doesn't allow frustration to overcome what he thinks is a reasonable price. he usually makes other gm's overpay in a trade. if he does get j-bo, he'll get him for a reasonable price. your avatar creeps me out.

Frodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
link?

Old
08-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Video?

If you search "Jay Bouwmeester hit" on youtube only 1 video comes up.

Old
08-11-2012, 09:42 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Philly.

Why on earth would Holmgren overpay?

If he gives up a defender, then he doesnt solve the issue of fixing depth on defence.

If he gives up a roster forward (or two), then he destroys his teams biggest strength-- offensive depth.

There is a 0% chance that Holmgren overpays for Bouwmeester because any trade that would be considered "overpayment" would make the Flyers a mediocre team.

The Flyers wont acquire Bouwmeester unless it's for a package involving draft picks and Eric Gustafsson. I would be shocked (and disappointed) if anything else transpires.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:42 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Nice to know he can dish something out for how many times he gets laid out.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Krishna

"What a great hit by Bouwmeester!" said no one ever

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Why on earth would Holmgren overpay?

If he gives up a defender, then he doesnt solve the issue of fixing depth on defence.

If he gives up a roster forward (or two), then he destroys his teams biggest strength-- offensive depth.

There is a 0% chance that Holmgren overpays for Bouwmeester because any trade that would be considered "overpayment" would make the Flyers a mediocre team.

The Flyers wont acquire Bouwmeester unless it's for a package involving draft picks and Eric Gustafsson. I would be shocked (and disappointed) if anything else transpires.
right. holmgren is too smart to overpay for a player like that. I'm confident he won't make a senseless trade. he very well could be eyeing up a different defender. the article is so ridiculous.