HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Byfuglien to Blackhawks

Old
08-10-2012, 01:59 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Byfuglien to Blackhawks

What would it take? Preference would be to deal picks/prospects. I'd love for Oduya and/or Emery to part of the deal too if we could fit them in.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:02 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What would it take? Preference would be to deal picks/prospects. I'd love for Oduya and/or Emery to part of the deal too if we could fit them in.
Really what incentive do the Jets have to trade him. Why would the Jets ever be willing to take Oduya and Emery in a deal for him unless you have giving up extreme over payment.

I just don't think you'd be willing to offer enough to make it worth the Jets while .

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Really what incentive do the Jets have to trade him. Why would the Jets ever be willing to take Oduya and Emery in a deal for him unless you have giving up extreme over payment.

I just don't think you'd be willing to offer enough to make it worth the Jets while .
Well, that's why I ask, I want to know what you want. Oduya/Emery would certainly only be a small part of what would be coming your way. Just take them out of the equation if they have no value whatsoever to you, I would understand.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
jamiebez

vCash: 500
Really tough call. Very difficult to gauge Buff's value since he's so valuable in some ways (piling up points) and such a liability in others (everything else).

Our needs are:
1. defensive depth
2. a 2nd line RW
3. goalie depth

Trading Buff makes #1 way, way worse. I can't see a deal for him where we don't get a big-minute defenseman back - either offensive or defensive. Oduya's not either of those things, he's just.... there.

jamiebez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Why would this make any sense whatsoever for Winnipeg though? You want them to trade their top pairing defenseman for picks, prospects, and Oduya/Emery? Trading Byfuglien would open too big of a hole for Winnipeg to fill. If you ask me, you'll need to send Sharp their way for them to even consider it.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Well, that's why I ask, I want to know what you want. Oduya/Emery would certainly only be a small part of what would be coming your way. Just take them out of the equation if they have no value whatsoever to you, I would understand.
The Jets just traded Oduya to Chicago last season, don't think there's really any interest in bringing him back at the cost of Byfuglien.

It would cost a roster player for sure, and not in the Oduya/Emery vein. There's also no need for Emery in Winnipeg with Pavelec, Montoya, Dekanich already there.

I don't think a deal could be worked out that would suit both teams, but I would have to think that Sharp would have to be included at a minimum. The picks, even 1sts, would be late rounders, and the prospects I would suggest have been shot down in numerous threads involving Chicago I've seen on here. The hole on the roster would be too huge to trade him for just picks/prospects.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

I'm thinking something like Hjalmarsson and Sharp for Byfuglien and Little. I dunno though.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
The Jets just traded Oduya to Chicago last season, don't think there's really any interest in bringing him back at the cost of Byfuglien.

It would cost a roster player for sure, and not in the Oduya/Emery vein. There's also no need for Emery in Winnipeg with Pavelec, Montoya, Dekanich already there.

I don't think a deal could be worked out that would suit both teams, but I would have to think that Sharp would have to be included at a minimum. The picks, even 1sts, would be late rounders, and the prospects I would suggest have been shot down in numerous threads involving Chicago I've seen on here. The hole on the roster would be too huge to trade him for just picks/prospects.
Fair enough but I'd still like to see a proposed trade. And the bolded, why the hell do people keep saying that? We pick smack dab in the middle of the draft.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:20 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I'm thinking something like Hjalmarsson and Sharp for Byfuglien and Little. I dunno though.
What would be the point of Sharp? He turns 31 in December. I would think they'd rather have Saad or TT.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:20 PM
gdsmack267

Not sure why any team would request him and his overpaid salary to play defense. I love when my team plays the Jets and hes on the ice because he is a complete disaster defensively. One of the laziest guys in the league on the back check and leaves his D partner out to dry all the time.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:21 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Not sure why any team would request him and his overpaid salary to play defense. I love when my team plays the Jets and hes on the ice because he is a complete disaster defensively. One of the laziest guys in the league on the back check and leaves his D partner out to dry all the time.
I wouldn't put him on D, ever, if we got him. I would certainly hope he'd be a forward for us.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
No thanks. Don't need him on defense and he doesn't bring it often enough as a forward.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:34 PM
hockeydoug

If he doesn't come with a membership to Weight watchers for men that lasts the duration of his contract, keep him in Winnepeg.

He's going to be 28 next season, and while that's a prime spot for most players, his offseason prep (lack of) means he might have peaked a while ago. 5.2x 4 makes him too expensive to justify since his only real value to Chicago would be shots from up top and outside on the pp. He's very inneffective down low on the pp against decent physical dmen and he's a bad defender. I don't trust him to stay healthy for 4 years anyway. Way too expensive for an offensive role player on a team with plenty of offense.

Not worth acquiring unless moving Montador and Frolik, even then I don't care for the trade much as they'll be out of the way and I want no part of a 30 year (or more) old Buff.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:50 PM
TurdFerguson

I was never upset that we traded buff and still don't regret it. I never wanted to trade Ladd

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 02:56 PM
coldsteelonice84

Yeah, I figured since he blew up, maybe the cost wouldn't be so bad, but it looks like it hasn't changed anything. I'd do something like Stalberg + Morin and a high pick for him, but if that is not enough, then forget it.

Old
08-10-2012, 03:02 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

What is this? Like.. really?

First, as if Oduya would be included in a deal when Winnipeg just traded him at the deadline - meaning he wasn't going to resign there or Winnipeg wasn't going to resign him. Second, why would Chicago take Buff back? He's making 5M+ against the cap and was ridiculously inconsistent as a forward, which would be the only reason Chicago would trade for him, to put him back at forward.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Henrik To Daniel

kane for byfuglien

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:45 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
kane for byfuglien
I see what you did there

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Hawkaholic

No thanks.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Byfuglien deal aside, I'd love to have Oduya back. He was one of my favorite players when he was in Winnipeg.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
What would be the point of Sharp? He turns 31 in December. I would think they'd rather have Saad or TT.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to me like Winnipeg is looking to make a playoff push rather than re-build. Sharp gives them a legit 1st line talent for the next 4 seasons.

Quote:
I wouldn't put him on D, ever, if we got him. I would certainly hope he'd be a forward for us.
The guy has put up back to back 53 point seasons from the blueline, that's a pretty impressive feat. I may experiment with him on forward from time to time, but he seems like a more effective player patroling from the back end.

Old
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to me like Winnipeg is looking to make a playoff push rather than re-build. Sharp gives them a legit 1st line talent for the next 4 seasons.

The guy has put up back to back 53 point seasons from the blueline, that's a pretty impressive feat. I may experiment with him on forward from time to time, but he seems like a more effective player patroling from the back end.
As a jets fan, I would def do that trade.

Doesn't sharp have a NTC?

Old
08-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Hawkaholic

Yes, he does. And CHI sure as hell wouldnt trade him for Buff.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

We won't get Buff for scraps, we have no interest in trading Sharp for Buff +

this makes no sense

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 05:17 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Byfuglien deal aside, I'd love to have Oduya back. He was one of my favorite players when he was in Winnipeg.
I'm pretty sure you have him mixed up with his killer stache.