HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino to the Pens

Old
08-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bWo View Post
what about calgary. him and baertschi (i still cant spell his name).
Don't worry, you spelled it correctly.

As for Nino, does anyone know if he's for sure 100% starting off in Bridgeport this year?

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Bonesy99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post

As for Nino, does anyone know if he's for sure 100% starting off in Bridgeport this year?
I am pretty sure it is just assumed. The pens do not really need to work on their offense, they were the highest scoring team last year. They lost staal but hopefully have gained Sid for a whole season which will just balance that off. They need some defensive minded D men to balance out the offensive prospects coming through the system.

I also do not understand the "it has to be overpayment" factor. If a trade makes sense for both sides so both teams fill a position of weakness with a strength then it could easily be a balanced trade.

Just look at Washington giving Vokoun to the pens this year. They knew he was not staying so instead of letting him walk where other teams could have been in on him, they let him talk to a team he wanted and then traded him to one of there biggest rivals. Sometimes it can just make sense to make a trade.

Bonesy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Spitsfan67*

To Pens:Niño

To Islanders:Tom Kuhnhackle
Scott Harrington

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Honour Over Glory

After what happened between the two franchises, I don't see the Pens trading anything to the Islanders and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post

Scott Harrington
Yeah...no. I don't see the Isles developing that kid properly, which is a real shame.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:21 AM
luiginb

Here's 2 franchises that really like eachother lately

However, for a number of reasons, both should entertain the thought of a Martin for Nino swap.

luiginb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 03:34 AM
wej20

Isles shouldn't trade him while his value is low and he wouldn't help the Pens next year.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 05:59 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:

In Snow and Morrow's comments it sure sounds like he's Bridgeport bound, with
the older Cizikas/Donovan and Ullstrom expected to make the move from Bridgeport to LI.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 06:02 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Scott Harrington
Counter offer: Persson + Pedan for Depres.

Old
08-11-2012, 06:04 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiginb View Post

However, for a number of reasons, both should entertain the thought of a Martin for Nino swap.
Isles won't give up one of their top kids, for a $5m per struggling Martin.

That's pure fantasy.

Old
08-11-2012, 06:23 AM
SwissLeaf

Quote:

Bärtschi is correct spelled.

I'd love to see both of them in blue and white, but this will never happen.

SwissLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 06:40 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
It needs to be a lot more than Erixon and Despres, respectively, to get Nino.

Though if he goes anywhere, I'd like to see him go to Columbus to play with Johansen. Or Johansen can come to Long Island
Not really. When you really stink in your first NHL season, your value goes down, alot. You are suggesting his value is still similar, to as when he was drafted.

I'd be shocked if either team offered those players for Nino, at this point.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:02 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Not really. When you really stink in your first NHL season, your value goes down, alot. You are suggesting his value is still similar, to as when he was drafted.

I'd be shocked if either team offered those players for Nino, at this point.
Good thing the isles aren't shopping the 19 yr old then, isn't it?

Old
08-11-2012, 07:41 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Good thing the isles aren't shopping the 19 yr old then, isn't it?
They shouldn't shop him right now. But if he doesn't pick it up soon, he is going to have Filatov/Pouliot value.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:35 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
They shouldn't shop him right now. But if he doesn't pick it up soon, he is going to have Filatov/Pouliot value.

There has not been 1 credible source that the isles want to move Nino. The closest thing to a rumor was predaft, when a Flames beatwriter suggested they offer Snow their 14th overall. His guest was the blogger Mirtle. Mirtle brushed aside the idea that Snow would be looking to move Nino, explaining he'd talked to NYI scout Kenny Morrow about the struggling Nino.

The isles rightfully realize that rushing a 19 yr old into the league and leaving him there to struggle, was their mistake. Not Nino's.

Time in Bridgeport has reallly helped MacDonald, Donovan and De haan's games.
Nino turns 20 in Sept.

Next yr should be a good Bridgeport team with Nelson,Kabanov and Nino getting a ton of top 6 icetime.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Niederreiter's coming off a brutal season, but the Islanders are still high on him and have high hopes for his future. So the risk (bad season and unsure whether it's an anomaly or a sign of things to come) at this moment in time isn't worth the price (Isles still high on him) it'll cost to land him.

Besides, if the Pens are looking for a solution on the wing, I'd hope Shero would aim for someone more established. No sense paying a big price to land someone who may or may not pan out, and who is coming off one of the worst rookie seasons (among non-goons) in recent memory.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:17 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiginb View Post

no they shouldnt.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:19 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Simon Despres. I know it's not a price that a lot of Pens fans would like, but...

1.) The Islanders have a LOT of great defence prospects, even before this last draft...which added a whole draft's worth. Furthermore, it seems like Ness, De Haan, and Donovan are NHL-ready.
2.) Bearing in mind the already considerable glut of prospects in the pipeline, I'd bet that the Isles would be adverse to receiving someone like Paul Martin, due to his contract.
3.) You've really got to pay if you want a top prospect winger from a team within the division.

So yeah, Simon Despres is the only one that makes sense from an Isles point-of-view, or maybe a #2 centre if you have one. Otherwise I don't think there's much of an incentive for the Isles here.
No thank you. Nino's value hasn't dropped all that much in my eyes. He will be fine. Not gonna sell low, and not gonna trade him within the division. Now if you throw Malkin's name out there? You can have Nino, Hamonic, our #1 the next 2 years and your choice of Grabner and Okposo

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:33 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
No thank you. Nino's value hasn't dropped all that much in my eyes. He will be fine. Not gonna sell low, and not gonna trade him within the division. Now if you throw Malkin's name out there? You can have Nino, Hamonic, our #1 the next 2 years and your choice of Grabner and Okposo
Is it any wonder that other fanbases, have missed you Milbury?

Old
08-11-2012, 11:36 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:

Scott Harrington
If you seriously think the Isles would trade the 5th pick in the draft who is 19 and has a ton of talent for that crap you're completely insane

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Willis88

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
If we were to trade Nino I would do it for a package for an established player. We dont need anymore prospects at this point.
You won't receive that with his current value. Not at all.

Willis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

Scott Harrington
I am greatly amused by the number of Pens fans trying to "trade up" to get a blue chip prospect by offering Harrington as though he should be welcomed with open arms by any other organization. It's like us trying to offer Chaput or Reilly.

Here's a hint - those sorts of flavor-of-the-month prospects have value to you and your organization, and that's it. Offering them in deals to others as though others should equally value them is generally a fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
You won't receive that with his current value. Not at all.
Which would likely be why they evidently have no interest in trading him at this time.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I am greatly amused by the number of Pens fans trying to "trade up" to get a blue chip prospect by offering Harrington as though he should be welcomed with open arms by any other organization. It's like us trying to offer Chaput or Reilly.

Here's a hint - those sorts of flavor-of-the-month prospects have value to you and your organization, and that's it. Offering them in deals to others as though others should equally value them is generally a fail.

I'm sure plenty of teams would value Harrington, he's a very good prospect and a second round pick coming off a terrific year in junior and a strong performance at the WJCs. Obviously he's not going to be the main chip in a trade for a guy like Niederreiter, but lots of teams would welcome him with open arms. You'd think we were talking about Ben Lovejoy from the tone of your post. I'd also say a guy that's done nothing but thrive since he was drafted last summer probably isn't a flavor of the month, but hey, whatever.

I guess you would've found Brian Dumoulin being part of the package that landed Jordan Staal to be laughable, too?

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Parise9Crosby87

how about josh bailey to the penguins

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Honour Over Glory

Shero won't trade with the Isles unless he completely fleeces them. I think we'd be lying to ourselves if we didn't think Shero was pissed off with how that game went down. Tangradi was attacked, their goaltender started something with an uber pest and then got KO'd in the most hilarious way which was stupid on his part given his injury history.

I would love to get Nino and have him get back on track with the Pens, that would be nice but it won't happen. As for Bailey, if Shero got a 1st line winger for Staal, I'd say sure...but I don't see Bailey as anything more than a 3rd line player, which sucks because I really thought that kid was going to be a top 6 player.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:29 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Shero won't trade with the Isles unless he completely fleeces them. I think we'd be lying to ourselves if we didn't think Shero was pissed off with how that game went down. Tangradi was attacked, their goaltender started something with an uber pest and then got KO'd in the most hilarious way which was stupid on his part given his injury history.

I would love to get Nino and have him get back on track with the Pens, that would be nice but it won't happen. As for Bailey, if Shero got a 1st line winger for Staal, I'd say sure...but I don't see Bailey as anything more than a 3rd line player, which sucks because I really thought that kid was going to be a top 6 player.
A GM that holds grudges is a GM you do not want running your team.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote