HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2012, 11:48 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Even if Boyce is on the team, they'll remain fairly young and inexperienced

My lines for now
Geoffrion-Leblanc-Palushaj
Quailer-Bournival-Gallagher
Dumont-Holland-Blunden
Boyce-Nattinen-Stortini
Hagel

So no more room for Avtsin, Lefebvre, Berger, Farnham and MacAulay, except if the Dogs want to keep more than 13 forwards.
Holland is a winger if Im not wrong.. I would rather have Nattinen centering the third line..

Old
10-06-2012, 12:43 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Even if Boyce is on the team, they'll remain fairly young and inexperienced

My lines for now
Dumont-Holland-Blunden
Boyce-Nattinen-Stortini
Hagel

So no more room for Avtsin, Lefebvre, Berger, Farnham and MacAulay, except if the Dogs want to keep more than 13 forwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Holland is a winger if Im not wrong.. I would rather have Nattinen centering the third line..
Holland is a good center & playmaker that will give the Bulldogs three lines capable of scoring.The 3rd & 4th lines will be really good checking lines.The 4th line with two veterans that combined with Nattinen's faceoff and checking abilities will play havoc with whatever line they play.It sounds like the coaches are planning to run four lines and all of them very capable of playing strong two-way hockey.Hamilton despite their team youth and lack of professional experience,may be the surprise team in the AHL as long as they stick to the gameplan.There is an abundance of very solid team players with character and they to a man hate losing,it promises to be a great season IMHO.

Old
10-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs12max View Post
lol this has to be a joke.. the team has a lot of offense.
I'm sorry to single out this Quote. But, as general question, whom on
this years Hamilton team has the most points in an AHL season ? (or of course,
an NHL season, or even a European Pro season}
In a year when the league may have more than the normal talent
level, where is the scoring on the Dogs coming from ?

Old
10-06-2012, 05:49 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
The Bulldogs offence will come mostly from the hard checking top six.Hamilton will be playing a low scoring,tight checking brand of hockey with Cedric Desjardins stealing games for them in goal.They may be a young team but all of the players are out to earn an opportunity to play in the NHL,I won't be surprised when they are fighting for a playoff spot in March.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:16 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Yes he is.
The only guy I'm not sure is Leblanc. Everyone has him centering the top line and we all know he was a center in lower level execpt last year in the AHL-NHL. Maybe they really want to see what he can do at center.

To me, my line up would be like this:

Avstin-Leblanc-Palushaj-I still beleive in Avstin, he needs top minutes to gain confidence.
Geoffrion-Bournival-Gallagher
Quailer-Nattinen-Holland
Boyce-Dumont-Blunden
Stortini-Hagel

Old
10-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Guilliam

Holland is capable of playing any of the forward position. And Avtsin doesn't deserve to be on the first line.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:21 AM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Yes he is.
The only guy I'm not sure is Leblanc. Everyone has him centering the top line and we all know he was a center in lower level execpt last year in the AHL-NHL. Maybe they really want to see what he can do at center.

To me, my line up would be like this:

Avstin-Leblanc-Palushaj-I still beleive in Avstin, he needs top minutes to gain confidence.
Quailer-Nattinen-Holland
Boyce-Dumont-Blunden
Stortini-Hagel
Patrick Holland has and can play all three forward positions in any situation. His first year with Tri-City, he played his off-wing(left side) then play right wing and at times center in his second season. Last year, Holland played center again at times and on the PK as well as important face-offs in his own zone. He also manned the point on the PP to move the puck around and set-up the plays. Holland would also move down the half-wall on the left or right wings to open up the middle of the ice for Brendan Shinnimin (PHX). He's the most versatile forward of the young prospects with Bournival right behind him having played all three positions at times in junior. Quailer is close behind, having played right wing with a lefthanded shot and some center but not to the same importance in a game as Holland. He actually hasn't played much left wing in his NCAA career, mostly right wing. The coaches in Hamilton will have a lot of different looks they can use against different oppositions and game plans with these new young versatile prospects.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:

Avstin-Leblanc-Palushaj
Quailer-Nattinen-Holland
Boyce-Dumont-Blunden
Stortini-Hagel
Id rather see him in the top 6 then avstin .. Let avstin play 3rd line / pp he doesnt play well without the puck id rather him not play against top 6. Im a fan of Quailer but I wouldnt mind seeing Holland get top 6 either

Old
10-06-2012, 12:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Ffs. I don't care about Game of thrones.
Game of Thrones is the best show on tv imo. The books are outstanding.

Quote:
According to RDS, the Bulldogs have signed Darryl Boyce to a PTO (25 games try-out)
I like it though, should be interesting to see how the Dogs do this year, but they should be a hard working team that doesn't get pushed around.

Quote:
My lines for now
Dumont-Holland-Blunden
Boyce-Nattinen-Stortini
Hagel

Lines in the AHL change so often (although no NHL callups will help, assuming the lockout goes long) I could see something like,

Quailer-Nattinen-Gallagher
Bournival-Dumont-Blunden
Boyce-Farnham/Holland-Stortini

I think the G-L-P line would be a very good one. While I think Quailer is at his best on the LW. Not sure where Holland fits in, but I wouldn't mind if he was in the ECHL if he cant get a regular spot. I think Dumont would be a good linemate for Bournival, not sure if they prefer either one at center but since both can lineup there it makes it easier on the coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Good. Send the guys that aren't ready (Avtsin/Berger) or will not amount to anything to the ECHL.
I don't think they will send Avtsin to the ECHL, but I do like seeing some kids getting time in the ECHL vs getting little time in the AHL where they look overmatched. Could be really good down the road for guys like Stejskal Schultz and Berger if he does end up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I think Avtsin will just go back to Russia.
He might have a hard time finding a team, plus he's under contract so the Habs would have to let him, which I don't see why they wouldn't as it wouldn't be much of a loss and could end up benefiting him as maybe he could get his confidence and game back on track since he really struggled last year.

The one guy he looked good with was Leblanc, so it will be interesting to see if the new coaching staff puts them together at some point to see if he can get Avtsin going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Yup. And the ECHL should be a much better league this season. On top of the players who have already been sent down, maybe it would be a good idea to have Holland play top line minutes in Wheeling, at least at the start of the season?
With 4 rookies at forward (Gallagher/Bournival/Holland/Quailer) I do wonder if all of them would be able to get a regular shift or not, so if not then I'd be all for a trip to the ECHL as I'd much rather see them get ice time vs playing limited minutes with grinders. So if Holland ends up in the ECHL it could be good for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Maybe the Bulldogs keep Avtsin if they think he can help the PP? There aren't too many offensive weapons in this forward corps: Leblanc, Gallagher, Palushaj, Geoffrion, then maybe Dumont and Bournival, maybe they think Nattinen can stand in front of the net like he did for Finland... I think they'd rather have another potentially dynamic player in the mix. I'm not sure Avtsyn is that player, but they seem short on skilled forwards to gamble on.

If Avtsin is still having trouble at even strength, maybe you double shift Geoffrion and Palushaj (it might be good for his future to keep giving him experience on both wings anyway) often in that spot.
I would expect Leblanc and Palushaj to be on the top PP. Nattinen, Gallagher, Geoffrion should be used on the PP as well. Quailer is a guy I would use on the PP as well.

Quote:
I haven't seen much of in the dub, but he was on the RW and the point on the PP, I know he like many of the Dogs forwards can play all 3 forward positions, which makes doing lineups really tough cause so many can line up anywhere. Gives the coaching staff a lot of options though.

I'm interested to see what the plan is for Nattinen. I didn't like what I saw last year until he started to pick it up in the 2nd half. I don't think I'd have him on the 3rd line, if that's the line the team is going to use to be more of a shutdown role. I like Bournival/Dumont/Blunden as they are quick and always working hard/moving their feet. I do wonder if the new coaching staff will put Nattinen in a more offensive role, and I would think they wouldn't want to put an all rookie line out there (although that's a total guess on my part since coaches don't usually like to use a all rookie line to start the season)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
Palushaj was a PPG last season and Leblanc before the callup was heating up as one of the top scorers on the team, so I would think they will be heavily relied upon to produce. Hopefully one or two of the rookies can contribute secondary scoring as well. The team might struggle to produce a lot of offense again this season but they should be a hard working team. Should be a good experience for the first year players, with the higher level of competition.

Quote:
Quailer-Nattinen-Holland
Boyce-Dumont-Blunden
Stortini-Hagel
I would be shocked to see Avtsin on the top line but it would be interesting to see what he could do with Leblanc again. The problem is that in the past he has been mostly useless, just can't do anything of value which gets very frustrating to watch. But with a new year and new coaching staff, we'll see what they have in store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
Quailer is close behind, having played right wing with a lefthanded shot and some center but not to the same importance in a game as Holland. He actually hasn't played much left wing in his NCAA career, mostly right wing. The coaches in Hamilton will have a lot of different looks they can use against different oppositions and game plans with these new young versatile prospects.
Quailer never played center in a regulation game to my knowledge, only in pratice and the one exhibition game where he got a cheap shot and injured his knee. As far as I know he spent all of last season at LW, in the games I saw he was at LW and looked the best i'd seen him play in any of the 3 years I saw him at NU. I hope they put him at LW but I agree the coaches in Hamilton will have a lot of different looks they can us if they want to.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:24 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Yea Quailer played LW last season. I don't know why you would say he didn't.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:36 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Geoffrion - Leblanc - Palushaj
Quailer - Blunden/Dumont - Gallagher
Holland - Dumont/Blunden - Bournival
Boyce - Nattinen - Stortini
(I'd still try to give Bournival a lot of faceoffs and as soon as Leblanc or Blunden gets called up, he takes the 3rd line center spot, while Dumont moves up)

Old
10-06-2012, 03:43 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Geoffrion - Leblanc - Palushaj
Quailer - Blunden/Dumont - Gallagher
Holland - Dumont/Blunden - Bournival
Boyce - Nattinen - Stortini
(I'd still try to give Bournival a lot of faceoffs and as soon as Leblanc or Blunden gets called up, he takes the 3rd line center spot, while Dumont moves up)
I'd probably have nattinen at the 2nd center spot. He's one of the few guys on Hamilton who might actually become a center at the NHL level. Love dumont, but I see his place being on the wing if he ever makes it.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'd probably have nattinen at the 2nd center spot. He's one of the few guys on Hamilton who might actually become a center at the NHL level. Love dumont, but I see his place being on the wing if he ever makes it.
I agree

Old
10-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
From what I hear he looked confident in the scrimmages, I agree he's our best bet for 2C between having experience and NHL upside.

Quailer-Nattinen-Gallagher
Holland-Bournival-Dumont/Blunden
Boyce-Farnham-Stortini/Blunden

Possibly switching around Gallagher and Palushaj to balance out the experience, especially if Gallagher shows immediate promise.

I'd like to see Holland and Bournival play together too.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:41 PM
habsturies

any stream for today's game?
People from overseas like me don't got too much choices...

Old
10-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsturies View Post
any stream for today's game?
People from overseas like me don't got too much choices...
It's from a small arena in a small town, so I am going to guess no...

http://cham.player.amri.ca/ for your radio feed.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:08 PM
habsturies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
It's from a small arena in a small town, so I am going to guess no...

http://cham.player.amri.ca/ for your radio feed.
thanks anyway !

Old
10-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Et le But

I turn on the radio and the first thing I hear is Dumont going after Kadri

Old
10-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Andy

Because of this lockout, I am just as excited for this bulldogs game as I am for the Habs games!

Old
10-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Andy

Goal! Bulldogs

McCauley from Bluden and Tinordi I think.

EDIT: McCauley from Palushaj.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Goal! Bulldogs

McCauley from Bluden and Tinordi I think.

EDIT: McCauley from Gagner.
Palushaj also got an assist.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Andy

Palushaj just missed a good chance. Announcers said that Palushaj told him that he put on 10 pounds of muscle in the off-season.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Andy

Doesn't appear that Bournival or Leblanc is playing.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I turn on the radio and the first thing I hear is Dumont going after Kadri
*searching for a fat joke*

Would like to know what the lines are...

Old
10-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Andy

Hagel is fighting. Appearntly got nailed. Hit his on the ice, trainer has come down. A lot of blood on the ice.

Closed Thread