HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2012, 10:41 AM
  #776
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Can some of you who watched the game give us your thoughts!
Glad to see them pull off a win against a rival. Thought they easily outplayed GR but some mistakes cost them.

Liked what I saw from Gallagher, Bourinval, Pateryn among the rookies. Thought St-Denis was the best player for the Dogs, looked great as expected. Palushaj/Leblanc generated a few chances. Dogs had a good balanced attack all game long.

On defense, didn't notice Beaulieu much, and the PP looked shaky but overall a solid debut for the rookie blueliners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
What did rick dudley say about bulldogs during the second intermission on tsn 690?
He spoke a little about each prospect. Said he was really impressed with Gallagher, the way Dumont plays, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
On the AHL website it show that Bournival and Holland are not rookies this year..... anyone can explain this to me?
It's got to be a mistake since they are rookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
How was the Hagel vs Callahan fight?

Its surprising too to see Quailer drop the glove with Grant too. I hope he did ok!!
Hagel got a good one in on that d bag Callahan.

Quailer didn't have much choice as he was jumped, although I thought it was Callahan that jumped him not Grant.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:47 AM
  #777
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Glad to see them pull off a win against a rival. Thought they easily outplayed GR but some mistakes cost them.

Liked what I saw from Gallagher, Bourinval, Pateryn among the rookies. Thought St-Denis was the best player for the Dogs, looked great as expected. Palushaj/Leblanc generated a few chances. Dogs had a good balanced attack all game long.

On defense, didn't notice Beaulieu much, and the PP looked shaky but overall a solid debut for the rookie blueliners.



He spoke a little about each prospect. Said he was really impressed with Gallagher, the way Dumont plays, etc....



It's got to be a mistake since they are rookies.



Hagel got a good one in on that d bag Callahan.

Quailer didn't have much choice as he was jumped, although I thought it was Callahan that jumped him not Grant.
thx for the review my camarade

bud12 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 12:57 PM
  #778
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,542
vCash: 567
Have the dogs named a new team captain yet

donghabs98 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 01:01 PM
  #779
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Regarding Beaulieu: its good that they are not happy with his performances. Being pushed is good as long as you communicate with the person properly. Every person takes in criticism differently. Best is for him to learn from his own mistakes. Too much intervention can be harmful and destroy confidence.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 01:04 PM
  #780
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Have the dogs named a new team captain yet
No, only St-Denis, Blunden & Boyce as A.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 01:05 PM
  #781
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,803
vCash: 500
Extremely happy to hear about Pateryn. Always been intrigued by him and Bennett (can't wait to see him in the AHL next year!). Hope he keeps it up.

Gabe84 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 01:06 PM
  #782
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
How was the Hagel vs Callahan fight?

Its surprising too to see Quailer drop the glove with Grant too. I hope he did ok!!
Here's both fights.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Gam...08#Fight368708

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 01:56 PM
  #783
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,470
vCash: 500
Sooooo my girlfriend got me tickets to the home opener verus the Marlies for our 1 year anniversary.

Suffice to say I love her.


That Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 02:26 PM
  #784
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
Qualier got his first professional fight.

Callahan got a double minor for butt-ending, so Hagel did his job with him. Huggy bear didn't do his job with Grant. Though, both got points.

Analyzer* is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 03:14 PM
  #785
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Qualier got his first professional fight.

Callahan got a double minor for butt-ending, so Hagel did his job with him. Huggy bear didn't do his job with Grant. Though, both got points.
never liked Sucktini.I would prefer Schultz even if is on a Big Buff diet......

bud12 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 04:15 PM
  #786
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I actually thought Hagel was a pretty good player. Good skater, physical and decent hockey sense.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 06:44 PM
  #787
AllanMTL46
Registered User
 
AllanMTL46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Country: Canada
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
A bit dissapointed in Leblanc. Thought he'd come out with a strong start. Hope he bounces back. Surprised in Bournival, kid is showing some positive change in his game. Mayer a bit dissapointing also back there.

AllanMTL46 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 06:55 PM
  #788
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
The cream will rise to the top. Lets see if Leblanc is part of that.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 07:03 PM
  #789
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
A bit dissapointed in Leblanc. Thought he'd come out with a strong start. Hope he bounces back. Surprised in Bournival, kid is showing some positive change in his game. Mayer a bit dissapointing also back there.
Bournival has always played that, he has one gear.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:17 PM
  #790
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Bournival has always played that, he has one gear.
You mean he has 1 gear as in he's slow or that he has the extra gear? He has a good 1st step.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:22 PM
  #791
Ryan O'Byrne
Registered User
 
Ryan O'Byrne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
one gear as in full steam ahead at all times is my guess

Ryan O'Byrne is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:25 PM
  #792
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
one gear as in full steam ahead at all times is my guess
That's why I want him captain, and he did just win a Cup. 'Dogs lack veteran presence but like half of our rookies were in the mem cup playoffs last year and went deep, but only one of them captained his team to the cup.


Last edited by poetryinmotion: 10-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.
poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:38 PM
  #793
capebretoncanadien
Registered User
 
capebretoncanadien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
one gear as in full steam ahead at all times is my guess
Just what we want. No passengers!!

capebretoncanadien is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:40 PM
  #794
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That's why I want him captain, and he did just win a Cup. 'Dogs lack veteran presence but like half of our rookies were in the mem cup playoffs last year and went deep, but only one of them captained his team to the cup.
Wasn't Tinordi a captain too?

Pax Macioretty is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
  #795
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Wasn't Tinordi a captain too?
Yes, Gallagher and Ellis were also captains.

bcv is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:53 PM
  #796
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Didnt you know? Josh Gorges.....

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:59 PM
  #797
DogsFan*
GHG
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Didnt you know? Josh Gorges.....
Thats just an HF myth. He was never a captain of anything and there is no proof.

DogsFan* is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 12:39 AM
  #798
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,638
vCash: 500
Great to have news on the Bulldogs for those who saw the games (stream). Can't wait for the Oct.20 game!! (most Montreal bars should be showing it I assume).

About Bulldogs ice-time...couldn't find a boxscore on TSN/AHL or Bulldogs final game score page, so...I'll assume Beaulieu is getting #5-6 dman minutes...Tinordi maybe #4 minutes? And Ellis is nursing a minor injury?

I'll try to find out if there is a boxscore indicating every player's ice-minutes...espn? tsn (ahl)?...

Go Bulldogs Go!!

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:00 AM
  #799
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I'll try to find out if there is a boxscore indicating every player's ice-minutes...espn? tsn (ahl)?...
Don't waste your time, it's not on the AHL website, so it's not somewhere else.

habsprospects is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
  #800
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Great to have news on the Bulldogs for those who saw the games (stream). Can't wait for the Oct.20 game!! (most Montreal bars should be showing it I assume).

About Bulldogs ice-time...couldn't find a boxscore on TSN/AHL or Bulldogs final game score page, so...I'll assume Beaulieu is getting #5-6 dman minutes...Tinordi maybe #4 minutes? And Ellis is nursing a minor injury?

I'll try to find out if there is a boxscore indicating every player's ice-minutes...espn? tsn (ahl)?...

Go Bulldogs Go!!

Beaulieu was getting first pairing minutes with St-Denis and first PP but no PK at all
Tinordi was playing on the second pairing with no PP and 1st PK with Pateryn and yes Ellis is still hurt.


Last edited by EveryDay: 10-15-2012 at 07:52 AM.
EveryDay is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.