Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

French L1 2012/13

Old
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Jonimaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Pretty much it. Many suspect a conflict between Ancelotti and Leonardo.
Really hope PSG stays together, and maybe add a few pieces. With Monaco the french league will be very interesting and fun to follow with 2 teams at that level.

How's the opinion of it in France? Over here the media is like, I'd say 90% sure Ancelotti will leave.

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Evilo

Yeah he's as good as gone.
The only possible scenario where he stays is if Leonardo is suspended a long time (PSG appealed) : he would be fired and Ancelotti would be given all the powers.
That looks unlikely anyway.

PSG has an oral agreement with Wenger (for next year) it seems and they are only looking for a 1 year coach.

That said, Ancelotti really didn't shine this year in L1. PSG certainly didn't kill the league even though they should have. He's class and players love him but he didn't impress me with his player and tactical management.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:28 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Of course it's Leonardo's fault. It's someone's fault at the club that they were celebrating while leaving their star player all alone in a room. And in the end, it comes down to Leonardo.
Now, he shouldn't have talked to his boss like that, but we all know that happens in every pro club. Arguments happen every time.
Now except at Barca I'm sure.

Don't try to spew some more ****, PSG players go along well and Ibra is well liked by his teammates.
Leonardo is more of a problem for El-Khalaifi since the shoulder incident with Castro.

Mourinho brings division to lockerroom, and this PSG lockerroom is tight, as can be seen with the fact Ancelotti continued to play the same players over and over, and the players on the bench barely moaned (Menez and Gameiro moaned once, but it quickly cooled off).
Ancelotti stressed this BTW He thanked the backups for supporting the team even when they were not playing. He even said Tiéné's name (not a single game this year).
Pfff. That's laughable. It's natural for the players to celebrate in the locker room like that. Seriously, is someone going to confine them and say "don't celebrated until Zlatan gets back?" Happens with players taking interviews for example. And to say it's Leonardo's responsibility, in his capacity as Director of Football, is a stretch.

Every time? If they happened every time then it probalby wouldn't be an issue or you'd hear about it every time. Fact of the matter is it clearly doesn't happen every time. On top of that, it's Zlatan, and it's in his character and he's got a track record of this sort of thing.

Spew ****? That's your job. Anyway, I never said he didn't get along with his teammates. I said he pulled it right in front of them. There's a difference and he shouldn't have done it.

Mourinho brings drama, unprofessionalism and physically assaults people. Again, he'd fit right in with the likes of Zlatan and Leonardo.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Mourinho brings drama, unprofessionalism and physically assaults people. Again, he'd fit right in with the likes of Zlatan and Leonardo.
Mourinho and Zlatan likes to win, and does everything they can to win. As long as you've got Zlatan on your side in PSG you're fine, and he loves Mourinho. Too bad he went to Chelsea.

Old
06-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Evilo

Every team where Zlatan has played, they've called him a great teammate.
The only exception? Whiny Barca players.
Maybe Barca deserves Mourinho. Would be very successful with the "Us vs the World" mentality.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 03:27 PM
gary69

Quote:
Maybe Barca deserves Mourinho. Would be very successful with the "Us vs the World" mentality.
With Barca's lengthy title celebrations post-match at home (every player gave a speech on the pitch and hanged out with the rest) back when Ibrahimovic was there, a lot of the major players (Iniesta, Xavi etc.) seemed genuinely like Zlatan.

I'd even say he was the most popular guy amongst the players present there at that time. Unlike Rafa Marquez (who had a long Barca career behind him), for example, who was just a sideshow and seemed a forgotten figure.

Granted, it wasn't official (at least in public) that he'd be leaving before the next season, but it definitely didn't seem like players were making a polite gesture rather than Zlatan really being the center figure (or at least one of them) at that event.

Of course only players and manager/coaches know what went on inside the lockerroom and team meetings, but I don't believe Zlatan fell out with many players in Barcelona on personal level.

Professional differences regarding how the team should have played, for sure, but outside of that, he seemed to get along quite well with other players. Even with being a totally different personality to Messi, I'd say that the tensions between them were more of a result of a rivalry for a role/position on the Barca formation.

The differences of opinion with Guardiola was for reason for the fallout first and foremost, not so much the other players.

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Yeah, I thought Pep was the only one to fall out with Ibra. I've never heard of anyone else having a problem with him there.

I think you'd find his Milan teammates may not have been the biggest fans, if anyone.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Yeah, I thought Pep was the only one to fall out with Ibra. I've never heard of anyone else having a problem with him there.

I think you'd find his Milan teammates may not have been the biggest fans, if anyone.
This is it. As a Swede I've obviously read his book. He speaks great about most every player in Barca, and he has contact with most of them, as friends. If you read the pre-interviews with Barca players, they all speak of Zlatan as a guy they like, if they didn't like him, they would just mention him as a good player.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon

vCash: 400
Quote:
They had no problems with him in the public's eye when he was a barca player, it's not after he started running his mouth calling Messi,Xavi INiesta school boys did they start souring on him(xavi calling him an anarchic.)

Zlatan is a known douch bad and has the ego as big as his nose.

Sharawaay also didn't like Ibra saying he was difficult to handle, you'd always have to pass him the ball or he'd yell at you or play tricks(like a schoolboy?) on you.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
They had no problems with him in the public's eye when he was a barca player, it's not after he started running his mouth calling Messi,Xavi INiesta school boys did they start souring on him(xavi calling him an anarchic.)

Zlatan is a known douch bad and has the ego as big as his nose.

Sharawaay also didn't like Ibra saying he was difficult to handle, you'd always have to pass him the ball or he'd yell at you or play tricks(like a schoolboy?) on you.
Sounds like Messi, (- the schoolboy part) Xavi has reported.
Don't give Messi the ball, he gets pissed.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Sounds like Messi, (- the schoolboy part) Xavi has reported.
Don't give Messi the ball, he gets pissed.
WTF are you even talking about?

Old
06-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
WTF are you even talking about?
You can't read? I honestly don't think my sentences are that difficult to understand. Which row is hard for you to understand, the 1st or 2nd? Or both?

Old
06-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
When he was at Milan, I can remember him kicking Strasser in training and nearly getting in a fight with Onyewu (who'd have killed him). So he's certainly not the easiest person in the world to get along with.

I don't really understand this argument in the first place to be honest.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
When he was at Milan, I can remember him kicking Strasser in training and nearly getting in a fight with Onyewu (who'd have killed him). So he's certainly not the easiest person in the world to get along with.

You think Onyewu would honestly have a chance against black-belt Zlatan? He's a freak of nature.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon

Quote:
You can't read? I honestly don't think my sentences are that difficult to understand. Which row is hard for you to understand, the 1st or 2nd? Or both?
All of it.

Quote:

I don't know I think Onyewu would have lost that one. Isn't Ibra like a black belt?

Me neither Ibra is a ****.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
All of it.
Good forwards wants the ball, especially in the fashion of how Ibra carried Milan almost alone with Silva. He's definitely a ****** on the field, he means bussiness and does everything to win. Most players accept it, outside of Barca he's been the guy in the teams.

But so is almost all good forwards, some more, some less (mostly less). Xavi has stated in media if he does not give Messi the ball as much as Messi wants, he gets pissed.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
I don't think he'd do anything to a guy built like a linebacker. Ibra's black belt is honorary, not one earned for actually being one.

Thanks to this argument I'm starting to look up some instances of Ibra being a bad teammate. There are far more than you'd think.

Good teammates totally kick their colleagues in the head!

Old
06-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon

Quote:
Good forwards wants the ball, especially in the fashion of how Ibra carried Milan almost alone. He's definitely a ****** on the field, he means bussiness and does everything to win. Most players accept it, outside of Barca he's been the guy in the teams.

But so is almost all good forwards, some more, some less (mostly less). Xavi has stated in media if he does not give Messi the ball as much as Messi wants, he gets pissed.
See that wasn't hard.

There's a difference between wanting the ball and yelling at your teammates and playing schoolboy tricks on them if they don't Couldn't care less if most players accept this they shouldn't

Now can you find a link to this?

Old
06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
See that wasn't hard.

There's a difference between wanting the ball and yelling at your teammates and playing schoolboy tricks on them if they don't Couldn't care less if most players accept this they shouldn't

Now can you find a link to this?
Dunno, probably not anymore. Was in an article 1 or 2 years ago. Does it sound that crazy that it's impossible to believe? If so, then don't even bother, if you think it sounds impossible you don't know what you're talking about to begin with.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:

Good teammates totally kick their colleagues in the head!
The 1:10 part is amazing. The guy is like "what in the actual ****?"

Old
06-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon

Quote:
Dunno, probably not anymore. Was in an article 1 or 2 years ago. Does it sound that crazy that it's impossible to believe? If so, then don't even bother, if you think it sounds impossible you don't know what you're talking about to begin with.
An easy google search and I've found articles that dated back 2 years ago. Hell I've used them in this very thread. Don't give me that nonsense, all I did was ask for proof and you claim that I think it's impossible.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
An easy google search and I've found articles that dated back 2 years ago. Hell I've used them in this very thread. Don't give me that nonsense, all I did was ask for proof and you claim that I think it's impossible.
Good for you! I cheered for you.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Nice midfielder Kevin Anin has been seriously injured in a road accident and placed in an artificial coma L'Equipe has reported.

Horrible news

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Nice midfielder Kevin Anin has been seriously injured in a road accident and placed in an artificial coma L'Equipe has reported.

Horrible news
Reportedly they might have to take his arm. Terrible.

Old
06-04-2013, 06:34 PM
les Habs

Let's look at what some of the Barça players have said about him:

Xavi: "I don't think he had a disappointing season (at Barcelona in 2009-10).

"We won La Liga and got to the semi-finals of the Champions League, he scored important goals and we had a good understanding with him on the pitch and in the dressing room.

"He only stayed one year but he didn't leave behind a bad image."

Pique: “The media often creates characters which don't exist. When Ibra was here at Barcelona, he proved to be a good person and a player to be admired."

Messi: "He had problems with the coach, but I never had any problems with Zlatan,”

In fact the only one who whined about the situation was Zlatan:

"It started well but then Messi started to talk. He wanted to play in the middle, not on the wing, so the system changed from 4-3-3 to 4-5-1. I was sacrificed and no longer had the freedom on the pitch I need to succeed. So I asked for a meeting with Guardiola - for a discussion, not an argument. I said I was being used in the wrong way and that they shouldn't have bought me if they wanted another type of player. I told him what a friend had said to me - "you bought a Ferrari but drive it like a Fiat". The chat seemed to go well but then Guardiola started to freeze me out. I would walk into a room; he would leave. He would greet everyone by saying hello, but would ignore me."

''I had done a lot to adapt - the Barca players were like schoolboys, following the coach blindly, whereas I was used to asking "why?" I like guys who run red lights, not pedantic and strict rules. So I tried to be overly nice, didn't dare lose my temper. But after this I stopped trying to adapt. For example, at Barca players were banned from driving their sports cars to training. I thought this was ridiculous - it was no one's business what car I drive - so in April, before a match with Almeria, I drove my Ferrari Enzo to work. It caused a scene.''

''Pep was staring at me and I lost it. I thought 'there is my enemy, scratching his bald head'. I yelled to him: 'You have no balls!' And probably worse things than that. I added: 'You are s****ing yourself because of [then Inter manager Jose] Mourinho [whose side beat Barca in the Champions League]. You can go to hell!' I was completely mad."

''I threw a box full of training gear across the room, it crashed to the floor and Pep said nothing, just put stuff back in the box. I'm not violent, but if I were Guardiola I would have been frightened.''

Last edited by Live in the Now: 06-05-2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: ...
les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote