HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we have a number one D-Man?

Old
08-13-2012, 04:58 PM
LeMAD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Exactly. The first-pair was adequate and in fact very effective. The issue stemmed from absolutely terrible depth outside of the first-pair.

Subban is a #1-2 depending who talk to.
Gorges is a #3-4 (some might say 2) depending who you talk to.

then we have

Emelin who some say is a Top 4, but last year he was at best a #5. More of a #6.

Diaz: see above.

Kaberle some might say is still a Top 4, but he hasn't played like on since Toronto. He's at best a #5 (the way he's played).

Campoli and Weber are at best #7 defenseman (the way they've played).
I have a higher opinion of Gorges and a lower opinion of Subban than you, but that's the first time I see someone in here with an opinion that's close to mine about our defense.

Feels weird.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Exactly. The first-pair was adequate and in fact very effective. The issue stemmed from absolutely terrible depth outside of the first-pair.

Subban is a #1-2 depending who talk to.
Gorges is a #3-4 (some might say 2) depending who you talk to.

then we have

Emelin who some say is a Top 4, but last year he was at best a #5. More of a #6.

Diaz: see above.

Kaberle some might say is still a Top 4, but he hasn't played like on since Toronto. He's at best a #5 (the way he's played).

Campoli and Weber are at best #7 defenseman (the way they've played).

I don't care what anyone says, we played with only 2 Top 4-caliber D-men last season. One of which is on the lower tier of that (Gorges). That is a sure-fire recipe for disaster: which it was. The bright side for this year is we are getting hopefully a healthy Markov which will *at worst* give us another Top-4 defenseman, perhaps a #1 defenseman if he returns to form. Emelin and Diaz will have more notches on their belts and should be able to contribute a little more. We still have a relatively uni-dimensional and weak defense-corps IMO.
Not that weak.

We have a YOUNG corp.

Altought this is based on pure speculation, Subban should be better than he was and confirm that he is elite in this league, Diaz and Emelin could end up being top 3-4 dmans after all, Gorges will continue his good play, Markov is a wild card he's going to be a top 4. Then we have wildcard's, Kaberle could PP the second QB really good(Luxury.), then we have the young kid's, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Weber..

In such, we can't do worst than three top 4 Dman, but we could have up to 5-6 Top 4 dman to me.

Emelin is the more probable and the closest thing we have from a #4.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote