HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton S19 Replacement

Old
08-09-2012, 08:42 AM
doughmadore

vCash: 500
Easton S19 Replacement

I loved using the Easton s19 (drury curve) but the stick is now practically impossible to find in my 75 flex anymore. Does anyone know what model Easton replaced this with and is the replacement any good?

Ugh, I knew I should have stocked up on the s19 when I had the chance.

doughmadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:01 AM
hockeymass

The S19 was replaced by the Stealth RS as the top of the Stealth line.

Personally, I don't really like the RS or the Mako (Easton's other current top of the line stick) but I know a lot of guys who LOVE the RS and think it's the best stick ever made.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:37 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymass View Post
The S19 was replaced by the Stealth RS as the top of the Stealth line.

Personally, I don't really like the RS or the Mako (Easton's other current top of the line stick) but I know a lot of guys who LOVE the RS and think it's the best stick ever made.
Mine's definitely starting to grow on me and I can absolutely see why people have said that. Out of every near-recent top-end stick, I have had the most pop and weight to my shot with the RS, even when I had to try an 85 flex in the RS rather than my preferred 75/77.

The RSII is coming out this September and has a stiffer blade (more durable). You'd be looking at the Parise curve which is a renamed Drury.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:57 AM
hockeymass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Mine's definitely starting to grow on me and I can absolutely see why people have said that. Out of every near-recent top-end stick, I have had the most pop and weight to my shot with the RS, even when I had to try an 85 flex in the RS rather than my preferred 75/77.

The RSII is coming out this September and has a stiffer blade (more durable). You'd be looking at the Parise curve which is a renamed Drury.
The RS users that used the RSII at ModSquad's SummerJam didn't have nice things to say about it. They seemed to feel that the pop was dialed way down.

I think I just can't get past the shaft geometry and feel. I used to love the old Synergys (early 00's - plain silver, Grip, Si-Core) but when I pick up the newer Eastons they just feel...off, I guess.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:11 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
The RS users that used the RSII at ModSquad's SummerJam didn't have nice things to say about it. They seemed to feel that the pop was dialed way down.

I think I just can't get past the shaft geometry and feel. I used to love the old Synergys (early 00's - plain silver, Grip, Si-Core) but when I pick up the newer Eastons they just feel...off, I guess.
Wow, really? That's very interesting. My shot with the RS was the best out of anything, so I suppose you can really tell the difference when trying another stick. Gotta wait for early September then for when they ship in.

You really gotta wonder what Easton's doing with their products here. I'm the only one at work who has any type of positive opinion on Easton...

Old
08-09-2012, 10:21 AM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Wow, really? That's very interesting. My shot with the RS was the best out of anything, so I suppose you can really tell the difference when trying another stick. Gotta wait for early September then for when they ship in.

You really gotta wonder what Easton's doing with their products here. I'm the only one at work who has any type of positive opinion on Easton...
Strange. I love Easton sticks. Their skates are a little less popular though...

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
AIREAYE

I like their skates but feel that their sticks are absolutely stagnant on any type of innovation and progress. Mako is more or less very similar to the original Synergy type sticks in construction and the elliptical on the RS has been around since the S17, what's new Easton? I don't see any protective changes except for the RS glove (which is opening to mixed reviews AFAIK).

Old
08-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
In the last year, I've used:

Dolomite
ST
Dynasty
EQ50
RS Stealth

The Stealth is notably better than all of these sticks. It's lighter and I can definitely feel the "pop" people talk about here.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Geo73

Quote:

After the Synergys I switched to Bauer having never used anything but an Easton twig for the previous 10 years, loved the X:60 Stick'ums so much I got 6 of them! I haven't loved a stick so much since I got my first Convex a million years ago.

Geo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 09:49 PM
JaeTM

Or you can come right here:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-h...9-grip-sr.html

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:04 AM
doughmadore

Yeah, this is the site I use to buy these but they don't have my 75 drury flex. I like the stick so much I'm thinking of just buying the 100 flex that's available.

Old
08-10-2012, 09:25 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughmadore View Post
Yeah, this is the site I use to buy these but they don't have my 75 drury flex. I like the stick so much I'm thinking of just buying the 100 flex that's available.
What a jump, might as well buy a rebar lol

Old
08-10-2012, 10:49 AM
hockeymass

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EASTON-STEAL...item43adcef5df

The asking price is a bit steep, though.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:28 AM
doughmadore

Funny, I just found this on ebay 5 minutes ago. ha. I agree, a bit steep price wise.

thanks

Old
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
JaeTM

Quote:
They do, it's just been renamed to Parise.

Old
08-11-2012, 06:14 AM
doughmadore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
They do, it's just been renamed to Parise.
I realize it's called drury/parise. It's not available when I look. Right 75.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Used easton for 10 years. Switched once to a warrior and it was garbage. I loved Easton. Finally, I got sick of the poor durability so i opted to try a stick my buddy told me was legit. Combat. That stick feels identical to Eastons (the new ones are VERY whippy but legit) and its simply amazing. I broke my 52 cal and went back to the EQ50, the stick that was the best for me prior to the switch. Hated it. Now i got the new one and its amazing. Seriously, consider it.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:45 PM
doughmadore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Used easton for 10 years. Switched once to a warrior and it was garbage. I loved Easton. Finally, I got sick of the poor durability so i opted to try a stick my buddy told me was legit. Combat. That stick feels identical to Eastons (the new ones are VERY whippy but legit) and its simply amazing. I broke my 52 cal and went back to the EQ50, the stick that was the best for me prior to the switch. Hated it. Now i got the new one and its amazing. Seriously, consider it.
Where are you buying these? Seems like these are hard to find too.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:03 PM
JaeTM

Quote:
I realize it's called drury/parise. It's not available when I look. Right 75.
Oh, didn't realize you were right handed.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Where are you buying these? Seems like these are hard to find too.
They are. You can buy them straight from their website. I have a buddy who buys like 20 at a time and sells them to people he/we know.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote