HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Roster - Part IV

Old
08-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Krüger will get a spot on the roster and it doesn't really matter which it is. He will be on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th line. Where ever they need him. Like a Marcel Goc guy

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:10 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I think Pirri will be the pleasant surprise of the camp.... for some at least.
For sure, the only natural center we have that could potentially fill the No. 2 spot. After seeing what he did last year in the AHL at such a young age, it looks like he has a good shot doing some damage in the NHL, could be a surprise 45-50 point season. Nothing spectacular but still a MAJOR upgrade to the No. 2 C spot.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Krüger will get a spot on the roster and it doesn't really matter which it is. He will be on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th line. Where ever they need him. Like a Marcel Goc guy
Yes, it kind of does matter.

Good teams usually don't win with key spots filled with guys who don't belong.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

the 12/13 Krüger will not be the same player that the 11/12 Krüger was. He could be better or could be worse.
We don't know it but with players that just finished their first season away from home in a new country, they usually need some time to adjust to the new life without the friends, family and away from the known.

I doubt he will be our missing #2 C next year, but right now it looks like he will get this spot for most of the year. Just need to wait a bit and see what we have. If he can't handle it, he is a good player for the Bottom 6

Old
08-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Cullksinikers

2012-13 Kruger isn't the ****ing solution to our second line center problem.

I know that damn well. He already proved he could not handle it. Why are we going back to the well if it's dry? So stupid.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

It did not work in the past, but why was Stalberg resigned and given the chance to be a Top6 LW?? He sucked the year before.

We all don't know the future and since Bowman hasn't added a C, Krüger will get a chance to stick with this role.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:21 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
the 12/13 Krüger will not be the same player that the 11/12 Krüger was. He could be better or could be worse.
We don't know it but with players that just finished their first season away from home in a new country, they usually need some time to adjust to the new life without the friends, family and away from the known.

I doubt he will be our missing #2 C next year, but right now it looks like he will get this spot for most of the year. Just need to wait a bit and see what we have. If he can't handle it, he is a good player for the Bottom 6
I don't think Kruger's problem was culture shock. It's that he just isn't a very good player. Getting more familiar with American customs is not affect his many deficiencies.

I agree with you that he will likely be the 2c (unless Kane is)...I think it's a bad idea, but I also think it's inevitable at this point.

Hopefully Teuvo is ready soon - although, he's not very big, either!...but thankfully he appears significantly more skilled.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

It is a big problem for guys like Krüger. It was easy to see that he adjusted more and more got more confident in his skills and his game.

as of now, we need to be patient

Old
08-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Bowman hasn't added a C, Krüger will get a chance to stick with this role.
Which was a poor effort to improve this club.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I still think that there wasn't a chance to add a quality Center to our roster.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Kruger could conceivably have improved his game (and physical frame) enough over the summer to perhaps adequately fill the #2C role. It is rather unlikely, but at least plausible. I will never deny that he has very legitimate potential to be a solid NHL player.

However, given that the Hawks are best suited to win now as opposed to waiting a few years (given the age of four out of the six core players), I don't want to take that chance. It would have to be a very large leap for Kruger from last season's play if he is to be a suitable #2C. I'd have preferred that roster hole to have been filled during the offseason... but it hasn't been, I think Sharp or Kane should start there.
But if Kruger earns the spot by showing he is better than ever before, and deserves to be in that role? By all means, let him take the opportunity and run with it.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
The summer would have been a great time to move Stalberg and Kruger in a package for a top-six center.
I would've preferred a real goalie or a better top 4 defenseman.

I'm convinced that we have a quality #2C in this organization already. In fact, we have two, Sharp and Bolland. Pirri could also surprise us, he showed a lot of offensive promise both in Chicago and Rockford.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:29 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

So, we'd see:
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa

I still don't see any net presence in the top 6. I'd rather keep Kane at the 2C and make sure we fill 1 or 2 wings with someone willing to agitate the goalie, distract dmen, and pot in the garbage goals that go to waste when we have nothing but soft talent on the ice. That's how so many **** teams beat us with much less in their top 9.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:49 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
So, we'd see:
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa

I still don't see any net presence in the top 6. I'd rather keep Kane at the 2C and make sure we fill 1 or 2 wings with someone willing to agitate the goalie, distract dmen, and pot in the garbage goals that go to waste when we have nothing but soft talent on the ice. That's how so many **** teams beat us with much less in their top 9.
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-J.Hayes-Hossa
Saad-Bolland-Shaw

Hayes becomes our Boyle

boom!

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Hawkaholic

Bickell plays amazing in his first 5 games
Beach looks like his defensive game is on par with Carcillo, offense like Shaw

Bickell Toews Hossa
Sharp Kane Stalberg
Beach Bolland Shaw
Carcillo Kruger Mayers/Frolik

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 09:45 PM
keslerburrows

(I know Canucks fan, yeah yeah)

In a fantasy keeper league. And I need a winger. I'm looking long and hard at Saad and thought you guys would be the ones to come to. So will Saad make the big club this year? What are his chances/percentages of making it? And would it be smart of me to take him?

Thanks a lot guys. Any info helps.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:31 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
(I know Canucks fan, yeah yeah)

In a fantasy keeper league. And I need a winger. I'm looking long and hard at Saad and thought you guys would be the ones to come to. So will Saad make the big club this year? What are his chances/percentages of making it? And would it be smart of me to take him?

Thanks a lot guys. Any info helps.
If Saad improves as expected, it's his roster spot to lose. Given his offensive prowess, he'll likely spend the majority of his ES minutes with the Hawks' best players, since his development would probably go to hell with fourth line minutes and linemates, and he isn't really suited for a third line (i.e. shutdown line) role either.
He looks to be a productive if unspectacular LW. Given his size and style, it isn't out of the question that he ends up as Toews and Kane's left wing of the future.
In a keeper league, as you said it was, I'd say Saad is a pretty solid pick late

Old
08-21-2012, 01:51 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
If Saad improves as expected, it's his roster spot to lose. Given his offensive prowess, he'll likely spend the majority of his ES minutes with the Hawks' best players, since his development would probably go to hell with fourth line minutes and linemates, and he isn't really suited for a third line (i.e. shutdown line) role either.
He looks to be a productive if unspectacular LW. Given his size and style, it isn't out of the question that he ends up as Toews and Kane's left wing of the future.
In a keeper league, as you said it was, I'd say Saad is a pretty solid pick late
It'd be 9th round in a 20 team league. And every player on the Calder radar is gone. Literally. Does Q normally play rookies in the top 6? Does he trust his rookies? Thanks again.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:10 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
It'd be 9th round in a 20 team league. And every player on the Calder radar is gone. Literally. Does Q normally play rookies in the top 6? Does he trust his rookies? Thanks again.
Yep, Q isn't against playing rookies in the top-6 at all. Last season, he seemed content to stick Kruger into the #2C role, despite him clearly not being ready to produce at an appropriate level given his icetime, linemates, and the development of his offensive game at the time,
Saad's offense will likely be much more NHL-ready than Kruger's was, of course, and Quenneville isn't dumb. Sharp could well be the #2C, which leaves Stalberg and Bickell as Saad's main competitors for a top-6 spot. And Bickell simply never lasts there, so Saad is almost sure to stick as long as he doesn't disappoint horribly (and I highly doubt he will).

9th round, all the big names long gone, it's a great pick. Go ahead and make it.

Old
08-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Sarava

Quote:
I have no idea why you don't think he would be a good third liner or shutdown player. Saad has a very good all around game, and may be the best suited LW on the roster for the 3rd line. The biggest obstacle is that he may play too good and get promoted to the top 2 lines.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I have no idea why you don't think he would be a good third liner or shutdown player. Saad has a very good all around game, and may be the best suited LW on the roster for the 3rd line. The biggest obstacle is that he may play too good and get promoted to the top 2 lines.
I don't think he would be ineffective in a shutdown role - I recognize that his defensive game is quite good. I just think he's a better option as a top-6 LW than whoever the Hawks would be putting ahead of him if he was locked in at LW on the third line.

Saad isn't best used as a shutdown guy. He's always been a player to put up points, with his vision being so good as to be more or less equal to his goalscoring ability. He is best suited in a top-6 role, given his style and natural talent.
I may have said something other than I intended in that prior post, so I'll clarify here. If Saad makes the team (as he almost surely will), he really shouldn't be outside the top-6, unless of course he proves to simply not be ready for the role (in which case I don't think he'd be ready to shut down the Sedins and Thorntons of the world on Bolland's wing, either). His game and talent level are those of a top-6 player - that's what I was trying to say.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Sarava

Quote:
I don't think he would be ineffective in a shutdown role - I recognize that his defensive game is quite good. I just think he's a better option as a top-6 LW than whoever the Hawks would be putting ahead of him if he was locked in at LW on the third line.

Saad isn't best used as a shutdown guy. He's always been a player to put up points, with his vision being so good as to be more or less equal to his goalscoring ability. He is best suited in a top-6 role, given his style and natural talent.
I may have said something other than I intended in that prior post, so I'll clarify here. If Saad makes the team (as he almost surely will), he really shouldn't be outside the top-6, unless of course he proves to simply not be ready for the role (in which case I don't think he'd be ready to shut down the Sedins and Thorntons of the world on Bolland's wing, either). His game and talent level are those of a top-6 player - that's what I was trying to say.
Gotcha. But keep in mind - the Hawks were a far better team in 08/09 and 09/10 than the last 2 years. While there's many difference...one of the bigger differences is Dave Bolland has been surrounded by garbage these past 2 years. Where he got guys like Versteeg, Ladd, Byfuglien and Havlat in 08/09 & 09/10.

It's not a punishment to be on the third line. Well Q has sort of treated it that way, but he didn't until after the cup win. The third line will get close to the same amount of minutes as the top 2 lines. Who knows...Saad and Bolland might have fantastic chemistry.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Have a feeling that Bolland will play a good season with a guy like Shaw next to him.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:01 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Have a feeling that Bolland will play a good season with a guy like Shaw next to him.
maybe. although, i'm still not sold on shaw.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

not sold on him to keep up his ppg, but this guy is all heart and effort. He is what Smith should have been without the concussion