HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lehoux out indefinitely with KNEE SPRAIN

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2005, 03:41 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Lehoux out indefinitely with KNEE SPRAIN

The Monarchs have updated the injury report on their web site:

01-14 Lehoux, Yanick 9 Knee Sprain out indefinitely

link: www.monarchshockey.com/injury/

Well this certainly isn't isn't good news. I suppose it could be worse, but it's definately not good!

He was clipped at center ice by Ice Cats defenseman Brendan Buckley. Buckley was issued a 5-min major and game misconduct as required in section b of rule 49 "Clipping" as a result of his actions. Basically he went low and cut him out....

A tape of the hit has been sent to the AHL for their review...

In the print version of the UL Boudreau said: "A real dirty hit" and "that's got to be something that's got to be curbed"...

Grebs called the hit "brutal"....

Old
01-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
WTF

Union Leader Report

Old
01-16-2005, 04:54 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
WOW, I wish Flinn comes back from his injury and knocks the $h*t out of that dumba$$ D-man!!!!!!

Old
01-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Albi

Any update?

Last year Gleason was the victim of a vicious knee hit by Pens' Brooks Orpik and fortunately he just missed a couple games. I just hope Yanick will have the same luck...

Old
01-17-2005, 09:08 AM
King Blazer

It's my understanding that there was extreme swelling to the knee at the time of his examination on Saturday and that further testing will be done this week.

A poster on the ahl boards posted that he spoke with Lehoux's father on Saturday.

"Heard it straight from Lehoux's Dad! He is out indefinately with a torn ligament. Also said he doubts he'll be in the All-Star game if voted in."

"His dad said he had spent a couple of hours at the hospital yesterday morning and they said he had a "torn ligament". We will just have to wait and see but I wanted everyone to know what was said from pops."

I don't doubt that the poster did speak with Lehoux's father because he was very excited to show some of us the photo he got of his wife with Mr. Lehoux. As far as the accuracy of Mr. Lehoux's statements, I don't know as I wasn't there...

Old
01-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
It's my understanding that there was extreme swelling to the knee at the time of his examination on Saturday and that further testing will be done this week.

A poster on the ahl boards posted that he spoke with Lehoux's father on Saturday.

"Heard it straight from Lehoux's Dad! He is out indefinately with a torn ligament. Also said he doubts he'll be in the All-Star game if voted in."

"His dad said he had spent a couple of hours at the hospital yesterday morning and they said he had a "torn ligament". We will just have to wait and see but I wanted everyone to know what was said from pops."

I don't doubt that the poster did speak with Lehoux's father because he was very excited to show some of us the photo he got of his wife with Mr. Lehoux. As far as the accuracy of Mr. Lehoux's statements, I don't know as I wasn't there...
KB, do you have the link to that board?

Thanx

Old
01-17-2005, 10:48 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
KB, do you have the link to that board?

Thanx
www.ahlboards.com

Monarchs forum....

Old
01-17-2005, 12:25 PM
jfont

Awards:
crap!

01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Capn Brown

I guess the question is, MCL or ACL? The one is a 6-8 week injury, while the other is the rest of the friggin' season!

Old
01-17-2005, 02:36 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
I guess the question is, MCL or ACL? The one is a 6-8 week injury, while the other is the rest of the friggin' season!
I couldn't get anyone from the Monarchs organization to confirm there was a tear on Saturday night so I can't be of any help. Lehoux did return to the ice after the hit. He skated for a few seconds, maybe 10 at the most. He left the ice and went straight to the dressing room...

Old
01-18-2005, 02:40 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

It doesnt look like Buckley is going to get suspended. The league annouced several other suspensions but failed to mention Buckley, maybe the tape is still being looked at. Could make for some dicey situations on Wed. night.

Old
01-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Albi

Quote:
I couldn't get anyone from the Monarchs organization to confirm there was a tear on Saturday night so I can't be of any help. Lehoux did return to the ice after the hit. He skated for a few seconds, maybe 10 at the most. He left the ice and went straight to the dressing room...
The fact he returned to the ice, even for a few seconds, gives me some hope...
I'm curious to see what Rullier will do tomorrow night. Plain and simple, I just hope someone will send Buckey to the dressing room with a bloody nose and/or some missing teeth. Period.

Old
01-18-2005, 08:16 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
It doesnt look like Buckley is going to get suspended. The league annouced several other suspensions but failed to mention Buckley, maybe the tape is still being looked at. Could make for some dicey situations on Wed. night.
A couple of thoughts...

If the Monarchs sent the tape via USPS it would have been sent Saturday at the earliest. There is no mail delivery on Sunday and there was none yesterday (Holiday). It's possible that the tape only gets there today.

The three suspensions the AHL announced yesterday are more "text-book" in Nature..

Svitov- Abuse of official - 5-games (typically from written report)
Ehrhoff-Match Penalty - 1-game (automatic w/o additional report)
Hedlund - Actions in a game - 3-games (Probably did a tape review on this one because the game was on the 12th and the suspension was announced on the 17th) note: Hedlund will miss Bingo's game against Manchester this weekend...

Buckly's hit resulted in the injury of the #2 (by 3-pts.) scorer in the League. The League has many things to look at here.

IMO, the following will likely be considered:

First they need to determine if the hit was "legal" or not. If they determine the hit was not legal, then I think they need to move to do they support the clipping penalty? I think they need to make a determination on the clipping because, IMO, there are some penalties that somewhat imply an intent to injure. Clipping and kneeing are two that I feel fall into the implied intent category. Now, if they determine that the hit was illegal and clipping, they may want to look at the game in it's entirety to get a feel for Buckley's "mind set" if you will.

IMO, If they look at the game in it's entirety to get a feel for Buckly's "mind set" it might not bode well for him. At 2:45 into the game, Smyth scored. After the goal, Buckley came in and nailed Clarke from behind with a cross-check across his back and laid him out. Smyth and Grebs had the be restrained by the linesmen. Later In the period, Buckley nailed Cammalleri in the face with a cross-check, no call. In the second period, much of the same stick work. At the start of the third, he put a cheap hit on Giuliano. This is what finally prompted Kanko to go at him. Kanko hit him good more than a few times during this exchange. Just 54-seconds after getting out of the box from the Kanko fight, Buckley nails Lehoux. Not a very good time-line. Less than a minute out of the box after getting beat by a smaller guy in a fight he takes-out the top scorer...

If the AHL doesn't sanction Buckley, he knows how it works.

I won't be surprised in the least if the President of the AHL, Dave Andrews, is at the game to personally present Cammalleri with his trophy for player of the week...

Old
01-18-2005, 01:28 PM
King Blazer

Buckley suspended for 4-games

Tue, January 18, 2005

IceCats' Buckley suspended

The American Hockey League announced today that Worcester IceCats defenseman Brendan Buckley has been suspended for four (4) regular season games as a result of his actions in a January 14, 2005 AHL game in Manchester.

Buckley will miss Worcester’s next four regular season games: Wed., Jan. 19 at Manchester; Fri., Jan. 21 versus Hartford; Sat., Jan. 22 at Portland and Sun., Jan. 23 versus Manchester.

link: www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/01/18/902314.html

He probably would have only received three if the first game back wasn't against the Monarchs...

Last edited by King Blazer: 01-18-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old
01-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Albi

Quote:
Tue, January 18, 2005

IceCats' Buckley suspended

The American Hockey League announced today that Worcester IceCats defenseman Brendan Buckley has been suspended for four (4) regular season games as a result of his actions in a January 14, 2005 AHL game in Manchester.

Buckley will miss Worcester’s next four regular season games: Wed., Jan. 19 at Manchester; Fri., Jan. 21 versus Hartford; Sat., Jan. 22 at Portland and Sun., Jan. 23 versus Manchester.

link: www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/01/18/902314.html

He probably would have only received three if the first game back wasn't against the Monarchs...
To be honest, I'm REALLY disappointed he won't be on the ice tomorrow

Closed Thread