HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey's Future Media
Hockey's Future Media Audio interviews of prospects, scouts, general managers, media personalities, people throughout the hockey world, and perhaps even YOU!

Update on maintenance at new HF site

Old
07-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Ken McKenna
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ken McKenna
Update on maintenance at new HF site

Just a quick update on ongoing work being done to HF following the introduction of the new site.

First, regarding searching for older articles, the best way to do this right now is via the "Archives" tab located in the navigation bar at the top of each page. It is similar to the archive function from the previous site in that you can narrow the search down to the month and year. All articles from the past should appear via this search, unlike the archive function at the team, league and country pages which is currently a mess. I am working to have articles from the past year or so appearing at the team, league, and country pages, but this is a slow process when doing it by hand. I'm hoping that the archive function mentioned above can be adapted to the team, league, and country pages, but we'll see.

Regarding player profiles, I am in the process of updating those, as well, including adding the newly drafted players to the team pages. Newly created profiles will not appear at the site until the player ratings are added to them, however, so I am waiting on the team writers to provide the ratings. This should be done over the next couple of weeks, but there is always a couple of stragglers that take longer. Phoenix is done, though, and Montreal and San Jose should be updated shortly.

Now that all of the basic profiles of the 2012 draftees have been added, you can view them by going to the draft results page, which can be found here. Just click on the round in which the player was chosen, then scroll down to find the profile. As I said, for half of the profiles, the info at the profiles is just the basics. We'll be adding info for the three sections (History, Talent, Future) as we go along.

Other items that have been updated:

- the Top 50 and Org (or Team) Ranking pages should be showing the most current versions. Work on the next Top 50 will begin in August, with the Team Rankings to follow in September.

- player profiles that disappeared following the changeover are still there, but we'll need to do some maintenance to get them to re-appear at the site.

- boxes for the top 20 prospects and other notable prospects will be added to the team pages over the next week. One problem right now is that the top 20 box doesn't have numbering for the players (1-20), so that will hopefully be fixed soon. In the meantime, the players are ranked in ascending order starting at the top of the left column, with the top 10 in the left column and 11-20 in the right column. The notable (or remaining) prospects aren't ranked, however.

That's it for the moment. Thank you for your patience.

Ken McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote