HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 03:48 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
If the new CBA increases the contract limit, we should sign Gill out of solidarity.
????

There's the 50 active NHL contract limit. Is that what you meant? (Including the overagers in CHL, Sharks are sitting at 44 active NHL contracts. So, even signing the three former-RFAs on AHL deals to NHL deals, there are still a couple of slots.)

Old
10-28-2012, 05:26 PM
KirbyDots

Gill is a talented player, I'm sure our scouts are keeping an eye on him. He's a junior like Nieto so he may want to stay for his senior year and graduate, if that's the case we have plenty of time to try and get him signed. It would be neat to see that line go from BU to Worcester to SJ intact.

Old
10-28-2012, 05:43 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

CraigJButton 2:32pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® Halifax Mooseheads win 6-2 vs. Chicoutimi & 7-2 vs. PEI. Impressive offense but only 34 shots allowed in the 2 games. All around impressive

34 shots in **two** games? Definitely sounds like Abeltshauser is making an impact.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
????

There's the 50 active NHL contract limit. Is that what you meant? (Including the overagers in CHL, Sharks are sitting at 44 active NHL contracts. So, even signing the three former-RFAs on AHL deals to NHL deals, there are still a couple of slots.)
They were always at their limit for the past two years, that's why I mentioned it.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:08 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Hertl is on a 5 game goal-scoring streak in the Czech Extraliga right now... I thought he was supposed to be a playmaker, but only 3 assists in 17 games? I assume both the high goal totals and and the low assist totals will correct themselves? Too bad the Czech league doesn't make SOG stats available.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:15 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
CraigJButton 2:32pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® Halifax Mooseheads win 6-2 vs. Chicoutimi & 7-2 vs. PEI. Impressive offense but only 34 shots allowed in the 2 games. All around impressive

34 shots in **two** games? Definitely sounds like Abeltshauser is making an impact.
7-3*

Yes, our D as a whole has been phenominal, and if we tracked ice time, KA would be around 25-30 minutes per game. Used in all situations.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Hertl is on a 5 game goal-scoring streak in the Czech Extraliga right now... I thought he was supposed to be a playmaker, but only 3 assists in 17 games? I assume both the high goal totals and and the low assist totals will correct themselves? Too bad the Czech league doesn't make SOG stats available.
http://www.sport.cz/hokej/extraliga/...kSGAKbwbIBgrkQ

This kid's pretty strong along the boards, check out around 1:40.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:34 AM
sjshark91

do they count 2nd assists in the czech league?

Old
10-30-2012, 03:20 AM
helgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
do they count 2nd assists in the czech league?
Yes they do.
From what i saw of Hertl, at the start of the season, he was really trying to set his teammates up, but after dozens of wasted chances, he is now much more trying to finish himself.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Helgo, where would you say the majority of set-up opportunities are dished out to? High traffic areas? Legit scoring zones? I probably haven't seen as many games of Hertl as you, but from what I saw I felt like he was forcing the game a little bit and trying to make really challenging passes (through like 3 sticks) down low. Do you see any of that or was it just too small of a sample size?

Last edited by Craig Fischer: 10-31-2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: missed a word
Old
10-30-2012, 07:51 PM
zorz

Hertl will play at the upcoming EHT tournament (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1276993). It may be possible to watch those games via some streams, probably.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:16 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Hertl will play at the upcoming EHT tournament (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1276993). It may be possible to watch those games via some streams, probably.
I see 14 forwards were named to that team. Is Hertl likely a healthy scratch? A 4th liner? In a scoring role? Sorry, I don't know much about many of the players on that team.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:37 AM
helgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
Helgo, where would you say the majority of set-up opportunities are dished out to? High traffic areas? Legit scoring zones? I probably haven't seen as many games of Hertl as you, but from what I saw I felt like he was forcing the game a little bit and trying to make really challenging passes (through like 3 sticks) down low. Do you see any of that or was it just too small of a sample size?
This question would be probably better for some fan of Slavia, i didn't really see that much of him to give a credible answer to your question.
But if you want to see more of him, you actually can, because every game of the Tipsport Extraliga is being live broadcasted on tv.hokej.cz (from what i heard, it should work even in the NA) and then there's an archive with most of the games in much better video quality on http://online.hokej.cz/
Here's for example his last game against Kometa Brno http://online.hokej.cz/?video=74991&date=2012-10-28

Old
10-31-2012, 02:15 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
This question would be probably better for some fan of Slavia, i didn't really see that much of him to give a credible answer to your question.
But if you want to see more of him, you actually can, because every game of the Tipsport Extraliga is being live broadcasted on tv.hokej.cz (from what i heard, it should work even in the NA) and then there's an archive with most of the games in much better video quality on http://online.hokej.cz/
Here's for example his last game against Kometa Brno http://online.hokej.cz/?video=74991&date=2012-10-28
I assume that link doesn't work in NA? Because it's not working for me.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:53 PM
helgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I assume that link doesn't work in NA? Because it's not working for me.
Really? That's weird, not so long ago, there was a thread on the main board with a link to the game of Kladno againts Slavia Praha and few NA posters were saying that it works. Then maybe only live streaming works. There will be a game of Slavia in about 30 minutes, so if anyone is interested, try to check it out http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/?matchId=-404465300

Old
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
Really? That's weird, not so long ago, there was a thread on the main board with a link to the game of Kladno againts Slavia Praha and few NA posters were saying that it works. Then maybe only live streaming works. There will be a game of Slavia in about 30 minutes, so if anyone is interested, try to check it out http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/?matchId=-404465300
It's working for me. 2-0 Praha so far...I think. An assist from Hertl on one of those goals.

Last edited by hohosaregood: 11-01-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old
11-01-2012, 06:26 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Man, I had class. I'll be sure to check it out sometime.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
KirbyDots

BU wins! Nieto with a goal and O'Regan with a goal and an assist tonight!

Last edited by KirbyDots: 11-04-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old
11-04-2012, 03:01 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
BU wins! Nieto with a goal and O'Regan with a goal and an assist tonight!
Nice! Did you get to go?

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
11-04-2012, 03:09 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.cornellbigred.com/news/20...103120629.aspx

Joakim Ryan - two assists

Old
11-04-2012, 08:29 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Nice! Did you get to go?
Nah, the game was in North Dakota but it was broadcast locally on NESN.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:23 PM
nabbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Nice! Did you get to go?
I was at the game, I go to UND so I caught both parts of the series. Nieto looked pretty good and scored late in the 3rd to tie it up on a pretty nice wrist shot. Excited to see him take the next step. Just too bad they beat the Sioux

Old
11-04-2012, 01:53 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Mini-scouting report time. I've just been watching Hertl's Czech Extraliga game. Only two periods so far, but here are my thoughts:

-The first thing that jumps out at me are elite puck-protection skills. Everywhere on the ice. Along the boards, in the slot. He's just very strong on the puck. He's got great size and strength and he is very physically dominant. He mostly doesn't go out of the way to hit, but he certainly can. Likes to drive the net. He also parks himself right in front of the goaltender on the PP.
-His skating does need work.
-He's played a lot of shifts against David Krejci, I've noticed.
-His lineys keep passing into his skates. Dunno if that's just this game or if it's a general trend, but he's not getting much help from what I've seen.
-He's currently playing as RW.

Anyway, if anything exciting happens in the third, I'll holler.

Old
11-04-2012, 02:48 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

He got some new lineys in the third and looked a ton better offensively. Could have had two or three goals if the opposing goaltender didn't make a couple of nice stops.

Anyway the team he was facing had Krejci, Hemsky (who scored an amazing highlight reel goal), and Kindl on it, so they must have been pretty good.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Brock

Thoughts on DeMelo from today.

DeMelo had a great game and appears to be building off the confidence he gained last season. He made great strides last year and has continued his strong play into this year so far. He looks very confident with the puck this year. I've seen the Steelheads a few times this year and I've yet to see him turn the puck over in his own end. This used to be a real problem for him. But he's skating himself out of jams and making smart decisions with passes. He had a secondary assist on Smoskowitz's second goal, and scored by pinching in and pouncing on a loose puck near the crease while on the powerplay. Defensively, he was terrific. Nearly all of Mississauga's defensive players shone today, as Erie had a real tough time mustering the energy to keep possession in the offensive end.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...ters-from.html

Closed Thread