HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrej Sekera to Ottawa

Old
08-13-2012, 02:13 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 500
spezza?

cant send a guy like smith to a division rival.

guess there's not deal to be made here.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
spezza?

Unless they redraw divisions in the CBA and break us apart I agree. Love Sekera would hate to play against him. Hugely underrated dman. Not Spezza huge but I wouldn't move him in the division unless it makes us much better.

Imlach a cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 06:06 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
spezza?

Especially when your not willing to send quality for quality.....any deal between ottowa and buffalo would have to either be a hockey deal (quality for quality, filling holes on both teams) or just a minor deal swapping 4th liners or minor prospects. Otherwise I don't see anything happening.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:05 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Especially when your not willing to send quality for quality.....any deal between ottowa and buffalo would have to either be a hockey deal (quality for quality, filling holes on both teams) or just a minor deal swapping 4th liners or minor prospects. Otherwise I don't see anything happening.
There may not be a deal between Ottowa and Buffalo, but perhaps there can be one between Ottawa and Boffalo.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:16 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
There may not be a deal between Ottowa and Buffalo, but perhaps there can be one between Ottawa and Boffalo.
Oh wow, you made my post look stupid....

Seriously though, it is unlikely that these two teams make a deal. There isn't all THAT much on your team that you guys would be willing to trade that buffalo would even want. Foligno was pretty much it, but he is gone now. I highly doubt that the sabres would be interested in receiving a quantity for quality deal from within the division. So unless your willing to offer up a player who's value is equivilant to Sekera, who fills a need for the sabres, there is NO deal to be made.

PS. Spelling corrections means you cannot refute a post.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 09:01 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
I think Smith + is a deal that both sides could live with.

I can't really remember Ottawa ever making a significant trade in the division though, so based on past history this is probably a no go.

stempniaksen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 09:50 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
PS. Spelling corrections means you cannot refute a post.
No, it means that Ottawa residents are tired of seeing our city of residence misspelled. Its the capital of Canada for crying out loud. From what I read on here, Minnesota fans/residents are tired of being referred to as Minny. Its a respect issue.

And I agree there is no trade to be made here, just like in the last Sekera to Ottawa thread on this board.

Old
08-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Zip15

Asking for a guy who was Buffalo's best defenseman last year to be traded to a division rival? It'd likely take an overpayment.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Reacher Gilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
I would agree with you here, if only Latendresse could throw that big body of his around a little without shattering something.

How about Zach Smith + Matt Puempel + a 3rd? I think we still might need to add.
This is a very good offer

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:31 AM
glasses91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reacher Gilt View Post

seriously good offer!

Id give you guys gunnar for puemple straight up lmao.

glasses91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Smith + Puempel I would do.

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:53 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Smith + Puempel I would do.
Honestly?

If we're so worried about our D this year, why don't we just sign UFA Rozsival as a stop-gap, and NOT throw away Smith & Puempel to a division rival?

Smith & Puempel seems like QUITE the overpayment, IMO (though, admittedly, I'm VERY high on Puempel, so take that for what it's worth). I'd rather go into the season with our current defence than give the Sabres those two guys. No reason we should be helping Buffalo with THEIR rebuild. We're busy enough with our own.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:57 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reacher Gilt View Post
I agree. Probably too good from a Sens POV.

Last edited by Chainshot: 08-13-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: QDP
Old
08-13-2012, 10:59 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post
seriously good offer!

Id give you guys gunnar for puemple straight up lmao.
I'm sure you would. The Sens wouldn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Honestly?

If we're so worried about our D this year, why don't we just sign UFA Rozsival as a stop-gap, and NOT throw away Smith & Puempel to a division rival?

Smith & Puempel seems like QUITE the overpayment, IMO (though, admittedly, I'm VERY high on Puempel, so take that for what it's worth). I'd rather go into the season with our current defence than give the Sabres those two guys. No reason we should be helping Buffalo with THEIR rebuild. We're busy enough with our own.
I agree. And Sens fans for the most part are way too down on Puempel. I'm also very high on him, and see him becoming a 20+ goal guy in a few years.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:04 AM
TSA0402

I don't see Buffalo trading Sekera in division. If all it took was Puempel, Smith, 3rd, I'd do it rather quickly.

Sekera would be torching his old team sooner than later.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

I like how I didnt even make the proposal, I just softened it up by removing the third and I am the one getting jumped on

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
I'm sure you would. The Sens wouldn't do that.

I agree. And Sens fans for the most part are way too down on Puempel. I'm also very high on him, and see him becoming a 20+ goal guy in a few years.
A consistent, 20-30 goal guy, year-in and year-out. I love Puempel, think he's going to be a real snpie-show for our team over the next decade.

Honestly, I think last year's draft was phenominally key to our rebuild. The Zibanejad / Noesen / Puempel 1st round trio look like they're all going to be major cogs of our future. I see no reason to move any of them, unless someone is drastically overpaying US to get one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I like how I didnt even make the proposal, I just softened it up by removing the third and I am the one getting jumped on
Eh, not jumping on you at all, yours was just the most recent post to suggest the package.

We're still bros.

*SensBroFist*

Old
08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Boose30

knowing the tendancys of buffalo players after having a "good" season they tend to disappear and become usless...ie stafford, i for one have never really been too impressed with how sekera's played and would not be opposed to trading him even though he is on a cap friendly contract for the next couple years

i wouldnt mind throwing together a package of something like sekera + for cowen

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:08 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
A consistent, 20-30 goal guy, year-in and year-out. I love Puempel, think he's going to be a real snpie-show for our team over the next decade.

Honestly, I think last year's draft was phenominally key to our rebuild. The Zibanejad / Noesen / Puempel 1st round trio look like they're all going to be major cogs of our future. I see no reason to move any of them, unless someone is drastically overpaying US to get one of them.
And Sekera will anchor Buffalo's shutdown pairing with the same cap hit as Steve Montador for the next three years. Everyone wins!

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:10 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:

Eh, not jumping on you at all, yours was just the most recent post to suggest the package.

We're still bros.

*SensBroFist*
Amen, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boose30 View Post
knowing the tendancys of buffalo players after having a "good" season they tend to disappear and become usless...ie stafford, i for one have never really been too impressed with how sekera's played and would not be opposed to trading him even though he is on a cap friendly contract for the next couple years

i wouldnt mind throwing together a package of something like sekera + for cowen
Sorry, you want Cowen? It starts with Ennis (or Myers, but that defeats the point of any trade, somewhat). Maybe not even then. I don't want Cowen destroying OUR guys 6+ times a year for the next 15+ years, much rather the other way around.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:13 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
And Sekera will anchor Buffalo's shutdown pairing with the same cap hit as Steve Montador for the next three years. Everyone wins!
Well, if there's one thing that Sens & Sabres fans can agree on, it's that Steve Montador is getting paid, very literally, twice as much as he's worth.

What a garbage contract.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:24 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Well, if there's one thing that Sens & Sabres fans can agree on, it's that Steve Montador is getting paid, very literally, twice as much as he's worth.

What a garbage contract.
Proof that genius skips at least a generation.

Although it would be slightly less terrible if Monty didn't get concussion issues halfway through year one of that deal...

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:48 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Sabres aren't trading Sekera.

More specifically, the Sabres won't trade Sekera to a division rival, even if Smith or Puempel are coming the other way.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:51 AM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
I don't think the sabres are willing to trade him for prospects.
This. If the topic is Sekera+ for Spezza, then Buffalo talks. Otherwise, division trades don't happen.

bullseyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:00 PM
bullseyed

Quote:
No, it means that Ottawa residents are tired of seeing our city of residence misspelled. Its the capital of Canada for crying out loud. From what I read on here, Minnesota fans/residents are tired of being referred to as Minny. Its a respect issue.

And I agree there is no trade to be made here, just like in the last Sekera to Ottawa thread on this board.
Canadians usually pronounce it like Otto-wah (in my experience), so speak properly and it won't be an issue! Otta-wah makes it sound like a New Jersey accent anyway. You don't want that. It is named after an Algonquin word by French settlers, there are bound to be issues with spelling and pronunciation. Just like Roy/Wah and every other French thing.

Most Americans probably think Ontario is the capital of Canada. Most people are also exceedingly unintelligent.

bullseyed is offline   Reply With Quote