HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I come in Peace

Old
08-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
I come in Peace

Hello Sabres fans. I'm a Leaf fan, as you can see, but i come here with some praise.

I travel down the highway about 3-4 times a year to see games in your city. I love it there actually. We stay in Williamsville (but close enough). I don't know what all the fuss is about the city being crappy.....Its great and great people.

Well enough with the sappy stuff. On to your team.

Looks like you are going to set up some amazing intense divisional games.
Can anyone hit me with the first game they play against the bruins? (please say its a home game for the sabres)

Lets hope it's something like this.

Kaleta-Ott-Scott

Kaleta v. Campbell
Scott v. Lucic
Ott v. Thornton

Could be a doozy.

cheers to a fun year guys, maybe see you down there some time and get a beer or three.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Reacher Gilt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post

Kaleta-Ott-Scott

Kaleta v. Campbell
Scott v. Lucic
Ott v. Thornton
Lucic won't go near Scott

Thornton maybe. But wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens, like everytime when you expect it.

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:52 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reacher Gilt View Post
Lucic won't go near Scott

Thornton maybe. But wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens, like everytime when you expect it.
He is right, Lucic would take the cowards route. He'd prefer to go after a goalie.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:02 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Hello Sabres fans. I'm a Leaf fan, as you can see, but i come here with some praise.

I travel down the highway about 3-4 times a year to see games in your city. I love it there actually. We stay in Williamsville (but close enough). I don't know what all the fuss is about the city being crappy.....Its great and great people.

Well enough with the sappy stuff. On to your team.

Looks like you are going to set up some amazing intense divisional games.
Can anyone hit me with the first game they play against the bruins? (please say its a home game for the sabres)

Kaleta-Ott-Scott

Kaleta v. Campbell
Scott v. Lucic
Ott v. Thornton

Could be a doozy.

cheers to a fun year guys, maybe see you down there some time and get a beer or three.
Well that explains it.

Like any city, Buffalo has it's nice areas, it's gorgeous areas, and it's ghettos. Buffalo is just an extreme example of urban sprawling, the center of the city is decaying but the suburbs are very nice. Except for Lackawanna of course.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Well that explains it.

Like any city, Buffalo has it's nice areas, it's gorgeous areas, and it's ghettos. Buffalo is just an extreme example of urban sprawling, the center of the city is decaying but the suburbs are very nice. Except for Lackawanna of course.
i didn't wanna lie and say that i stayed downtown. The suburbs are full of great things to do. Just don't see how the Buffalo gets the flack.

and about Lucic vs Scott. screw it. Who cares if Milan wants to fight him.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Nibbler

vCash: 137
Our first game against the Bruins is in Boston on October 30th. It looks like we don't play them at home until December 1st. Looking forward to those games for sure!

Nibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:39 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Well that explains it.

I stay downtown (Comfort Suites on Main St.) every time I go to games. It's great. The times I don't have the kids with me after the game I walk down Chippewa or take a short jaunt up to Allentown for good times.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:23 PM
CrankyJay

Well yeah, Williamsville is one of the wealthiest suburbs of Buffalo so of course it looks great.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Well yeah, Williamsville is one of the wealthiest suburbs of Buffalo so of course it looks great.
I did not know that. Just knew that it was a nice area and whenever we went out to the bars, restaurants, etc. Everyone was welcoming, even when they found out we were leaf loving Canadians.

Wasn't like we were staying out of the city on purpose. Everything is close and easy to get to on the outskirts.

Anyway. I hope there isn't a lockout and can travel down there for some rowdy leaf vs sabre games. cheers.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Williamsville/Amherst I believe was voted as 1st or top 5 of the safest places in the United States to live . I believe top 5. I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure they were #1 in a vote a few years back. Also Buffalo has a beautiful lake that i love to go fishing in. Lake Erie. I also like to fish in Lake Ontario which is only about 40 min. drive from Buffalo.

Now with that Boston game. I truly hope the Sabres set the tone that game Oct. 30th. Get it over with. Then play hockey and win for the remainder games. I truly hope Lucic has the balls to step up to Scott when he calls out their whole team. Which i highly doubt. Here is to a great season that hopefully will start on time.

Anyone know if Girgensons can fight? The guy looks like a beast. Stocky build. Looks like he is a bull actually.

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:58 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Amherst has been the safest city in America (based on crime statistics) many times, and often ranks up there in the top 5 or 10.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote