Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Petes Will Beat The Knights Thursday

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2005, 10:57 PM
tuckerdomi

vCash: 500
Petes Will Beat The Knights Thursday

I predict the petes will beat the Knights this thursday, Dick Todd will get his 500th win. Sold out crowd at home in the Petes Barn. Go Petes

Old
01-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Boomhower

Jeez, I didn't even have to give out my credit card number, already I like you better than Miss Cleo.

Old
01-19-2005, 09:06 AM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdomi
I predict the petes will beat the Knights this thursday, Dick Todd will get his 500th win. Sold out crowd at home in the Petes Barn. Go Petes

I bet theres atleast 500 -1000 fans from London to make the sellout. And London plays Wendesday, Thurs, Friday and Sundy all on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose a game or 2.

I must say its pretty brave of you to predict PBO to beat a team chasing CHL records though. Can you give me a prediciton of the score to?

Old
01-19-2005, 01:32 PM
tuckerdomi

I think they can do it, but I love hearing other peoples comments, thats why I posted it, im suprised people havnt been bashing me to bad, I wouldnt say there are 1000 people from London at the game, maybe some students at the college and university will attend, Peterborough is a huge haockey town. There are many Peterborugh players that play in the NHL and many more to come, Corey Perry is one of them. I predcit the score to be 5-4 Petes

Old
01-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Default101

if anyone would be able to stop london it would be either Peterborough, or Owen Sound, i can't see PBO winning but if they do it would be a 2-1 final

Old
01-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
I bet theres atleast 500 -1000 fans from London to make the sellout. And London plays Wendesday, Thurs, Friday and Sundy all on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose a game or 2.

I must say its pretty brave of you to predict PBO to beat a team chasing CHL records though. Can you give me a prediciton of the score to?
lol we have a section in sarnia for that stuff, theres a specific section behind the 1st/3rd sarnia goal and every game the first 12 rows of it are filled with fans from the other team, except for the Sarnia/London games, you see people walkin around with Black/Yellow and Green/White like the Cripts and Bloods are about to go at it in South Central LA lol

Old
01-19-2005, 10:12 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
And London plays Wendesday, Thurs, Friday and Sundy all on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose a game or 2.
Here go the excuses already, I guess that's why you lost today aswell.

Old
01-20-2005, 09:08 AM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Here go the excuses already, I guess that's why you lost today aswell.

its not an excuse, i'm saying i think they will lose 1 or 2 games of the 4. and yes they lost last night to a very hot goalie. good for him, thats the only way to beat london. they outshoot every team by a wide margin usually 40+ to 20-30 range.

i wish the London/Pbo game was on tv ...........DAMN IT :mad:

Old
01-20-2005, 06:57 PM
tuckerdomi

Petes are up 3-2 going into the second

Old
01-20-2005, 07:34 PM
London Knights

The reffing has been brutal in the game. It has been very poorly officated and things finally boiled over near the end of the second period.

The Petes lead the Knights 5-2 and most likely win this game, but to say that the officating hasn't had anything to do with the score is an understatement. The Knights haven't been angels in the game, but had 26 PIM to the Petes 10 over the first 33 minutes of the game.

Old
01-20-2005, 07:58 PM
tuckerdomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Knights
The reffing has been brutal in the game. It has been very poorly officated and things finally boiled over near the end of the second period.

The Petes lead the Knights 5-2 and most likely win this game, but to say that the officating hasn't had anything to do with the score is an understatement. The Knights haven't been angels in the game, but had 26 PIM to the Petes 10 over the first 33 minutes of the game.
Few stupid penalties, Bolland took a dumb one, Elbow right in front of the ref and some other meathead was involved in a few....Nice line Brawl, petes up 5-2

Old
01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
FearTheFlyers

5-2 Petes, Perry starts a line brawl, Kaleta ejected, Whitfield getting into it a bit in the stands, goalie fight, line brawl, etc...

Sounds like quite the game.

Old
01-20-2005, 08:10 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:

More excuses, you guys have a great team, but much like Dale Hunter, you need to accept that a loss is a loss.

Old
01-20-2005, 08:24 PM
London Knights

It has nothign to do with that. It is a brutally officiated match. The Knights deserved to lose the game because they didn't have it going, but the game has been an absolute travesty. I don't know why it automatically is whining about a loss when you say the officiating was brutal.

In the third Prust was knocked down nowhere near the puck 3 times on a shift. The first two right in front of the ref and no call. The third nowhere near the ref and a penalty is called.

As we speak right now, Perry was checked and received a cross-checking penalty for it.

Beaulieu high sticked a Petes player right in front of a ref and no call. A Knights player is hooked 30 seconds later and a penalty is called. During the stop in play, a Knights player is hooked around the neck area to the ice and the game goes to 4 on 4 hockey. Less than a minute later Bolland is given a game miscounduct and kicked out of the game. Dale Hunter is tossed from the game.

The game was lost roughly 5 minutes into the second period and at least 4 invisible penalties were called against the Knights with another 2-3 of the same called against the Petes. The game was completely out of control because of bad calls throughout the game that showed a complete lack of ability to comprehend the rules of hockey.

Old
01-20-2005, 08:46 PM
tuckerdomi

Quote:
Told yaah haha, wait to go Petes. 6-2 the final score. London has to many individuals. And a nut bar of a coach. There heading downhill. Go ahead and bash me, I love it.

Old
01-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
5-2 Petes, Perry starts a line brawl, Kaleta ejected, Whitfield getting into it a bit in the stands, goalie fight, line brawl, etc...

Sounds like quite the game.
It was actually cued off when Bealieu tried to go Kaleta and he just dropped in front of Bealieu and turtled. After that all hell broke loose and yes Perry helped get it going (and stayed in their and fought too), but if Kaleta just stands up and goes one on one with Bealieu than nothing else happens IMO.

The goalie fight was short with Dennis landing a big uppercut on MacDougall, than showing mercy after he went down.

http://www.petesvideos.com/Mac_Vs_Dennis.wmv

Old
01-21-2005, 06:32 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
It was actually cued off when Bealieu tried to go Kaleta and he just dropped in front of Bealieu and turtled. After that all hell broke loose and yes Perry helped get it going (and stayed in their and fought too), but if Kaleta just stands up and goes one on one with Bealieu than nothing else happens IMO.

The goalie fight was short with Dennis landing a big uppercut on MacDougall, than showing mercy after he went down.

http://www.petesvideos.com/Mac_Vs_Dennis.wmv
Ok, I didn't see the game, just going on 2nd hand info, maybe Mike Brown can take some tips from McDougald about what to do when the other team's goalie runs you.

Old
01-21-2005, 06:34 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:

to say that the officating hasn't had anything to do with the score is an understatement.
Quote:
. I don't know why it automatically is whining about a loss when you say the officiating was brutal.

Right. gotcha.

Old
01-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Chootoi

last time i checked, there was only 1 loss column, there's no 'loss because the ref sucked' column. every team gets bad calls. it happens. that's hockey. good teams adjust their game to stay out of the box.

Old
01-21-2005, 08:08 AM
London Knights

Quote:
Right. gotcha.
I said it had an influence on the score. Not on every Peterborough goal. Check the stats. They won 6-2. If 2 of their powerplay goals came on plays that shouldn't have been penalties in the first place to how others weren't called earlier that still makes the game 4-2.

Funny how you can point out how wrong I am about the game when you have already openly admitted to not seeing any of the game.

Old
01-21-2005, 08:59 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:

Funny how you can point out how wrong I am about the game when you have already openly admitted to not seeing any of the game.
But you have said nothing about the game, just the refs, and I just pointed out a contradiction.

Old
01-21-2005, 10:12 AM
trahans99

What an ugly game and maybe a rivalry has been created. I can't wait to Feb 4th... should be quite a different game.

This is the first time London has faced adversity this year, tonights game and Sunday will show a lot about the character of the team. As for the babboon that says London is going down, its 2 games.........oh my god we lost 2 games and now were going down the tubes.... then Pbo, Kitchern and OwenSOund have gone down the tubes many timessssssssssssssssssss

Old
01-22-2005, 02:09 PM
tuckerdomi

I think the ref did what he could, the game got out of hand, and London is a bunch of chippy whiners, boohoo, you cant win them all, bunch of spoiled hot dogs.

Old
01-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Stoags

Quote:
I think the ref did what he could, the game got out of hand, and London is a bunch of chippy whiners, boohoo, you cant win them all, bunch of spoiled hot dogs.

Good comment considering the 2 guys in your username are the 2 biggest chippy whiners in the NHL.. I am going to give Peterborough some credit they did what they had to do to win, got under Londons skin abit, although the ref did that as well, but they still scored on their PP's and London's PK must have not played that well...Congrats to Dick Todd, but as a London fan I am not worried at all , good for stuff like this to happen to the Knights in Jan, and not come playoff time, just might be the wakeup call they need....

Old
01-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Dion Mustard*

Quote:
Why is it every time the Knights have fewer power plays then their opponent, it's called bad officiating? But when they are consitantly put on the PP, the ref is doing a great job.

Closed Thread