HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Political Stuff That Just Ain't Thread Worthy ‎- Part V

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Free Kassian

vCash: 500
Isn't Allen running again?

Old
08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
Isn't Allen running again?
Yeah, he's tied with Tim Kaine, a guy who's actually pretty decent.

Old
08-19-2012, 09:03 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
you forgot the but in any case, my point is, if you support abortion on demand as defined by Roe, thats fine, we disagree, but thats fine...

but dont say that a woman can do whatever she wants... we dont let a woman(or man) drink alcohol until they are 21 but we will let her terminate a 3rd trimester pregnancy?

see my point?
I rarely use emoticons. I feel the statements should stand on their own.

We are not going to agree.

I am fine with that.

I suspect we would oppose each other on a lot of issues. And I don't really care.

Old
08-19-2012, 09:11 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
People voted for George Allen after he called that guy "Macaca," heck, he's still a viable politician.

Akin losing is more than enough; I'm not even certain McCaskill has it in the bag.
and they will still vote for biden after he invoked slavery..

can we all just agree there are sadly far too many stupid people in politics, in both parties??

Old
08-19-2012, 09:12 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
I rarely use emoticons. I feel the statements should stand on their own.

We are not going to agree.

I am fine with that.

I suspect we would oppose each other on a lot of issues. And I don't really care.
fair enough, I was merely trying to point out the fallacy of such absolutist statements like "a woman should be allowed to do anything with her body that she chooses"

Old
08-19-2012, 09:15 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Are you guys being intentionally disingenuous?

The way you guys were talking, I would swear Todd Akin said **** was awesome. He said a scientifically inaccurate statement. Offensive? Uhhh no.

Statistically he was right, less than 0.1% of abortions are reported as being because of **** or incest.

Though the left has some pretty good evidence that its pretty common in the fact that Operation Rescue has PP employees responding to such incidents like it happened every day.

Anyways Allen lost because said a word that if you said the name of a monkey species wrong, sounded the same, the wiki article even points out the word is made up by George Allen. No one ever said it before him, yet the left called it crazy that he said he made up the word. They found it so more convenient to say its was a racist term against Africans and hid the fact it was said to a Indian guy.

Old
08-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post

The way you guys were talking, I would swear Todd Akin said **** was awesome. He said a scientifically inaccurate statement. Offensive? Uhhh no.

**** victims may beg to differ.

Old
08-19-2012, 09:44 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
**** victims may beg to differ.
What kind of ****ing standard is that?

Is something racist because it doesn't portray Obama in a positive light? Toure is clearly black and he says it is racist, therefore I guess by your own standards, its racist.

You can find someone on any side of an issue to pretend they were offended. Todd Akin if he wanted to could get a woman who was ***** to say they are offended by your fake offendedness.

Old
08-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Rob

Quote:
What kind of ****ing standard is that?

Is something racist because it doesn't portray Obama in a positive light? Toure is clearly black and he says it is racist, therefore I guess by your own standards, its racist.

You can find someone on any side of an issue to pretend they were offended. Todd Akin if he wanted to could get a woman who was ***** to say they are offended by your fake offendedness.
The swear filter caused some confusion here so let me try again.

Victims of sexual assault would find what Akin said offensive.

Myself I find it idiotic.

Old
08-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:

Statistically he was right, less than 0.1% of abortions are reported as being because of **** or incest.

Though the left has some pretty good evidence that its pretty common in the fact that Operation Rescue has PP employees responding to such incidents like it happened every day.
Legitimate ****? He was implying women who get pregnant from **** were lying about being *****. That's pretty offensive.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:00 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
fair enough, I was merely trying to point out the fallacy of such absolutist statements like "a woman should be allowed to do anything with her body that she chooses"
I support a woman's right to chose.

Obviously there is a law that speaks to the legal viability of the fetus.

And within that construct, I support a woman's right to chose in consulation with her doctor.

I suspect you don't.

Again...I am fine with that. And I still don't really care what you think

Old
08-19-2012, 10:06 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
Legitimate ****? He was implying women who get pregnant from **** were lying about being *****. That's pretty offensive.
What a ****ing pointless debate, if we are going to go on your paranoid delusions that he implied such a thing, when he didn't.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon

Citing historical precedent and past academic studies, Nate Silver estimates a 10 point swing or greater in the polls against Akin and towards McCaskill:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...medium=twitter

Old
08-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Where did he say that?
He said that pregnancy from **** was almost impossible if it is "legitimate" so if a ***** woman was pregnant then more likely than not, the **** wasn't "legitimate."

Old
08-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Slopo

Quote:

Anyways Allen lost because said a word that if you said the name of a monkey species wrong, sounded the same, the wiki article even points out the word is made up by George Allen. No one ever said it before him, yet the left called it crazy that he said he made up the word. They found it so more convenient to say its was a racist term against Africans and hid the fact it was said to a Indian guy.
There are still over 30,000 cases of pregnancies due to **** every year. Just because they all don't end up as an abortion doesn't mean there aren't many more babies born due to ****.

But silly them! If only their bodies had told the **** sperm to "GET OUT" since they were part of a "legitimate ****", then this would have all been prevented.

The guy serves on the House SCIENCE committee. The ****ing SCIENCE committee and he doesn't even know how sex works.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:15 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Citing historical precedent and past academic studies, Nate Silver estimates a 10 point swing or greater in the polls against Akin and towards McCaskill:

Quote:
Some Republican activists on social media platforms, perhaps going through a similar calculation, are calling on Mr. Akin to withdraw from the race. An effort to replace a candidate on the ballot would create controversy of its own, potentially including legal challenges.
What legal challenges? Democrats suing that he must be kept on the ballot even though the law has been clearly pointed out a billion times by the people calling for him to drop out that they can withdraw 11 weeks before the election and the RNC will choose his replacement, 11 weeks being Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopo View Post
There are still over 30,000 cases of pregnancies due to **** every year. Just because they all don't end up as an abortion doesn't mean there aren't many more babies born due to ****.

But silly them! If only their bodies had told the **** sperm to "GET OUT" since they were part of a "legitimate ****", then this would have all been prevented.

The guy serves on the House SCIENCE committee. The ****ing SCIENCE committee and he doesn't even know how sex works.
Where did you get these numbers?

Old
08-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Rob

Wanna bet he also thinks the world is 6000 years old.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Slopo

Quote:
"A 1996 study by the American Journal of Obstetricians and Gynecologists found “****-related pregnancy occurs with significant frequency” and is “a cause of many unwanted pregnancies” — an estimated “32,101 pregnancies result from **** each year.”
From the article I posted. Replace the **** with the r-word.

The data's is 16 years old, so I'm sure the numbers have gone up since then.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:28 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:

Well, she certainly needs the boost, because Claire has been perceived to be in trouble.

But I see hie's walking back his comments already.

Another, "I stand by my principles" kind of guy...Unless it costs him a shot at power.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Vyacheslav
Pro

Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:

That's not exactly what he is claiming though. He is saying that because the woman's body will react in a way that prevents it from being impregnated after ****, pretty much any woman who claims to want an abortion because she was ***** is lying. Because, in his world, a woman's body knows when it is being sexed against its will and will via some sort of biological process prevent the pregnancy from happening.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:38 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Wanna bet he also thinks the world is 6000 years old.
I don't care. All I know is the world isn't 4.5 billion years old, so they didn't follow the scientific method to come to that number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopo View Post
From the article I posted. Replace the **** with the r-word.

The data's is 16 years old, so I'm sure the numbers have gone up since then.
Rough statistics of 4 million births, 1 million abortions, would say 4/5 pregnancies are kept. 2/3 of pregnancies from **** are kept. So basically 14% differential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav View Post
That's not exactly what he is claiming though. He is saying that because the woman's body will react in a way that prevents it from being impregnated after ****, pretty much any woman who claims to want an abortion because she was ***** is lying. Because, in his world, a woman's body knows when it is being sexed against its will and will via some sort of biological process prevent the pregnancy from happening.
Holy ****, I'm a patriotic American. I need to report you to the government so you can never attain guns, because you are clearly a schizo.

Where did he say anything about anyone lying.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
I don't care. All I know is the world isn't 4.5 billion years old, so they didn't follow the scientific method to come to that number.

Rough statistics of 4 million births, 1 million abortions, would say 4/5 pregnancies are kept. 2/3 of pregnancies from **** are kept. So basically 14% differential.

Holy ****, I'm a patriotic American. I need to report you to the government so you can never attain guns, because you are clearly a schizo.

Implication and inference exists in linguistics, you are denying basic traits of language. I suppose you don't believe in the basics of linguistics because Noam Chomsky was a linguist...

Old
08-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon

Donald Trump plans to "fire" an Obama impersonator at the Republican National Convention:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1790556.html

No word yet on whether or not this will be proceeded by a minstrel show.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Donald Trump plans to "fire" an Obama impersonator at the Republican National Convention:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1790556.html

No word yet on whether or not this will be proceeded by a minstrel show.
Robert Michel is still alive, so he would be able to enjoy it.

Old
08-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Vyacheslav
Pro

Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:

Is English your native language? He clearly implies that:

Quote:
"It seems to me first of all from what I understand from doctors that's really rare," Akin said. "If it's a legitimate ****, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin said of a **** victim's chances of becoming pregnant.
You're a patriotic American and want to take away my right to bear arms? I don't remember the second amendment saying the right did not apply to schizophrenics. If the founding fathers wanted to prevent mentally ill people from having guns they would have said so, commie.

Closed Thread