Fantasy Football Advice/Roster Discussion Thread 2012

Old
11-17-2012, 03:10 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I think your receivers are too good to make this deal. As a Mathews owner I can tell you how frustrating it is to have him. The guy never breaks off runs, you're always worried about him getting hurt (apparently he is again), he doesn't see the field on 3rd downs or in the 2-minute drill, and he doesn't get goal line carries. Bottom line he just doesn't produce, and there's nothing to indicate that he will start anytime soon. Harvin should be back after the bye, and Jennings will likely be back for the fantasy playoffs. And with Moore as good as he's been playing you really only need one of the two guys. If you were weak at receiver I'd consider this deal, but given your situation I'd stand pat.
Thanks for the advice. I did stand pat. It was tough to stay still at the deadline while facing a likely loss in Week 11 and fighting for 3rd/4th place (I started Hartline... d'oh). But the more I thought about it, going into the final weeks here.. Green/Harvin/Moore is more then adequate, and if Jennings ever makes an impact I'll be happy.

Just have to hope Luck keeps it up/Newton decides to bring his A game and I think I can make a run for the championships.

That being said, last place in our league (1-9) and First place cut a pretty sleezy deal last night that I'm hoping everyone has the smarts to veto (otherwise we're screwed). It was outrageously one-sided (last place trades Jimmy Graham, Trent Richardson and Vincent Jackson for Gonzales, Bradshaw and Floyd...). Can't see any logic behind that trade other then some cash under the table.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 06:16 PM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
That being said, last place in our league (1-9) and First place cut a pretty sleezy deal last night that I'm hoping everyone has the smarts to veto (otherwise we're screwed). It was outrageously one-sided (last place trades Jimmy Graham, Trent Richardson and Vincent Jackson for Gonzales, Bradshaw and Floyd...). Can't see any logic behind that trade other then some cash under the table.
Oh that is terrible. Granted Gonzalez has actually scored more than Graham, but you'd still take Graham over him. The other two aren't even remotely close. They didn't even try to make it look reasonable. Lol.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Leafer 21

Wow what a pick up reece was for this week

Leafer 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 07:42 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
both teams i played had blackmon and johnson.... -__- FML

down 5 in one with niners D to play

Last edited by TML g u n n e R s*: 11-19-2012 at 11:32 AM.
TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Up by 10, with Gould left, but he has Forte. This shall be close.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
TLinden16
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Up by 10, with Gould left, but he has Forte. This shall be close.
I'm up by 6... I have Robbie Gould, he has Matt Forte....

Fingers crossed man!

What a **** week for me, McCoy = gone, Harvin= still injured, Hernandez = still injured, Jennings= still injured. Denarius Moore = No show, Hartline = No show.

There is a reason my team is named AJExpress, him and Lynch are the only two who consistently perform.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I'm in a bind in my 16 team TD-only league. 1 week left in the regular season and I think I'm the final playoff team right now. Murray has been out so I've been plodding out Rashad Jennings who recently got benched.

So with that being said how would you rank the following? For both this week and going forward:

Ronnie Hillman
-Was high on him pre-season and even drafted him in 1 league. McGahee is now out. But will Ball steal carries or will Moreno resurrect from the dead?
LSH
-Wells due back soon.
James Starks
-Seems to have taken over starters role but not really a running team and Benson is on return-IR.
Marcel Reece
-When McFadden gets back he's back to blocking.
Mark Ingram
-Musical RBs here on a passing team with Sproles back, but has lead team in carries recently.

There's also Bilal Powel, Daniel Thomas and Jalen Parmele.

Also, same league, rank these guys (WR=TE). I have Harvin hurt and am getting tired of Hartline and Roberts.

Hilton, Blackmon, Pettigrew, Myers, Rudolph, Bess, Gresham, Little, Gibson, Givens, D.Jones.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

So McGahee's done for the season? Not good heading into playoffs.

Picked up Dwyer last night.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Fighter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post

I traded Torrey Smith for McGahee at the trade deadline...

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
tbcwpg

I don't have Mcgahee but I had Ronnie Hillman on my bench forever until I dropped him this week for Brandon Stokley.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
wow, what a crappy week.

Gronk goes down.
Mathews sucks like usual.
I get 6 pts COMBINED from my QB, K, and DST
Murray, Harvin and Jennings still out

If Vernon Davis manages to get -625 receiving yards, I'll win.

smh

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:16 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Ronnie Hillman
-Was high on him pre-season and even drafted him in 1 league. McGahee is now out. But will Ball steal carries or will Moreno resurrect from the dead?
LSH
-Wells due back soon.
James Starks
-Seems to have taken over starters role but not really a running team and Benson is on return-IR.
Marcel Reece
-When McFadden gets back he's back to blocking.
Mark Ingram
-Musical RBs here on a passing team with Sproles back, but has lead team in carries recently.

There's also Bilal Powel, Daniel Thomas and Jalen Parmele.
Well in a TD only league Starks is out. Guy never scores. In a regular league I'd say Reece, Hillman, or Parmele for sure, but in TD only it could change things. There's concern Ball could be the goal line guy over Hillman. With Sproles back Ingram is fighting 3 guys for touches, so I'd pass on him. Parmele is a great start this week (Titans run D is awful) so if this week is important he'd probably be your best bet. If this week is critical I'd go Parmele or Reece (as long as McFadden's not back), but for the next month Hillman would be right there in the mix as well.

Quote:
Also, same league, rank these guys (WR=TE). I have Harvin hurt and am getting tired of Hartline and Roberts.

Hilton, Blackmon, Pettigrew, Myers, Rudolph, Bess, Gresham, Little, Gibson, Givens, D.Jones.
Rudolph is a TD or nothing guy, so he's out. Bess has no upside so I'd pass on him. Little is terrible so he's out. Gibson and Givens are a little too boom or bust for my taste (and their booms aren't even that great). Hilton's gotten a lot of targets this year, and he has a nice schedule from here on, so he's an option. Gresham's been pretty decent, so I'd consider him as well. Definitely would consider Myers as they have a nice schedule and have been passing a ton. Blackmon now becomes intriguing with Henne starting along with the week he just put up. I'm an upside guy, and with Blackmon getting more targets lately accompanied by last week's performance and the QB switch, I'd take him first. Some combination of Hilton, Myers, Gresham after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post

I don't see Dwyer doing much the rest of the way. I'd look to see if Reece, Parmele, Hillman are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
I traded Torrey Smith for McGahee at the trade deadline...
(As a Torrey owner) That might actually be addition by subtraction.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:30 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
If you are in deeper leagues hillman is a good pickup

Old
11-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Fighter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
If you are in deeper leagues hillman is a good pickup
Scooped him as soon as the MCL tear story broke out. Given my luck he will do squat alas Rashard Jennings.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Well in a TD only league Starks is out. Guy never scores. In a regular league I'd say Reece, Hillman, or Parmele for sure, but in TD only it could change things. There's concern Ball could be the goal line guy over Hillman. With Sproles back Ingram is fighting 3 guys for touches, so I'd pass on him. Parmele is a great start this week (Titans run D is awful) so if this week is important he'd probably be your best bet. If this week is critical I'd go Parmele or Reece (as long as McFadden's not back), but for the next month Hillman would be right there in the mix as well.
Some dude picked up Reece at like 2am. I put in for Hillman at like 9am this morning (Commish must approve transactions since it costs $ to add) but since he was on just before then to approve the Reece move I assume I'll get him.

Quote:
Rudolph is a TD or nothing guy, so he's out. Bess has no upside so I'd pass on him. Little is terrible so he's out. Gibson and Givens are a little too boom or bust for my taste (and their booms aren't even that great). Hilton's gotten a lot of targets this year, and he has a nice schedule from here on, so he's an option. Gresham's been pretty decent, so I'd consider him as well. Definitely would consider Myers as they have a nice schedule and have been passing a ton. Blackmon now becomes intriguing with Henne starting along with the week he just put up. I'm an upside guy, and with Blackmon getting more targets lately accompanied by last week's performance and the QB switch, I'd take him first. Some combination of Hilton, Myers, Gresham after that.
As for WR I'm gonna wait and see what happens with Harvin. If Harvin plays I might not add a WR.

If I do it'll probably be Blackmon, Hilton or Myers if they're still there while I wait. Possibly even Pettigrew or Broyles given the Titus Young situation.

It's funny, in this league its the final week. If I win I'm in the playoffs and could even win my division and get a BYE, if I lose I could miss the playoffs altogether or at best be one of the final playoff teams.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Aquin001 on Ice

What are the odds of me tying twice in a season!? Broncos D/ST gets a sack for my opponent on the last play of the game to bring our score to 91-91 -_-. Now 5-4-2 on the year. Pretty crappy week with McCoy going down, but I'm still confident in my team to pull me into the playoffs.

Aquin001 on Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 05:43 PM
TLinden16
Horse

McCoy's injury has me thanking the heavens I didn't trade Alfred Morris.

I'm looking to pick up a backup RB, would you guys place Reece or Hillman higher on the waiver priority? Hillman's schedule is a dream but I feel more confident in Reece for TDs.

Dropping Hartline after this stinker.

Looking at Danario Alexander, Hilton, Lance Moore as replacements (Garcon, Blackmon and Shorts as well). As long as Harvin makes it back they won't be getting any playing time, unless Denarius Moore gives me another dud this week.

Last edited by TLinden16: 11-20-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 05:49 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

put in a claim for hillman and parolee, hope i got the highest bid!

Old
11-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
What does everyone think about Parmele?

And how would you rank these flex guys on the ww, either for next week or ros?

Shorts, Parmele, Tate, Alexander, Bryce Brown?

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post

Assuming Willy stays hot. I like Tate. Shorts is a decent option aswel. Don't know too much about the others and their schedules.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:59 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
So Im sitting at 7-4 and in 3rd in the league. However McGahee just went down for me. My RBs are T Richardson, B Wells, J Starks and I put a claim in for R Hillman. So Im obviously not very strong there.

I have a glut of WR S Smith, L Fitzgerald, M Colston, M Floyd, S Rice and A Roberts I also have Newton and Freeman as QBs. My question is how should I go about trying to acquire a #2RB? Im not very good yet when it comes to value, as its my first year of fantasy football and really my first year of following it really closely. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 11:23 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

I'm still kind of in the market for a RB, though with DMC possibly returning this week, its not desperate.

Is Beanie Wells worth the pick-up this week, or would Hillman be a better choice?

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:42 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
I'm looking to pick up a backup RB, would you guys place Reece or Hillman higher on the waiver priority? Hillman's schedule is a dream but I feel more confident in Reece for TDs.
Reece has been an absolute stud, so until DMC returns I'd rank him higher. Problem is that could be as early as this week. With Hillman you know (barring injury) he should be the guy there through the fantasy playoffs. I'd rather Hillman.

Quote:
Looking at Danario Alexander, Hilton, Lance Moore as replacements (Garcon, Blackmon and Shorts as well). As long as Harvin makes it back they won't be getting any playing time, unless Denarius Moore gives me another dud this week.
Those are some quality options. Alexander's been phenomenal, but it is only two weeks, so we don't know for sure if it'll continue. I don't know if Garcon will be healthy enough this year to put him ahead of some of these guys. Moore and Shorts have been the best the entire season, so they'd be your safest bets, with Alexander and Blackmon probably having the most upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
I like him. Just picked him up in one of my leagues. It doesn't sound like he's a great talent, but he was the bell cow last week, and he's the starter moving forward (until MJD returns). You accompany that with the fact that he has the Titans and Bills the next two weeks (who have given up the most points to RBs in the entire league) and I like him quite a bit.

Quote:

I'm always partial to RBs, so for this week I'd definitely rank Parmele number one. We don't know how long MJD will be out, nor do we know how serious McCoy's concussion is, so for the rest of the season Shorts and Alexander are probably your safer bets. Shorts has been solid all year, but Alexander probably has more upside. That being said, if these next two weeks are critical in terms of making your playoffs, I'd go Parmele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
So Im sitting at 7-4 and in 3rd in the league. However McGahee just went down for me. My RBs are T Richardson, B Wells, J Starks and I put a claim in for R Hillman. So Im obviously not very strong there.

I have a glut of WR S Smith, L Fitzgerald, M Colston, M Floyd, S Rice and A Roberts I also have Newton and Freeman as QBs. My question is how should I go about trying to acquire a #2RB? Im not very good yet when it comes to value, as its my first year of fantasy football and really my first year of following it really closely. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'd be happy to evaluate any specific deals, but for now this will give you a general idea. This thing is fantastic. I don't necessarily agree with all of the values, but it gives you a very good idea as to what guys are roughly worth.

Fantasy Trade Value Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
I'm still kind of in the market for a RB, though with DMC possibly returning this week, its not desperate.

Is Beanie Wells worth the pick-up this week, or would Hillman be a better choice?
I think Beanie's worth a pickup (in general), but I'd prefer Hillman. The Cards being as terrible as they are really limits Beanie's upside. With Hillman you have a guy on a far more explosive offense who also has a pretty favorable schedule. Not to mention Beanie can never seem to stay healthy. I'd definitely go with Hillman.

Last edited by BGDDYKWL: 11-21-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old
11-21-2012, 05:09 AM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

This past week was depressing for me. Gronk goes down, McGahee goes down, Matt Ryan five int's. Luckily I have a decent tight end on my bench in Bennett but theres no way he fills the hole that Gronk leaves. Praying I get Hillman off waivers to salvage my rb position or else I'll be stuck with someone like Chris Ivory or possible Beanie Wells as my rb2.

SugarSherm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
This past week was depressing for me. Gronk goes down, McGahee goes down, Matt Ryan five int's. Luckily I have a decent tight end on my bench in Bennett but theres no way he fills the hole that Gronk leaves. Praying I get Hillman off waivers to salvage my rb position or else I'll be stuck with someone like Chris Ivory or possible Beanie Wells as my rb2.
I was pretty much in the same boat. I had Gronk on both my teams (3rd round pick). It could have been worse had I not ended up with Daniels and Hillman in my 8-team league and Finley to go with the Red Zone Reindeer in a 12-team PPR league.

My PPR team with Matty Int5 ended up winning by 50+ points. The other team lost by 6 because of stinkers from Luck, Foster, Fitzgerald, D. Moore, and Houston D. Seriously, how the **** do you even give up 37 points to the Jags? Chad ****ing Henne? That ****er can't even beat Appalachian ****ing State! [/endrant]

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote