Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football Advice/Roster Discussion Thread 2012

Old
11-29-2012, 02:04 AM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
What do people think about rolling with the Jets D for the rest of the year?

Week 13 - vs. Cardinals
Week 14 - at Jaguars
Week 15 - at Titans
Week 16 - vs. Chargers
Very tempting. I just picked them up this week. Gotta love that schedule. Things don't always play out as you would expect, but those are great matchups. I think that could definitely be the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
With DeSean Jackson on the IR, who's the hotest commodity on the waiver wire... Brandon LaFell, Justin Blackmon, etc?
Broyles was mentioned, he would definitely be an option. Blackmon's solid as well though. LaFell's been getting more targets lately but I'd still put him third of this group. I'd go Blackmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I need to drop one of these DST heading into the playoffs.

Chargers
Ravens
Steelers

Thinking of dropping the Chargers even though they lead the 3 in points.
Steelers D has done absolutely nothing this year, but they do have a nice matchup week 14 against the Chargers. That being said, the Steelers have been giving up a ton of points to defenses, and there's no guarantee Ben will be back for that game, and if he's not I'd prefer the Chargers D anyway. Aside from this week with Pitt the Ravens don't have an attractive schedule at all, but you feel like their D has the ability to score on anyone. SD has Pitt, Car, and the Jets 14-16, so there's no way I'm dropping them. I'd definitely get rid of the Steelers.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:10 PM
JD12

Alright got two teams this year one is 11-1 and my second is 6-6 I wanna get the second into the postseason but need a win this week. To set the perfect lineup I have at RB1 Ray Rice and need a 2nd guy and my pickings are slim. I could go:

Bryce Brown @ DAL
Fred Jackson vs JAC
Johnathon Dwyer @ BAL
Or I could pick up Dangelo Williams @ KC

None of these are slam dunks but what's my best option?

I am much deeper at WR but need help picking 2 to start and probably 1 FLEX.

Andre Johnson @ TEN
Vincent Jackson @ DEN
Cecil Shorts @ BUF
Malcom Floyd vs CIN
Percy Harvin @ GB
Torrey Smith vs PIT

Pretty desperate for some help here.

JD12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Dragon Priest
Go Pens, Go Sharks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD12 View Post
Alright got two teams this year one is 11-1 and my second is 6-6 I wanna get the second into the postseason but need a win this week. To set the perfect lineup I have at RB1 Ray Rice and need a 2nd guy and my pickings are slim. I could go:

Bryce Brown @ DAL
Fred Jackson vs JAC
Johnathon Dwyer @ BAL

None of these are slam dunks but what's my best option?

Andre Johnson @ TEN
Vincent Jackson @ DEN
Cecil Shorts @ BUF
Malcom Floyd vs CIN
Percy Harvin @ GB
Torrey Smith vs PIT

For the first one, I'd go Dwyer or Brown. It seems like the Bills and Chan Gailey are leaning towards giving C.J. Spiller the majority of the carries going forward. The Ravens can be run on. Its just a matter of if the Steelers O-line can block and if Dwyer can hang on to the ball. Mike Tomlin did name Dwyer the starter going forward. Brown had a huge game on Monday Night and could have another big game getting most of the carries for the Eagles. He is a tempting play. I'd pick between Dwyer or Brown

For the second, I'd start Andre Johnson, Cecil Shorts, and Percy Harvin (if he is healthy). Otherwise, I'd go with Vincent Jackson, although he has a tough match up. But he has been really good this year and has some good chemistry with Josh Freeman.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Dragon Priest
Go Pens, Go Sharks!

Was offered the following trade:

Would Acquire:
DeAngelo Williams

Would Trade Away:
Brandon Pettigrew

Should I take this deal? I have Jason Witten at TE and currently my RB's are Chris Johnson, Marshawn Lynch and Matt Forte (Who is banged up). I am leaning toward rejecting it as Williams has pretty much been a non-factor this year and Pettigrew still has some upside in the pass happy Lions offense. Thanks.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:14 PM
ForzaFCBAnaheim

I need some advice from the more seasoned fantasy football managers here on a trade offer I received.

I get: Ridley, Gordon + MIN DEF
I give: Nelson, Denarius Moore + Houston DEF

I guess what I'm really wondering here if Ridley is gonna be the RB1 for NE for the coming years or is he gonna be in somewhat of a time share with Vereen? I'm strongly leaning towards rejecting this trade, but the guy who countered me with this offered said that he wants Nelson for Ridley, so I'm thinking of offering him Nelson straight up for Ridley. It's a keeper, and I do have McCoy and Mathews as my RB keepers, but the latter has some question marks. At WR, I've Maclin and Green as my keepers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

ForzaFCBAnaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Darren Sproles only got 9 points against me. What a flippin relief. He always has those dominant 30 point games against me. Every. Single. Time.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Zorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaFCBAnaheim View Post
I need some advice from the more seasoned fantasy football managers here on a trade offer I received.

I get: Ridley, Gordon + MIN DEF
I give: Nelson, Denarius Moore + Houston DEF

I guess what I'm really wondering here if Ridley is gonna be the RB1 for NE for the coming years or is he gonna be in somewhat of a time share with Vereen? I'm strongly leaning towards rejecting this trade, but the guy who countered me with this offered said that he wants Nelson for Ridley, so I'm thinking of offering him Nelson straight up for Ridley. It's a keeper, and I do have McCoy and Mathews as my RB keepers, but the latter has some question marks. At WR, I've Maclin and Green as my keepers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

That's risky. Mathews sucks, so Ridley would be an upgrade over him. The problem with Ridley is the NE committee of RBs. Ridley has games where he puts up huge points, and then the next week he hardly touches the ball. It's frustrating.

On the other hand, you're giving up Nelson and Moore, who are both huge upgrades over Maclin. Nelson is now slightly risky with the return of Jennings. Jennings, Cobb, Nelson and Jones will all be options for Rodgers to pass too. Still, he's better than Maclin. Losing D Moore is tricky too because Oakland likes to pass the ball a lot.

In my opinion, I'd reject the trade. You're giving up too much WR depth for unreliable improvement to your RBs.

I would dangle Mathews + something for an upgrade at RB.

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Trap Jesus

How much do you think Cobb's production will be affected with Jennings returning, both this week and beyond?

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Rhaego

vCash: 50
Dropped Titus Young last week for Knowshon Moreno. Traded Knowshon Moreno for Larry Fitz this week and now my 11-1 team is looking set.

Cam Newton
AP
JC
MJD (if he ever plays)
VJax
Larry Fitz
Blackman
Garcon

Vernon Davis
Seattle Seahawks D/ST
Blair Walsh

Looks like a 14 team league championship team to me. Also which three WRs should I play?

Rhaego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:22 PM
ForzaFCBAnaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorf View Post
That's risky. Mathews sucks, so Ridley would be an upgrade over him. The problem with Ridley is the NE committee of RBs. Ridley has games where he puts up huge points, and then the next week he hardly touches the ball. It's frustrating.

On the other hand, you're giving up Nelson and Moore, who are both huge upgrades over Maclin. Nelson is now slightly risky with the return of Jennings. Jennings, Cobb, Nelson and Jones will all be options for Rodgers to pass too. Still, he's better than Maclin. Losing D Moore is tricky too because Oakland likes to pass the ball a lot.

In my opinion, I'd reject the trade. You're giving up too much WR depth for unreliable improvement to your RBs.

I would dangle Mathews + something for an upgrade at RB.
Thanks for the input, Zorf. I rejected his trade and countered with Ridley straight up for Nelson. He ended up accepting it so I'm cool with that. I was initially thinking of dangling Mathews but didn't want to sell so low on him, as he was my 2nd round pick after all.

ForzaFCBAnaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:43 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD12 View Post
Bryce Brown @ DAL
Fred Jackson vs JAC
Johnathon Dwyer @ BAL
I think DWill could actually have a decent week, but I really like Brown, he's almost a top 10 start at RB this week. I'd definitely go with him.

Quote:

Andre Johnson @ TEN
Vincent Jackson @ DEN
Cecil Shorts @ BUF
Malcom Floyd vs CIN
Percy Harvin @ GB
Torrey Smith vs PIT

AJ no doubt. Shorts returned to practice today so I'd pencil him in as well. Harvin's doubtful and the Steelers give up the least points to WRs in the league. Comes down to Floyd and VJax with Bailey on him. VJax hasn't topped 60 yards in the last 6 meetings with him, that being said, Revis is the only guy I'll sit one of my top WRs against, so I'd go VJax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
Was offered the following trade:

Would Acquire:
DeAngelo Williams

Would Trade Away:
Brandon Pettigrew

Should I take this deal? I have Jason Witten at TE and currently my RB's are Chris Johnson, Marshawn Lynch and Matt Forte (Who is banged up). I am leaning toward rejecting it as Williams has pretty much been a non-factor this year and Pettigrew still has some upside in the pass happy Lions offense. Thanks.
There's no question people feel Pettigrew has upside, problem is that's been the case for a while now. I think this is all you're gonna get with him. You're never gonna start him over Witten. I know DWill's been terrible this year but if Stewart's out a while it's conceivable he could start producing again. Question is would you ever start him over the RBs you have, and the answer is likely no. This comes down to who the other guy's TE is currently, and what TEs are on the waiver wire should Witten get hurt (which is unlikely).

Quote:
How much do you think Cobb's production will be affected with Jennings returning, both this week and beyond?
Tough to say. They're very high on Cobb there, and there's no question he has the talent, but Jennings is going to command a lot of targets. I actually don't think it hurts Cobb much. Finley is an afterthought in that offense now, Jordy's not producing like he did last year, and I think Jennings' return will have far more of an effect on James Jones. My guess is Cobb goes from being a low end WR1 to a solid WR2. That offense hasn't really been clicking, and Rodgers hasn't quite put up the numbers one would've expected, so I think Jennings' return boosts the offense more than hinders Cobb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Cam Newton
AP
JC
MJD (if he ever plays)
VJax
Larry Fitz
Blackman
Garcon

Vernon Davis
Seattle Seahawks D/ST
Blair Walsh

Looks like a 14 team league championship team to me. Also which three WRs should I play?
VJax doesn't have a great matchup, Blackmon missed a practice this week (although he's probable), and Garcon's still pretty fresh off the injury, but all that being said, I just can't trust Fitz anymore. Not to mention the Jets pass D is still one of the best in the league. I think you gotta sit Fitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaFCBAnaheim View Post
I was initially thinking of dangling Mathews but didn't want to sell so low on him, as he was my 2nd round pick after all.
I'm with you, and this is coming from someone who has been burned twice by Mathews. The guy was one of the top producers in all of fantasy per touch over the past two years. I feel like with Norv gone next year we could see the Mathews we hoped for in 2012.

Old
12-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Trap Jesus

^ Thanks for the help, BGDDYKWL.

I've got another issue. I'm pretty desperate to get rid of Foster right now, and I think I may have missed my chance to unload him for another elite back. The guy only got 11 carries today, and the Texans are 2 games up on second place in the AFC. There's no chance that he's going to be getting 20+ carries routinely now (which he absolutely needs to put up points), and I'm even wondering if he'll be sat entirely in the fantasy playoffs, so I want to trade him while he has at least some value left.

So, who do you think is the best back I can get for him in a one-for-one trade?

Old
12-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Stat corrections might give me another win. Went to bed thinking I lost 108-106, woke up and I won 107.62 - 107.47

Old
12-03-2012, 11:03 AM
ryan41
LETS GO RANGERS

up 30 points...all my players have played and the guy i am going against has Bradshaw and Nicks

if i win i clinch a playoff spot...i am a Giants fan so this is a major conflict of interest right now ah ha

go Cruz and Manning

ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:34 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Was down 15 entering last night's game...now up by 33 (opponent only has Nicks going tonight).

Thank you, Bryce and Dez!

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

Who would you pick up in a TD only league? I need WR help badly with Harvin/Roberts hurt, and I'm in the playoffs.

Brandon Myers
Brandon Pettigrew
Justin Blackmon
Donnie Avery
Kyle Rudolph (have Harvin though)
Jermain Gresham (have Green though)

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

MJD might play this week. Hallelujah. 2 more weeks until playoffs for my league. 2 weeks, 4 teams make it. I'm in 3rd right now at 8-5, and I'm tied with 3 other teams with the same record. This shall be interesting.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Who would you pick up in a TD only league? I need WR help badly with Harvin/Roberts hurt, and I'm in the playoffs.

Brandon Myers
Brandon Pettigrew
Justin Blackmon
Donnie Avery
Kyle Rudolph (have Harvin though)
Jermain Gresham (have Green though)
Gresham and Rudolph were picked up.

So new list (TD only):
Myers
Pettigrew
Blackmon
Avery
Givens

Who would you add?

Old
12-04-2012, 10:14 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Thoughts on playing Bryce Brown if McCoy makes it back this week?

Thoughts on doing so over Alfred Morris?

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:40 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
So, who do you think is the best back I can get for him in a one-for-one trade?
Sure thing. I still place Foster's value very high, so the only guy who you probably couldn't get for him would be AP (and Bryce Brown. Just kidding, sort of.). Foster is both as consistent and as productive as they come. I'm confident you should be able to find someone who isn't overly worried with the Texans shutting him down. The top 5 RBs right now (I think) are him, AP, Martin, Rice, and TRich, with Spiller coming on strong. Obviously we're down to 2-3 weeks depending on if you have a bye, so matchups will certainly play a pretty big factor at this point, but Foster's are fine. Ridley has bad playoff matchups, and the Seahawks and Niners play week 16 which hurts Lynch and Gore. Spiller's remaining schedule isn't great. TRich's isn't bad, and he's been super consistent. Might be your best option. I'd go after Martin first, but my guess is his owner won't trade him. CJ2K's schedule is decent, so that might be a last resort. I wouldn't go any lower in the rankings personally.

Quote:
Gresham and Rudolph were picked up.

So new list (TD only):
Myers
Pettigrew
Blackmon
Avery
Givens

Who would you add?
That's unfortunate because I was going to say Rudolph and then Gresham. Myers has been an absolute beast lately so I think I'd go with him. Seems to be the clear number one there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
Thoughts on playing Bryce Brown if McCoy makes it back this week?

Thoughts on doing so over Alfred Morris?
Zero chance McCoy plays this week IMO. And Tampa's run D is just middle of the road, so I would definitely start Brown over Morris.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Sure thing. I still place Foster's value very high, so the only guy who you probably couldn't get for him would be AP (and Bryce Brown. Just kidding, sort of.). Foster is both as consistent and as productive as they come. I'm confident you should be able to find someone who isn't overly worried with the Texans shutting him down. The top 5 RBs right now (I think) are him, AP, Martin, Rice, and TRich, with Spiller coming on strong. Obviously we're down to 2-3 weeks depending on if you have a bye, so matchups will certainly play a pretty big factor at this point, but Foster's are fine. Ridley has bad playoff matchups, and the Seahawks and Niners play week 16 which hurts Lynch and Gore. Spiller's remaining schedule isn't great. TRich's isn't bad, and he's been super consistent. Might be your best option. I'd go after Martin first, but my guess is his owner won't trade him. CJ2K's schedule is decent, so that might be a last resort. I wouldn't go any lower in the rankings personally.
The guy just accepted Foster for AP! I just kind of threw that offer out there before as a why not option, and he took it lol. Still has to go through the commish though. I actually already have Martin and Richardson. I was mainly deciding between Rice and Lynch, but I guess you think Rice is the clear option there, so I'll try to go with him if the trade doesn't get accepted.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

Would you drop Ronnie Hillman or Rashad Jennings?

Old
12-05-2012, 11:58 AM
FiveAndGame

Quote:
Both? Probably Hillman dropped before jennings, but that isn't saying much.

Quick question, which three should I play this week?

Bradshaw (NO)
Ridley (HOU)
Murray (CIN)
Leshoure (GB)

FiveAndGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 01:26 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Quote:
The important question is why do you still have Hillman on your team?

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndGame View Post
Both? Probably Hillman dropped before jennings, but that isn't saying much.

Quick question, which three should I play this week?

Bradshaw (NO)
Ridley (HOU)
Murray (CIN)
Leshoure (GB)
Bradshaw, Murray are obvious.

I'd take Leshoure over Ridley...Houston is not a good matchup.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote