Old
09-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
actually if Foster, Rice, and McCoy are off the board 1-3, I then would target McFadden, Murray, Johnson, or Matthews next. In no circumstance will I take a QB in round 1....

and actually there is no difference between McFadden, Foster, McCoy, or Rice. I actually believe McFadden will be the top back this year if healthy, only problem is he never has played more then 13 games in a year. McFadden is the most talented runner in the game, and if I cant get the big 3, I then target him as he will give you massive games throughout the year. His PPG is even more impressive then some of the big 3.. Then I get to follow up McFadden with a likely Murray, F. Jackson, or Matthews combo solidifying my runningbacks...which I have done in my one league.
No difference between McFadden, Foster, McCoy, Rice lol? right.

Funny thing is, you actually point out what the difference is pretty much immediately after you say that. There's a reason McFadden isn't part of a consensus top 4. There's also a reason why you posted all of your teams with McCoy and Foster and didn't bother to post the one with McFadden initially, and indeed why you drafted Foster and then McCoy over and over when no doubt DMC would have been available still.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:46 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
No difference between McFadden, Foster, McCoy, Rice lol? right.

Funny thing is, you actually point out what the difference is pretty much immediately after you say that. There's a reason McFadden isn't part of a consensus top 4. There's also a reason why you posted all of your teams with McCoy and Foster and didn't bother to post the one with McFadden initially, and indeed why you drafted Foster and then McCoy over and over when no doubt DMC would have been available still.
there is no difference between the four PPG rate, talent, and amount of touches....NONE.

the only difference is McFadden has been injury prone, but guess what? It seems sadly Foster is becoming that as well...

I own McFadden in two leagues, I view him at the same level as the other 3...just because I prefer McCoy over McFadden doesnt mean they're not in the same league...I prefer Foster over Rice...does that mean since I havent drafted Rice he isnt in their league? Nope.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:47 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
ADP doesn't mean anything in a trade though lol? so yeah, this whole post was pretty much a waste of time no need for mathematics champ.
oh lord.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:52 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
With Charles and Mathews I see one guy who has proven he can be amongst the leagues elite running backs and one who hasn't.
I see one runner with 2 good legs, and one runner with 1 good leg....and a vulture behind him...

as for what Charles has proved is one elite year and Matthews has one elite year....you act like Charles has done this for 5 years in a row or something...

I am a Charles fan, just wouldnt draft him anywhere near as high as he has been going. I wish him the best, I hope he tears it up as the league needs another dynamic back...but I seriously doubt we will see anything close to that this year

Old
09-08-2012, 11:54 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
ADP doesn't mean anything in a trade though lol? so yeah, this whole post was pretty much a waste of time no need for mathematics champ.
this is the dumbest comment I have seen.

if your not looking at trades as where you drafted players or if you got them off of waivers, then you have no idea how to run a fantasy team. ADP has a ton to do with trading as the value isnt just on a player for player basis, it also comes down to what you invested in these players and their ADP.

That is why people have such hard time giving away duds they drafted in the top 5 rounds, because they look at their ADP...its common sense man.

Old
09-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
there is no difference between the four PPG rate, talent, and amount of touches....NONE.

the only difference is McFadden has been injury prone, but guess what? It seems sadly Foster is becoming that as well...

I own McFadden in two leagues, I view him at the same level as the other 3...just because I prefer McCoy over McFadden doesnt mean they're not in the same league...I prefer Foster over Rice...does that mean since I havent drafted Rice he isnt in their league? Nope.
"There is no difference"

"the only difference"

See the problem here lol?

Quote:

Last edited by Morozov: 09-09-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old
09-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
I see one runner with 2 good legs, and one runner with 1 good leg....and a vulture behind him...

as for what Charles has proved is one elite year and Matthews has one elite year....you act like Charles has done this for 5 years in a row or something...

I am a Charles fan, just wouldnt draft him anywhere near as high as he has been going. I wish him the best, I hope he tears it up as the league needs another dynamic back...but I seriously doubt we will see anything close to that this year
Who is the guy with one good leg? by all accounts Charles is in great condition. Charles is the one who is healthy and good to go this week lol?

Umm, no. If you deem Mathews season last year as elite, then Charles has two elite years. I don't act like Charles has done this 5 years in a row, I act like Charles has shown much more in the NFL than Mathews has. Mathews is yet to touch the dominance that Charles displayed. When he does, let me know.

Old
09-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:

if your not looking at trades as where you drafted players or if you got them off of waivers, then you have no idea how to run a fantasy team. ADP has a ton to do with trading as the value isnt just on a player for player basis, it also comes down to what you invested in these players and their ADP.

That is why people have such hard time giving away duds they drafted in the top 5 rounds, because they look at their ADP...its common sense man.
Before throwing around statements like "this is the dumbest comment I have seen", you may want to learn the difference between "your" and "you're". Or, you know, just grow up and act like an adult instead of bandying around insults

ADP quickly becomes of little relevance. Ironically, you try to talk about how important it is, then give an example of why it is a negative. I'm not the type to hang on to a dud simply because he was drafted early, I'll hang on to him if I think he can turn it around, but I'm not going to think oh but but but I drafted him early, ADP doesn't generate points, ADP doesn't win you games. That may be a problem you have, more power to you.

Last edited by Morozov: 09-09-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old
09-09-2012, 10:39 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
so fred jackson might be out a while... FML

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
I'll give you Chris Johnson

For free.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Fighter
Legend

Welker IN, Cobb and Moore OUT.
Chris Johnson IN, Michael Bush OUT

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 07:20 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
I'll give you Chris Johnson

For free.
I also have chris johnson....

Old
09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
MJG

Down by 37 point with Rice, McFadden and Rivers playing tonight. Let's get it done.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
I played KC defence, they went -2.

I left DEN defence on the bench, they had 19 points.

Currently down 17 points. Need AJ Green to dominate tonight while Ray Lewis decides to do nothing.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:10 PM
detrude
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I also have chris johnson....
I, too, have Chris Johnson in one league. Regretted it the minute I picked him. Being a ppr league his 6 receptions made the day passable, though still underwhelming.

detrude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:22 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
They are thinking about 4 weeks. MRI inconclusive...

flyingpig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:26 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

my fantasy team already blowing apart.... lmao

Old
09-10-2012, 01:30 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Having CJ2K, Jackson, Welker, and DWill is no fun.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Everlong
-

My Bench had more points than my starters. FML. (I did have AP on the bench, didn't know how much he'd play)

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Won my match up but lost Fred Jackson.

AP looks like he's back though and should get around 20 carries next week so I'll definitely start him. I also have DeMarco Murray so I should be fine.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
I am crushing my head to head opponent in my keeper pool.

I think i have an unstoppable team this year. Brady, Stafford, Gronk, Decker, Garçon, Lynch. Baltimore defense. FTW!

Fixed to Ruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
yoteshot

Destroyed my opponent (and got the top league total) in both leagues!

First one, I got RG3, Ridley, Julio Jones, Eagles D in a league (still got Green and McFadden left and I'm 33 points ahead, he's got Ravens D left, guaranteed win).

Other one, I have Ridley, Julio Jones, Eagles D, Bradshaw and Demaryius Thomas. It was close because McCoy and Newton both underperformed, but I still scored the most points total.

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
In one league I lost by less than two points. My QB, Drew Brees, gave away two points on a hail mary INT. I win.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 07:07 PM
MJG

I was just offered CJ2K and Welker for Doug Martin and Brandon Marshall. What do you think?

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

fair trade?

AJ GREEN + T SMITH + FORTE for chris johnson + BOWE + BLOUNT