No. I much prefer team 1.

MJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 07:38 PM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
I was just offered CJ2K and Welker for Doug Martin and Brandon Marshall. What do you think?
I feel like CJ2K will be better than Martin, and Marshall will be better than Welker, so it's close. Comes down to if you think CJ2K can return to his old form. I like Martin and Marshall for you, so I don't think it's worth making what to me is a pretty even deal. I'd only get rid of those guys if it was a deal you were clearly winning. I see Marshall having a big year, and it is very clear Martin will be the guy in Tampa, so I'd roll with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
fair trade?

AJ GREEN + T SMITH + FORTE for chris johnson + BOWE + BLOUNT
I like the first group better than the second, so I'd say no. Green and Bowe are pretty close to a wash (although Green went a round or two earlier), and unless CJ2K starts playing like he did a few years ago (which is no guarantee) then him and Forte are close to a wash as well. Smith is significantly better than Blount. In terms of rounds it's roughly a 4, 6, and 2, for a 1, 6, and like 15.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Don't blow your teams up after week 1. This is coming from someone who got 15 points from Chris Johnson, Wes Welker, and Vincent Jackson combined this week. Most of the time you regret it. I got offered Turner and Stevie Johnson for CJ1K. Haven't declined it yet, but it doesn't really help me when I already have VJax, Welker, and Wayne as my WRs. Turner is on the decline and getting less carries. Johnson is THE guy in Tennessee... It just sucks that they're always trailing so his workload is always a ? mark.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
fair trade?

AJ GREEN + T SMITH + FORTE for chris johnson + BOWE + BLOUNT
No.

Forte > Green >> Johnson > Bowe > Smith >>>>>>>>> Blount.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I just lost by 1 ****in point because Baltimore pulled everyone. I needed 21 from Rice to tie he got me 20. All I needed was 2 measly rush yards. And why did he only have like 10 carries tonight.

I woulda beat any other team in the league too save one.

Old
09-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Sitting at 0-1 and thinking about proposing this one. What do you think?

Would be Trading:
Chris Johnson
Philip Rivers

Would be Acquiring:
Matt Forte
Ben Roethlisberger

I am in a 8-teamer and Matt Stafford is currently my starting QB. Would a swap of Johnson for Forte be fair? I'm thinking its close but with Johnson being an enigma, its hard to judge his value. Thanks.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
Sitting at 0-1 and thinking about proposing this one. What do you think?

Would be Trading:
Chris Johnson
Philip Rivers

Would be Acquiring:
Matt Forte
Ben Roethlisberger

I am in a 8-teamer and Matt Stafford is currently my starting QB. Would a swap of Johnson for Forte be fair? I'm thinking its close but with Johnson being an enigma, its hard to judge his value. Thanks.
Don't do it.

Forte is a great talent, but Michael Bush is going to get all the goal line carries.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 10:44 PM
The Note
Overrated

Just traded Spiller for Maclin and Blackmon. Also have Arian Foster, DeMarco Murray, and Matt Forte on my team. Good deal?

The Note is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note View Post
Just traded Spiller for Maclin and Blackmon. Also have Arian Foster, DeMarco Murray, and Matt Forte on my team. Good deal?
Eh, I'd rather have RBs than WRs all day. But Spiller isn't even a guaranteed starter in three weeks, and selling high is usually a good idea if one has depth.

Still, isn't Maclin hurt? And Blackmon has a pretty weak QB throwing to him...

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
I was just offered CJ2K and Welker for Doug Martin and Brandon Marshall. What do you think?
Walk away. Quickly.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:49 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Am about to drop Greg Little for either Ogletree, James Jones, Alshon, or McCluster. He's my fourth WR and didn't get a single catch.

Beanie Wells is also available.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

So I have both Chicago RBs Matt Forte and Micheal Bush. I started Matt Forte and Steven Jackson last week and Jackson only got 8 points while Bush got 16. Should I start both of them most weeks instead of Jackson. I thought Bush would get way less points then he did.

Also my TE are Witten and Jared Cook. Witten was played and only got 10 yards while Cook got 65. Should I beexpecting Witten to be getting more yards ?

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I just lost by 1 ****in point because Baltimore pulled everyone. I needed 21 from Rice to tie he got me 20. All I needed was 2 measly rush yards. And why did he only have like 10 carries tonight.

I woulda beat any other team in the league too save one.
Check again, they tend to review overnight. You may suddenly get 1 or 2 points more this morning.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Also my WR are Marshall, Heyward-Bey, Britt, and Colston. Ogletree and Stephen Hill are still in FA. Should I drop any players and pick up 1 or 2 of them ?

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Check again, they tend to review overnight. You may suddenly get 1 or 2 points more this morning.
I know, usually it does. Of course not this time though.

I scored the 3rd most points this weekend but played the dude who scored 2nd most and he beat me by one. And I just found out Vinatieri missed a FG too. Which was the difference in the game.

It's my own fault though I shouldn't have drafted my Kicker out of a hat in that league.

Last edited by Big Poppa Puck: 09-11-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Am about to drop Greg Little for either Ogletree, James Jones, Alshon, or McCluster. He's my fourth WR and didn't get a single catch.

Beanie Wells is also available.
I usually give it two weeks before I scour the waiver wire because it those week 1 performances coulda been just a flash in the pan.

If you're dead set on dropping Little I'd rank your options

Jeffery- Clear cut number #2

Ogletree- I don't expect them to do that every week but he could be this years Laurent Robinson. Plus Dez is a head case and Austin is injury prone so he could start at any minute.

Jones- He scares me because there's 5 options in GB, 6 if you count Driver's corpse. He could only have a good game once every few weeks.

McCluster- Runs, Receives and returns but doesn't really score much and as Charles'/Bowe's snaps increase as they get back into it after injury/holdout and with Baldwin still there his numbers may start to decline.

Old
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Sinse jackson is out should i start boldin or holmes Or morris if i get him for flex? Also should i drop celek for alfred morris?

Last edited by TML g u n n e R s*: 09-11-2012 at 02:53 PM.
TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:53 PM
JD12

Won my week 1 despite a poor showing by Jackson in my flex. What's everyone thinking of Mendenhall should I hold onto him, I haven't really seen much indicating when he will be back.

JD12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:57 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
So I have both Chicago RBs Matt Forte and Micheal Bush. I started Matt Forte and Steven Jackson last week and Jackson only got 8 points while Bush got 16. Should I start both of them most weeks instead of Jackson. I thought Bush would get way less points then he did.
Only if the Bears get to play Indy every week. I would expect Forte and Bush to average about 1 combined TD per game going forward.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:04 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

TD heavy league.... should I pick up Knowshawn Moreno, Jacqueezz Rodgers, Kendal Hunter or Mike Le Shouerr? I have Foster, Forte, Donald Borwn and Kevin Smith.

For receiver, pick up LaFell, Randall Cobb, Amendola, Nate Washington or Jon Baldwin?

I have Marshall, Dez Bryant, Desean Jackson, Malcolm Floyd and Hayward-Bey

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:36 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
TD heavy league.... should I pick up Knowshawn Moreno, Jacqueezz Rodgers, Kendal Hunter or Mike Le Shouerr? I have Foster, Forte, Donald Borwn and Kevin Smith.

For receiver, pick up LaFell, Randall Cobb, Amendola, Nate Washington or Jon Baldwin?

I have Marshall, Dez Bryant, Desean Jackson, Malcolm Floyd and Hayward-Bey
For the receivers, I'd pick up LaFell or Washington if available, then Amendola would be my 3rd choice.

Foster will get you TDs, but Smith isn't first choice in Detroit once Best and (maybe) Leshoure are back, and Forte doesn't get any goal line touches. If you want to hedge your best, in that list pick Leshoure, but Rodgers might be a sleeper pick in a deep league. I'm biased against Moreno as he ruined my season last year so I won't touch him, but that's not good info for you to use. Hunter might be useful, but only if Gore goes down.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
kojaxiu

Should I drop Kendall Wright from Titans and pickup Randall Cobb from Green Bay??

kojaxiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:18 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojaxiu View Post
Should I drop Kendall Wright from Titans and pickup Randall Cobb from Green Bay??
I would. Both young players, with Wright being higher up the WR depth chart but Cobb in the much better passing offense. I'd hope you have better starting WR options so either one would be sitting on your bench at least in the short term, but Cobb has more home run fantasy potential, especially if one of the GB receivers ahead of him goes down.

If your roster depth means you have to start either player for the rest of the season beginning week #2 that's a tougher question.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 05:09 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The Browns' QB situation is an absolute mess. I think you can drop Little. I'd rank them Ogletree, Alshon, Jones, McCluster. I'm assuming Cobb isn't available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Also my WR are Marshall, Heyward-Bey, Britt, and Colston. Ogletree and Stephen Hill are still in FA. Should I drop any players and pick up 1 or 2 of them ?
Heyward-Bey may end up being droppable, but I wouldn't do it just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
In a TD heavy league I think you gotta go Leshoure. If not him then Rodgers.

Quote:
I'd probably rank them Washington, LaFell, Cobb, Amendola, Baldwin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojaxiu View Post

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

It's been about 10 yrs since I played FF and I won. Now, I'm just wondering if Hakeem Nicks (Vs. TB) needs to be replaced by Kenny Britt (vs. SD)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote